Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

wtf Synd??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

JollyBoyJohn posted:

I only play dota on a Friday night with my buddy, its the only time of the week he gets away from his kid and wife and mine works Friday night's so its just turned into a nice arrangement. I'm archon and hes crusader so we are both shite but its still fun.

This is the way to play right here.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

EG looks like poo poo.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I love that, year in year out, I can catch up on Dota and mikeraskol is posting this every time and is right every time :hmmyes:

I have only one note but I'll be drat if it isn't a good one

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

EG is SO loving BAD

Their drafting is bad. Their laning is bad. Their mid game decisionmaking is bad.

EG IS loving BAD.

S4 looks totally cooked. Sumail is not head and shoulders above anyone anymore. Rtz continues to make baffling positioning decisions throughout the map.

EG. Bad.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Where is the Artour 1v5 rampage? What?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I'm not sure what I would do if OG wins back-to-back TIs.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

Is this because Fly played great or because Midone played really bad

Midone was so bad all series it was actually incredible. I guess he did some good things in game 2 on Invoker to stretch out the game and give them time to come back but they were down the way they were in part because for most of that game he wasn't playing well either.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Newbee your match has started not sure youíre aware.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

NEWBEE HELLO YOUR GAME HAS STARTED

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Why do Newbee look so completely lost when WK goes to his jungle and Infamous' mid and 4 position start collapsing on Newbee's jungle?

It's the exact fuckign way they played in game 1 and Newbee is acting like they've never seen it.

Awful play by them.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Newbee's play this game is so poor.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This is just a rerun of game 1

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IncendiaC posted:

newbee is getting so outplayed here holy moly

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Come the gently caress ON EG LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

BLEED loving BLUE LETS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Not Al-Qaeda posted:

og lost then if they had to do such role swaps

They may have lost the draft but never underestimate EG's ability to play aimless Dota in the midgame, get picked off a ton and then just lose.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Yes

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I actually think Topson might destroy this game, he has too good of a start.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

As I post that he dies.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

I can't handle this game

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Never underestimate EG's ability to get outplayed in midgame teamfights

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

What a catastrophe. 50/50 game goes to easy OG win because EG decides they need to go on Enchantress.

loving braindead idiots.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Ana is 3k above Rtz

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

EG just purely outplayed tbh

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

What a poo poo performance

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Andrast posted:

Ench went to 3 hp during that fight where rtz died

Yes and they lost the game because of that fight? I think this is the second time you've mentioned this as if it were some sort of positive or a justification. (If it was someone else then its the second time its been mentioned generally.)

The ench lived and the fight cost them the game. It doesn't matter how many hp the ench lived at. In fact, it doesn't even matter if the ench died, the sheer effort and overextension that EG had to put in to do so allowed them to get rolled in that crucial midgame teamfight.

It was a really horrendous decision and demonstrated why EG won't win a tournament like this - their midgame calls are just not good enough. They are so highly skilled but make such bad decisions. It was a 50/50 game before that and an 85/15 game after.

mikeraskol fucked around with this message at 21:11 on Aug 22, 2019

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

BioThermo posted:

Agh's upgrades not taking up a slot in the ultra late game is something that still needs to be balanced, but affects so few games.

It's fine, it actually makes poo poo happen in the late game since you absolutely must fight for Rosh. A good change.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Itís actually amazing that itís 3 minutes in and you can already see that EG lost.

Fire Bulba, murder S4 and letís start this team over again please.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Lmao eg what the gently caress?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Cinara posted:

This game feels over already.

Because it is.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Fly is playing like poo poo and Sumails momentum just got ruined. And now eg is 3k down and canít recover.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

This is honestly just really sad to watch.

Trilane with no chance of victory giving dark seer a free game?

Absolutely horrendous plays by Fly?

Sumail uncharacteristically feeding?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

At least I can go back to sleep. Jesus loving Christ just restart the roster please.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Iím an OG fan now. Letís go . . . Topson? Bleed green??

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Are we thinking theyíre going to announce one more hero besides dragon-riding grandma keen?

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Craptacular! posted:

What I was getting at is that TI is usually defined by some sort of big play: the play 2012, the million dollar dreamcoil, the whatever million dollar echo slam, etc. Someone after TI4 derisively referred to the main event as ďthe [$] tier one tower pushĒ because there wasnít a single big highlight teamfight. Part of the problem was the meta of giving big rewards for T1s and the lack of a bounce back for a bad start, but ultimately it was just a team outplaying another team hard by doing everything well. This TIís meta wasnít really at all like TI4, the only comparison was one team outplaying another by doing everything well. You could kind of say game 4 had a fifteen million dollar Diffusal Blade, but that was kind of overshadowed by how broken Wisp is.

All I wanted to say was that OG probably worked harder than people comparing to TI4 are giving them credit for, they compare it to TI4 mostly because the see any attempt at a big memorable play is constantly rebuffed by just charging in and murdering the Tidehunter and then running away, which is is effective but unsatisfying.

Not to take anything away from OG. They have all the strategies and make use of them, they didnít just always play this one game this way and wait for the meta to shift their way. Theyíve shown they can do anything.

I'm late to this but come on this is stupid. I'm going to remember Topson Pugna, Topson Gyro diffusal, Ana carry Io - all of these things - forever. It's not one play but this poo poo was absolutely incredibly memorable.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Carrier posted:

When are we getting the Fly redemption ark

arc

The REAL Goobusters posted:

The big lesson coming out of this TI is that teams should be filled with players that enjoy each otherís company and can form a good bond of trust

I wouldn't really overreact to this kind of thing tbh. It's more that all of OG are incredibly good players whose playstyles complement each other extremely well.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

The open secret right now is that Ramzes is joining EG as pos 3. There are also some rumors that Abed might be joining EG and Sumail might be leaving.

Lmao Rtz-Abed-Ramzes 1-2-3 would be so bad. Itís like EG is staring at the evidence from OG winning two straight TIs and zagging the opposite direction.

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Sampatrick posted:

I want to say that the rumor is Abed as carry, rtz back to mid, and Ramzes back to offlane. Ramzes has been playing pos 3 in pubs at the very least iirc.

Potato potato. Same difference and just as bad. Seeking individual technical skill like itís the be all end all when weíre clearly in a world where the baseline pro skill is so high itís other factors that truly elevate a team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

wasn't there an incarnation of EG where SumaiL played offlane and it was just absolutely awful?

Yes it was in the meta where mid was a dual lane. Sumail went off and Fear went mid I think. That team had a lot of problems beyond Sumail offlane. I think Misery was making GBS threads it up as captain.