Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Marcel, if you press that button...

Ravus posted:

:same: This is WAY worse than NA times. Still no-lifing it as much as I can though.

I'm so excited. I watched OG's True Sight, then OG watching OG's True Sight, then the interview/Q&A with OG after they watched OG's True sight. Last year was magic. This year can't be as good but I'm still all-in for bad-time-zone-DOTAS. :getin:

All great videos... and now there's this one that just came out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdgTa9ni4S8

I quite enjoyed it as well :O

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Last year there was this awesome doc someone compiled for notable VODs, I hope there's one for this year too

Been sick the last few days so haven't stayed up very late.. hope I'm over it for the main event.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Aug 17, 2019

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

:ohdear:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

It's good to see you back at it! :cheers:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Bulba:
1st at TI

No?

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Hmm, apparently so. I even watched that entire main event and I don't remember seeing him at all. :shrug:

I know coaches were less of a thing back then, but I've even been rewatching a lot of old main event VODs and was loving seeing Ceb as panel talent and Bulba really doesn't seem to come up as much as PPD in analysis.

Edit: Yeah seems like he was an entirely backstage thing back then? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPhIwx6E4Wo you don't even see him anywhere with them in these videos.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Sep 17, 2019

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/ogesports/status/1199715071565402113?s=21

??

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

https://twitter.com/ogesports/status/1221428618569691138?s=21

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I think him losing the dispel on storm hammer from the talent tree and moving it onto the shard was also pretty big

Yeah everyone else got new options from the shard, Sven has to pay 1400 gold to be how he was before.

Edit: V true, I forgot about that. Also keep forgetting shards arenít available until the 20 minute mark.

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 15:55 on Dec 22, 2020

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Is there a clip of the Nyx snatching the Rosh drops? That sounds lit

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Oof team spirit just rocked them

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Donít even watch much anime but they got the rights to use the Demon Slayer song :black101:

:69snypa:

Edit: oh sweet, AR drafting like TI. But no crowd to clap with ES and Ogre. Who I donít feel like Iíve seen be picked at all in groups so lol

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Jun 9, 2021

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Oh god miracle is making GBS threads everywhere

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

These cameras are weird, either all pro dota playersí complexion is terrible or the sharpness is just a bit much idk

I donít remember fly looking like that at TI at least

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Zurreco posted:

I think its humid as gently caress and the angle/resolution of the cameras is catching the stage lights off of their sweat.

That makes sense, but drat I would be wiping my face a lot if I was in their position, and would really hate playing in those conditions

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Oh true itís like when you have fluorescent lights in your bathroom, you can see every disgusting pore on your face

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

lol the health bars that pop up when Rosh or towers are being taken down, the bar bottoms out well before zero and I giggle every time

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

drat that courier had a blink dagger lol

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

DOTA isnít an elite sport, no, but I think The International is an elite sporting EVENT, if only for the prize pool and the crowds it draws

I do think itís a little bit of an attitude issue, like Ebert refusing to concede that video games can be considered art. It just seems like the people who matter and make the decisions refuse to see ANY esport event as elite sport, but I think TI is the one event that may be big enough in esports to do so.

Oh well, their loss IMO

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I should stop listening to capís podcast. I donít know the co host at all and cap has his head up his rear end every episode about something

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Taffer posted:

I remember listening to cap cast at the animajor and thinking "wow he seems way more chill and less like an rear end than he used to", lol I guess that was just presentation

He was in a good mood post major because someone gave him a huge effort post on Reddit stroking his ego. This week he is complaining about the community and not wanting to go on Reddit or Twitter, he canít make up his mind.

I only listen to it to hold me over until sundyren cast though

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Russia plus the Commonwealth of Independent States

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Sab669 posted:

Huh. No idea how I've made it 30 whole years with never hearing of that.

Once the USSR was over the western world stopped paying attention I guess. I definitely didnít hear anything about that part of the world post Cold War in school

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Is that a Christmas tree in EEís room

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

rjmccall posted:

Liquid got outdrafted in Game 1. The main thing Storm does as a hero is zip and kill your supports before they contribute, and as soon as heís far enough behind that heís afraid to do that, heís useless. Lina/Nix/Brood is a tough matchup in midgame, and he just got rolled.

In Game 2, Tundra drafted Batrider mid, so now weíre on to Game 3.

:allears:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Streamlink is lit, thanks thread :thumbsup:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I love this thread when OG plays :allears:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Grapplejack posted:

this little highlight reel and its like why the gently caress are tundra in these qualifiers and not direct invited lmao

Because DPC. So we get Alliance and VP who bombed out of the majors but won their seasons

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Tom Clancy is Dead posted:

Tundra not being directly invited has nothing to do with the DPC points distribution, they couldn't make the top 4 in either DPC season to go to a major.

Well the spots are given based on those DPC rules. They donít just directly invite any team itís DPC and regional quals only, right?

Like I would be fine with Valve doing that and inviting a few teams, like say the defending champion, but itís all down to the seasons, and WEU is stacked where we arenít going to see Liquid, Nigma, and maybe OG. Thatís crazy, but itís how they decided to do it.

And I mentioned VP not to say they are WEU but rather to say they are similar to Alliance: a team that is going to TI for the massive points from winning their seasons but bombed out of the major hard. I know VP is CIS :)

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

RisqueBarber posted:

im rooting for sumail but i hate og life is complicated

i havent watched a true sight in 4 years because i hate og so much

lol imagine missing out on the best two true sights because you hate a team

This guy has no chill man

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Yeah Michael Jordan was toxic too but I still have a Lotta respect for how much he owned other people at his game

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Taffer posted:

sumail is a really overrated player. he's not a good carry

He is not a good carry but I donít think heís overrated anymore

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

gently caress yes game five. This is a big reason why OG is fun to watch, they donít tend to go out clean.

Iíd be really bummed if there is no patch before TI. The meta needs a shake up, even though we still are being surprised by these silly picks and drafts that somehow work because these guys exist on another level of play. It would not feel good to see the same heroes, mechanics and items doing the same things two months from now.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

EorayMel posted:

OG crumbling

:laugh:

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

Crummelhorn posted:

I'm not hearing voicelines guys. OG is sure to lose any moment

:lmao:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The best part of following this thread when I can't watch the games just yet are OG matches because every time there's always like 6 posters screaming about how dog poo poo and bad they're doing and how they've already lost I get excited to see some clownshoes poo poo when I get home and it turns out it's just some minor gently caress ups and throws and counter-throws.

You people get me excited for real stupidity and give me milquetoast bad plays.

Thatís the best part about OG, they make other people make hilarious mistakes they shouldnít make. They do it too, but they bring everyone down to that chaotic monkey business level. And they are more comfortable with it and have the stamina to go a full best of five while everyone else seems to get gassed by it

Edit: Secret stomped OG in a best-of-five earlier this year right? While they still had mid one I think?

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 10, 2021