Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

emdash posted:

What hours will the actual TI games be on for people in Pacific/Eastern time? Probably like 9-10PM Eastern then going throughout the night, right?
Probably, yeah. They'll presumably start the day at 10-11am, and 10am Shanghai time is 7pm Pacific/10pm Eastern.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

lurksion posted:

We need a team plasma to complete the set then.
Team Bose-Einstein Condensate

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Pudge/Morphling on the same team with a Morphling Agh's.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

McSharpie posted:

TFT are going to win this despite giving every big spell to this rubick
This Ember is having a bad enough game to offset it, though. They're basically playing the 2k pub strat of "hope the Sniper gets gigantic and just peeps everyone to death".

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ritsu holding his buyback for next game, apparently.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I just remember the first Midas Mode tournament, where randoming gave moonbucks so the better teams just randomed and figured out a way to win anyway.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

If you're just learning the game, I'm not sure if you've tried Turbo mode or not, but that's one of the things I'd actually not advise people to try. It's going to give you a totally weird sense for how the game works that will be really difficult to adjust to if you go into regular games that are a lot longer and function completely differently. On the flipside though, if you never really care about playing ranked or anything and just want to play for fun (as much fun as you can have in a strictly competitive game, anyways), you could consider only playing turbo and never branching out into the regular game mode, because it's way more time intensive and way more toxic.

On the same note, don't spend too much time playing against bots. Practicing heroes is fine but you're going to get a bad sense of how people actually play the game. Bot's are beyond just training wheels mode, even on the highest difficulty setting. It's like playing chess against someone who doesn't use knights at all.
It sort of depends on what you're trying to learn. Bot matches and Turbo matches give you somewhat of a sense of what the heroes and items do, which is an important factor, but the game flow is very different and not reflective of the main game mode, and the game balance is noticeably different.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
That Lich/Enigma match was legendary.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

schmitty9800 posted:

Knew I should have checked first I just wasted 5 minutes doing this.

Also keep in mind for day 4 that we might have tiebreakers.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Seven buybacks in one teamfight.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
VP serving up some delicious ice cream tonight.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ame. Stop. They had families.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Ah, there's the NA Dota we know and love.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Meanwhile, Na'vi is losing to Infamous.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
What did I just watch

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
And you all thought Infamous was going out in the group stage.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
It's happening again.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Double Laguna kill!

edit: This would be a rough one for Chaos, especially since they need to gain 3 points on Liquid with 2 bo2s to play for each.

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Aug 17, 2019

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

TheRat posted:

What the heck happened to the TNC/Chaos game
Chaos blew an early lead, then TNC ratted them to death, then TNC attempted to throw by diving too deep for megas, and then vtFaded missed a couple chronos and now we're here.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Khezu is the only reason Chaos isn't already out of this tournament

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Dota 2, everybody!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Chaos now only needs 2 more wins than Liquid (or 3 more than Keen, who play Liquid) over their respective last 2 series to stay alive.

Meanwhile, NiP is on life support.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
...and NiP stakes their tournament on a mid Abaddon.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I think we get tiebreakers if both TNC and Alliance win (3-way tie for 3rd with the winner of Newbee/Mineski), or both lose (winner of Newbee/Mineski gets 3rd, 3-way tie for 4th with remaining teams).

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Well, this is a wet fart of an ending: both the remaining Group A matches are getting stompy.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

8 points clinches Upper Bracket with Infamous dropping a game to RNG. Winner of Fnatic/VP game two is IN. EG just needs a split against NiP to join them. If EG gets swept by NiP then we'll get a four team tiebreak for the last UB spot
I'm pretty sure I have even less confidence in NiP than I did in Liquid.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Its Rinaldo posted:

Seeing those blinking bracelets in the crowd makes me nostalgic and jelly. Why you gotta move TI out of my backyard valve :negative:
Because Key Arena isn't a thing right now?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
1 player on one of the best teams in the world just casually catches the world's most expected arrow

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Forget all that, Dendi's here

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm not sure if I should be worried about my VG prediction now or just amazed at how effectively TNC is using the EternalEnvy strat

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ElNarez posted:

I feel like between centaur's retaliate and lesh's nova, this is actually a loving terrible game to pick Brood into, so really it's on the casters
I don't think they expected Armel to get dunked on this hard in the early game, and now it's hard for him to recover. Especially now that Centaur maxes E, he's not super good against spiders early, so there was a window there potentially.

The bigger problem is that Kuku doesn't have a game.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

IcePhoenix posted:

wait I looked away for a second, did Alliance no-ban?
Yeah, they ran out of time and didn't use their 6th ban.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Honey badgers versus bears. Thanks, Dendi.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Did Ramzes just spend that entire fight chasing around a position 5 and not even catch him?

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
The annual VP Choke at TI is in progress.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

There are people online saying that they should have just redone the Alliance draft because of iNSaNiA's mistake. Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?
These are probably the same people who think we shouldn't have been treated to RTZ Phoenix last year.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Yapzor literally saving the game there

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
It's happening again.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
Well, that's one way to redeem yourself after throwing game 1