Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

what the gently caress did i just watch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

it's crazy, OG always seems like they're out of it, but then

they rise up from the dust and claim their throne

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

has any tournament been played on 3 different patches

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

peter "peter pan 'ppd' 'dam'" dager

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

shouldn't it be MidTwo

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TheRat posted:

I dont watch it, but I play it myself. I quite like it. But I also played the poo poo out of original vanilla wow.

I quit WoW in 2008-ish and just started playing again because of, well, all this

The game is total ezmode now. All the time sinks are gone. Mounts at 20. Do regular quests in an area for 3 hours, get 8 levels. Just straight queue for dungeons and you're in and out in 15 minutes.

It feels kinda stupid but I'd never go back to grinding STV for a solid month

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

is w33 just bad now or was he always bad when he wasn't on cheese in a friendly patch

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sugar free jazz posted:

i have no idea if it's true but i would guess a lot of it has to do with OG's style of play in the last two TIs and how they just gogogofight a lot and make a mess all around the map to make space for a specific, targeted timing that they drafted for.

I bet the free neutral items also help make it happen. You get a big power boost for free and that lets you fight harder sooner with whatever timing you drafted for.

Yeah, neutral items being Actually Good means the whole game is sped up, and if you don't have map control in the mid game you're scaling so much slower than the team that does.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

3 qop?

edit:

Zurreco posted:

4 mids and a Puppey

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

ILL Machina posted:

I, too, once played with slacks and encouraged him to confirm his identity by picking techies and he did and he carried our dumb assess to victory and it was fun and he was fun. His mic was off, for better or worse.

i guess i assume he's less obnoxious when he has the onscreen persona turned off but maybe not

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sugar free jazz posted:

what the hell are the names for clips generated from.

it's just a human-readable unique identifier, so mapping a random but unique number onto a string of english words instead of youtube style where it's encoded like "_-GaXa8tSBE"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Are they doing some kind of quarantine for the casters/analysts?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

this "at the top home alone macauly culkin" song is not great and i've heard it approximately 7000 times in the last couple months

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

are there any confirmed nonchud pro dota players

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

https://audiojungle.net/item/hardcore-and-hype-rap/21764330

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

idiotsavant posted:

Man, OG just seems wholesome as gently caress

yeah it's gonna suck when notail inevitably milkshake ducks

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Knowlue posted:

nigma was looking real good up until w33 dc

he got baited by yapzor and ran in super deep and they lost all 3 cores and then it's over

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

*screams in slacks*

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Johnny Joestar posted:

there are few things i would enjoy less than watching a 30 minute video about that

his basic point is that since she's so skillshot dependent, you think you're better at WR than you actually are, because Psychology

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

sugar free jazz posted:

the twitlonger where the woman describes being raped is not about redeye, it's about a CS:GO player named Henry? A cs:go person named Banks (i think) says redeye does bad poo poo and is blackballing Banks from casting and stuff? i think that's right

Banks was also the panel host for a recent dota tournament, maybe the last WePlay one?

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i can't remember the last time i saw artour play anything other than NP, naga, ursa, or TB

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Like, actually read this: https://theleaddeveloper.com/code-of-conduct because it covers a lot of stuff that's vague "know it if you see it" stuff like "unwelcome sexual attention", "sustained disruption of discussion" and poo poo like that, which means you can actually report someone for being obviously a piece of poo poo and they can't hide behind "well there's no rule against TALKING to someone!"

And yes, you have to codify this poo poo, because otherwise you can't ban someone for being a piece of poo poo, because they'll scream bloody murder about how they didn't do anything wrong

edit:

Beef posted:

Fair enough. My point was not about that there shouldn't be something like a CoC in place, but more about their effectiveness. I definitely understand the impulse to want to put _anything_ in place that helps.
From my US corporate experience, I have not seen CoCs being an effective substitute for a critical mass of people with human decency, removing the support that kind of behavior. You're still asking the victim to go and report it to HR, which has the tendency to "start an investigation". The joke is that HR is litigation mitigation, and my fear is that CoCs end up being more effective for that purpose than to actually have any social justice impact. That was my impression, and there have been interesting points raised in this thread to counter that.

Yeah, and I understand your concern, but CoCs also give people who have been the targets of poo poo, or people who have witnessed it, something to actually go on to call people out for it. that sentence was a loving disaster, i'm sorry

more falafel please fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Jun 23, 2020

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

I think travel is the biggest problem, especially internationally where some countries are outright barred from entry

sumail literally can't enter the EU at the moment (neither can I)

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

i turned away from secret/nigma for like 5 minutes when it looked like nigma had the upper hand/was pushing high ground and all of a sudden secret is up 17k

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

fem antimage is extremely good

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

emdash posted:

Two rapiers on EE on dotapit. What will happen

3, and now they're not on EE, lol

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

jimmydalad posted:

So I don’t play DOTA and only usually watch TI. Is OG still dominant or is there another team that’s better?

Also, Naga Siren. :geno:

OG is weirdly streaky, but usually does well. Secret is better though, I think the only tournaments that they haven't won have been the ones they didn't participate in. Going 1-2 to Secret is considered a great showing at this point.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Sab669 posted:

In terms of seniority, like just pure years spent in competitive DOTA, Puppey's gotta be one of the oldest by now, right?

I think Fear has been playing longer, but yeah, Puppey's been around basically forever. He's probably the only player who's been playing professionally since before Dota 2 that's still any good, and he's probably the best 5 and the best drafter in the game

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

lol, arteezy might have updated dota mid-pause and can't reconnect so EG is going to have to forfeit

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

TheRat posted:

I feel like S4 should probably try using some of dark seer's skills

and then what happened

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I think topson might be better at mid than n0tail

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

I still don't understand this "multiple shadow sightings have been reported throughout the city" ad

"Monsters are attacking, which is very fun. Mercedes-Benz"

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

kneelbeforezog posted:

Whys it called dota instead of games? What I miss?

I think it's a halloween thing, most of the forums have "spooky" names and dota is scary

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

rapira

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Lakad matataaaaaaaaaag

Normalin, Normalin

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

IcePhoenix posted:

Sheever has no idea how over/under works, confirmed goon

A lot of people don't have any idea what over/under means, I hear "what's the over/under on Joe being late" or something like that, which doesn't make any sense

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

lurksion posted:

I mean, I immediately translate that as many minutes late.

Not having heard what Sheever said though.

Kyle asked "over/under 1.5 rapiers" and Sheever asked how you can have 1.5 rapiers

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

PL rapier, lol

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Is there anywhere that lists match times for the whole DPC in one place? I keep switching through tabs on Liquipedia to see what regions are playing on any given day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

rjmccall posted:

Liquipedia has that list of all upcoming matches, and if you hit the star, it’ll hide the non-DPC tournaments. If you want to see all the specific remaining games at once in like a calendar format, I don’t know if there’s a place that shows that.

Ooh, yeah, that's what I wanted, thanks.