Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
It's my Birthday this month. What do you have to say to me?
This poll is closed.
Happy Birthday! 10 7.63%
Happy Birthday...and many more! 17 12.98%
Oh shut up...just kidding man. Happy Birthday! 7 5.34%
My birthday is this month too, but clearly it is your month 15 11.45%
Happy Bowsette...I mean Birthday (sorry Freudian slip there) 82 62.60%
Total: 131 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Ceyton
Oct 9, 2004

YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!
YOU'RE DEAD ARMITAGE!

Zaphod42 posted:

Ulililia's stuff just seems like the product of mental health issues so I don't think there's much to be gained from mocking it.

Who's mocking it? It's legitimately great outsider art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

USSF might have sandbagged any NWSL licensing deal with EA in order to goose the revenue numbers for the equal pay legal battle :ohdear:

NWSL/Women's Champions League would own and I would definitely do the career mode if they had that option

Yeah it just sucks that the options are so anemic. Play world cup tournament/final. Play a friendly match. Welp that's it. Not an option for career mode, not an option for FUT. It's like they want brownie points for having ALEX MORGAN in the game!!! but not really having them in the game in a meaningful sense.

Sorry I'm just a little salty because ESPN got the rights for some of the NWSL matches and then sent the games off to die on ESPNNews (some games will be broadcast on ESPN2 but wtf ESPNNews???)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Don't worry, the rest of the games are streaming on Yahoo! Sports, the internet's leader in sports

I know it might be cold comfort but the street ball mode being mixed-gender is pretty cool for a mainstream sports game

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Don't worry, the rest of the games are streaming on Yahoo! Sports, the internet's leader in sports

I know it might be cold comfort but the street ball mode being mixed-gender is pretty cool for a mainstream sports game

Yeah that's pretty cool I guess. I need to go to more games now that I have an NWSL team playing like ten minutes from my house. The homecoming game for the World Cup players was insane, I've never seen the parking lots completely full before. Game was sold out almost a month ago too.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think I even saw anybody talk about the fire emblem game that got released between fates and three houses. Was it that bad or am I just blind?

It's my favourite FE!!

But yeah it was a very small game made as a side-project in between the huge projects of Fates and 3H. It clearly laid a lot of the groundwork for 3H and has fantastic character writing and presentation, but flawed gameplay.

Rinkles posted:

did the character designer change from the 3ds games?

yes.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

I don't think I even saw anybody talk about the fire emblem game that got released between fates and three houses. Was it that bad or am I just blind?

It's so boring I couldn't finish it

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rinkles posted:

did the character designer change from the 3ds games?

they always get a different designer every few games. my favorite is the one from 8 and 9, but the new one is really good too

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I loved the design of 4 and 5's characters and their massive collars.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Shadows of Valentia also had the best character designs in the series in my opinion.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

DrNutt posted:

Is there a good source of info for the new FIFA yet? I am doing the same since it was just on sale on PSN for like 15 bucks, but the Kim Hunter storyline just makes me desperately wish that the NWSL was included and not just the Women's National Teams. Especially since we're going from a World Cup year to a non-World Cup year.

According to some more hardcore players, the only thing new is the volta\street mode, everything else will be mostly untouched except for however they start the sliders.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gundam Versus Free Play mode is pretty cool! With 90+ Gundams, not including DLC, there is a lot to see and do here. I just wish it had the settings/options of Smash Ultimate, but otherwise this game feels like Smash Ultimate for anime robots.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Regy Rusty posted:

It's so boring I couldn't finish it

It's the most disappointed I've been playing a game on launch day since Other M

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They should really just shutter intsys and let other people make FE bc it seems like they'd be way better if 3H is anything to go by

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

next they should hire systemsoft to make an advance war game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

In Training posted:

They should really just shutter intsys and let other people make FE bc it seems like they'd be way better if 3H is anything to go by

I'm confused, is 3H not made by them?

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm confused, is 3H not made by them?

It was a co-production with Koei Tecmo, who IS apparently really liked working with during Fire Emblem Warriors' development so they brought them in again. From the interviews I've read it seems like Koei had a lot of influence over it including the writing and social systems.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
they should do an FE x VC crossover, just to give Valkyria some fresh blood

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

njsykora posted:

It was a co-production with Koei Tecmo, who IS apparently really liked working with during Fire Emblem Warriors' development so they brought them in again. From the interviews I've read it seems like Koei had a lot of influence over it including the writing and social systems.

That's kind of surprising to hear since Fire Emblem Warriors was insanely mediocre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
New thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3895172