Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
What hours will the actual TI games be on for people in Pacific/Eastern time? Probably like 9-10PM Eastern then going throughout the night, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Prize pool has surpassed 2018 with six weeks until the tournament.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Chinese OQ stacks:
Burning/YYF/Longdd/Blink/Iceice "Team Solid"
ZSMJ/Axx (best female dota player from China)/Sansheng + 2 "Team Gas"

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Pain replaced Leo with hfn (since Leo is on bc now)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Reddit threads with OQ stacks listed
https://www.reddit.com/r/DotA2/comm..._term=control_2

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Libertine posted:

Checking in for my annual spectator participation as someone who never plays DOTA 2 but loves TI.

The Wild Card qualifiers start tomorrow right?

I'm looking for a plucky but completely insane SEA team to root for.

open qualifiers, yeah

From SEA There is a Raven/NothingToSay/Xepher/Velo/Mushi stack (called GeekFam, likely to go pretty far) and a Korea/Australia stack: QO/Lose/lordboonz/snow/Reisen (called Oracle, not likely to go far)

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Not yet. Universe and Mason also haven't registered yet

It's not on that reddit post (or wasn't when I posted this) but there's a Forev/March/gunnar +2 stack in SEA as well

Gorgc/Cancel/Bulldog/Bamboe/Akke is the clowniest thing I've ever heard

emdash fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 2, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Libertine posted:

Mushi is my favorite guy so this seems like an easy choice. Only one bonus team is coming out of each region for the last six spots right? But there's like a really uneven number of participants in all the regions?

Yes and yes, but only for opens. Regionals have the same number of teams (8) for each region, although they arrive at that total in different ways

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Yeah Korea was considered de facto SEA due to their scene's tiny size

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
They can try again in OQ 2

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
The Pudge is also the top farmer in the game https://www.liquiddota.com/stream/BeyondTheSummit

I guess he was mid?

they lost. That's too bad

The next match is Ad Finem vs Singularity, probably the most real game so far today

emdash fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jul 3, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
it's VG vs Liquid but played by t3 teams

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
no EE, no Mason, no Universe, no BSJ, no ixmike

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I totally forgot about ixmike being invited whoops

Synd said he was protesting that team being all CIS in like the first or second round today and it took them this long to boot them. What bs

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
gonna hazard a guess that the team environment was not good even before afo decided to shoot himself in the dick publicly

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It's really telling on oneself to frame requests to the company that many essentially depend on for their livelihood as "crying"

I don't think anyone is asking Valve for a development league anyway. People want more equitable prize distribution, for the minors to be an end unto themselves, and for the DPC to leave some air for development leagues to exist

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
There have been Youth/B teams for several of the Chinese orgs for a while now, which is a lot more than essentially any non-Chinese team can say

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

ive seen some mentions to a github program to remove hats from dota2, any of u know what the program is?

https://github.com/No-Bling/DOTA

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
yeah even if you toggle Kouch's visibility to "off" it will come back next time. Use streamlink or mpv or watch on a TV via chromecast, twitch app (TV versions don't support extensions), etc

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

IcePhoenix posted:

I've barely been paying attention to the drafts at all lately, why is techies first ban material now?

anti-Navi strats apparently. Though it must have been a problem in scrims, because they haven't gotten it in an official since 2017

looks like Zayac plays it a lot in pubs

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Ok I’m on the 23savage hype train now

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
God damnit, that morphling lotus omnislash would’ve been such a cool way to win

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
I feel like opening mid and safe cores is still just a bad idea

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Ok jinesbrus’ draft might be the worst thing I’ve ever seen

nvm they’re owning

emdash fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Jul 10, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
sniper doto

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
navi :shobon:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

docLeder posted:

Just started following dota again after been away for a while. What is the floating character heads on the right side of the stream?

twitch plugin called kouch that lets the audience clap for individual heroes as the game progresses (see the hands under each hero at the top)

That part is pretty goofy but you can also view networth, etc. at your leisure instead of waiting for the obs to do it

The REAL Goobusters posted:

EGM literally kicked from singularity 1 day before the EU qualifiers. For some random German dude with no liquipedia page. Cool

E: wait but he was qualified with the gorgc stack. drat I’m confused lol

yeah it looks like luft played with Singularity through qualifiers, so I guess it was just an "unofficial" roster change until now

emdash fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 10, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Lol newbee wtf

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
shame about their relative skill

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
blessed region

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Honestly it's interesting because the competitive matches and pubs feed off each other in the most obvious ways (to me)

Lol at Grant not remembering that ixmike is in the qualifier

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Sampatrick posted:

What happened in the jstorm vs fwd game? I can't tell at all what happened in the game based on the dotabuff graph

jstorm saw a Chen pick and still picked 0 rightclickers, so they lost once Chen found his magic resist aura creeps and FWD had their items

Maybe they thought they could end it early with Pugna but it sure didn't work

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
the offlaners in this COL vs JStorm game are just having their lane in bot river. that owns

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Kyle losing his mind already

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It’s been done rarely for a long time because he can dump out physical damage in the right circumstances and has a great attack animation

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

everything sucks and is bad

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
It's 2 per year minimum if they keep doing the BP reward arcana (io, earthshaker), which they almost certainly will. So yeah, 103 heroes "need" arcanas, it would take 50 years to do them all at the current pace

they haven't released an arcana with a hero since Monkey in December 2016 (Pango, Willow, Grim, Mars do not have Arcanas) and they haven't released an arcana out of the blue (not for vote, hero release, or battlepass) since Feb 2015 with the CM arcana

emdash fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 17, 2019

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/SirActionSlacks/status/1151522348685676544

lmaooooo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

hahayup posted:

I tried playing this game for the first time a few days ago and whoooweeee steep learning curve it seems. I found myself sitting in the middle of the map looking through the menu of a hundred different little items half the time. Can you be successful at this game just by following one of the simpler item guides?

yes, any of the guides by ImmortalFaith, DotaAlchemy, or TorteDeLini are good

a lot of good video for newbies on YouTube too. Check the Day9 Learns Dota series with Purge

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Both "China is spending more on the BP for their TI" and "Dota fans are hungry little piggies at the hat trough" can be true at once

Btw there's this page that shows BPs vs prize pool and the level distribution https://dota.rgp.io/battlepass/. It says being level 425 (axe) or higher is 78th percentile

Not sure if that 1.8 million is the exact number of BP owners or if that's a sample/how this guy gets his info though