Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

http://midasmode.com/

Midas mode will return and they're using indiegogo to sell the map and other perks.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the-million-dollar-midas-mode-project#/

Slacks can be grating but this is an interesting idea, if they actually get a person to be Roshan in VR that'd be amazing. And of course everyone hopes that this will happen

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

It's happening, they did the first round last week

https://liquipedia.net/dota2/Bot_TI/2019
http://fantasy.bts.gg/

VV whoops mb

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jul 16, 2019

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Up Circle posted:

Sorry Nahaz, I didn't realize that I needed to have my findings published in a journal for them to count. But the data I see shows me he has the 7th lowest pickrate in the game. It's neat that Visage has a high winrate, I'm glad that the highest mmr players know the right situations to pick him in. It doesn't seem like a big stretch for me to say that this champ is not very good in most situations. Every champion in the game can succeed in perfect circumstances, but that ain't what makes them good.

I don't think that I'm even being adamant when a character I literally haven't seen in 3 months in pubs, and who has 40 pro games in like 6 months doesn't seem that good. How can he pass the eye test when you never see him? I will happily admit that I am wrong when Visage passes Sniper on the page you linked in pick rate, okay sir?

I honestly don't understand why it matters who was playing the earthshaker though, its beyond me why that would be the most important part of that why do you care about that at all

He's a good hero but he's hard to play so his pick rate will never be high. Thanks for the paragraph though

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

https://www.rivalry.com/esports/money-alone-wont-fix-the-tier-2-dota-scene

Interesting piece from Reinessa. Lack of consistent money going to T2 teams is the symptom, but the disease is DPC scheduling and qualifiers, not a lack of money.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Yeah this is basically just a summary of everything people like PPD have been saying for a while now. NIP play major qualifiers for four days, lose, then immediately have to play minor qualifiers for four days. They get to the minor, play for a full week, win, and then qualify for the major which they have to fly to the next day. Happened to them twice. This has all been talked about a ton this season. Hell, I even posted about the structure already existing for automated weekly tournaments in the Battle Cup just a few weeks ago when the DPC issues last came up

I really like how she articulated a main issue, that some of the instability is baked into the system because everyone is so desperate to get to TI. If you directly link some sort of weekly league to TI points people will be motivated to play it.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yes, thank you for clarifying. Just saw some vids with that panel that I've never seen before because it was off by default, I think. Towers and enemy units would appear in the side instead of replacing the self unit panel.

That's what HOTS's default is, your hero always stays on the bottom and anything you click on appears as an info panel on the top left.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yah mostly because you never control those units, right? Clicking always means inspect instead of switch. Still sucks having to look to a second place for the same stat.

Between that and the lack of camera click-drag (vs click-pan), I couldn't bring myself to like hots despite trying to for a while.

There's only a few heroes who have multiple things to control (Lost Vikings, Samuro, Rexxar/Misha and maybe a couple others) and to me they all have a really bad control scheme. They added in click-drag at some point but it feels terrible compared to Dota.

I had a couple Dota friends try HOTS and it felt different enough to turn them off right away.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

VV E: thought Peter's salt was funny I don't have an issue with the rankings

schmitty9800 fucked around with this message at 11:05 on Aug 13, 2019

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

It was kind of interesting that Dotabuff did this in their predictions; everyone else has no problem putting someone at the bottom.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

Snagged from reddit, for those of you who play the fantasy dota stuff in the battle pass, here's the list of teams with an "extra" series on each day.

Day 1: Chaos, Keen, LGD, Liquid, Secret, TNC playing 3 series
Day 2: EG, Infamous, NaVi, NIP, OG, VG playing 3 series
Day 3: Alliance, Chaos, Keen, Mineski, Newbee, Secret playing 3 series
Day 4: EG, Fnatic, Infamous, NiP, RNGU, VG, VP playing 2 series

e: also you can do it online again here - https://www.dota2.com//fantasy/

Knew I should have checked first I just wasted 5 minutes doing this.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Tencent stepping up their DDOS game

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

The correct last pick would have been a carry CritShaker so they are going to lose.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

This Arc Jak lane was a disaster. Jak is just a bad zoning support vs. Ogre.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

The last pub game I played someone queued for Soft Support Ogre and went offlane with me, went 0/5 and his only inventory item was a glove of haste until he got his midas at 20 minutes. Game ended at 24 minutes. Lord help us.

Midas can work on support Ogre but only if you're rolling. I mean, look at this offlane Ogre, he goes Bracer-Wand-Phase before it.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Wow what a DW ult

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Tiny can scale but Alliance don't have tower hitters other than when DP ult is up.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

emdash posted:

Tiny hits towers if they have a solar crest or he just has a lot of attack speed

BioThermo posted:

I mean, that's a very very big thing to exclude when talking about pushing potential.

Oh they can make it work but there's other cores who would have gotten two sets there. Once the Tiny's tree ran out they stopped doing damage.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

no glyph on secret...

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Ceb throwing

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Ceb had two horrible miscalculations midgame that brought LGD back into it and ana's bad chrono at Rosh/dieback sealed it. If you're not used to dealing with technical issues in Dota I don't know what to say.

Broken Cog posted:

I still don't get why NP was worth 1k gold at that point

Kill streak plus net worth difference.

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003

Nasgate posted:

Yeah I know all of this. Point still stands, but do go off king

He tabbed over to wikipedia so fast he didn't fully read your reply

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

schmitty9800
Feb 9, 2003