Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Checking in for my annual spectator participation as someone who never plays DOTA 2 but loves TI.

The Wild Card qualifiers start tomorrow right?

I'm looking for a plucky but completely insane SEA team to root for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

emdash posted:

open qualifiers, yeah

From SEA There is a Raven/NothingToSay/Xepher/Velo/Mushi stack (called GeekFam, likely to go pretty far) and a Korea/Australia stack: QO/Lose/lordboonz/snow/Reisen (called Oracle, not likely to go far)

Mushi is my favorite guy so this seems like an easy choice. Only one bonus team is coming out of each region for the last six spots right? But there's like a really uneven number of participants in all the regions?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

but lmao Geek Fam lost in the round of 32 because they got caught out without buybacks on 80% of their team

drat my team is already out. Do the defeated squads get another shot in the Open Qualifier 2 or is that an entirely different pool of rosters?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

Centzon Totochtin posted:

This ad finem singularity game is so stupid

I've had it on the background while in meetings. 70 minute mark god drat

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

If Gambit wins this game does it set off a huge tiebreaker mess for the CIS playoff seeding? Guess if Nemiga wins also.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

The REAL Goobusters posted:

gently caress yeah the euros got eliminated from the SA qualifier.

I’m not aware of the whole qualification process but how did that even happen? Shouldn’t they have been immediately DQ’d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

EorayMel posted:

What the gently caress is this vega game

I've been watching it and have no idea who will win because I feel like both teams keep taking turns fully breaking each other off in team fights.