Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Hey, just want to shout out to all my fellow country people, I hope you have a great Canada tomorrow. We got some problems but I love my lovely country, get active in whatever you believe in make it better

:canada:

Spent the day at the beach today going to go to a Canada day festival tomorrow then grill some food for dinner, what is everyone up to

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Nationalism is for idiots and children OP

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I am celebrating canada day in america surrounded by dumb americans and their tacky chinese made american flag poo poo everywhere.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Another Bill posted:

Nationalism is for idiots and children OP

Well first my kids eat that poo poo up. secondly there’s nothing wrong with supporting your community, I’m not going to make this a political thread please just go to YouTube and watch the log driver’s waltz

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

Do it ironically posted:

Well first my kids eat that poo poo up. secondly there’s nothing wrong with supporting your community, I’m not going to make this a political thread please just go to YouTube and watch the log driver’s waltz

Wow you proved both my points gj hoser

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

The correct answer was Canada is a multinational state not a nation

Christoph
Mar 3, 2005

Do it ironically posted:

Supporting nationalism is apolitical while opposing it is political. Got it.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Happy cannabis day!

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Canada is cool, most goons are cool, Happy Canada Day everyone

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Do it ironically posted:

massive self own lmao.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

https://youtu.be/upsZZ2s3xv8

Proud Canadian history

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Canada is fine.

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Happy Canada Day! I assume that you celebrate by rolling poutine down the side of a hill and chase after it

DamnCanadian
Jan 3, 2005

Perpetuating the stereotype since 1978.
I’m a Dual citizen (Canadian/American) living in New Hampshire. I hang a US flag out the front of my house every day, except July 1, when I hang the Canadian flag. Sure enough, everyone in my lovely little town complained.

So I got one twice as large for today. gently caress them.

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

I'm going to celebrate by working and then getting hosed up on cheap beer. I live in a national park so there's no fireworks, just beautiful mountains and trees and poo poo.

Can't wait for August where the forest fire smoke is so thick I can look at the dim orange bulb in the sky in the middle of the day and then cough myself unconscious

Good Ol Filbert
Jun 10, 2019

Poasty posted:

I'm going to celebrate by working and then getting hosed up on cheap beer. I live in a national park so there's no fireworks, just beautiful mountains and trees and poo poo.

Can't wait for August where the forest fire smoke is so thick I can look at the dim orange bulb in the sky in the middle of the day and then cough myself unconscious

That sounds beautiful. Do you have pictures?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
from lumber to dairy, canada is a hilariously selfish protectionist shithole with an inept unlike leader. I do NOT wish you happy canada day.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

DamnCanadian posted:

I’m a Dual citizen (Canadian/American) living in New Hampshire. I hang a US flag out the front of my house every day, except July 1, when I hang the Canadian flag. Sure enough, everyone in my lovely little town complained.

Why do you hang an American flag outside your house at all? Don't tell me you're actually proud to be an American?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm going to eat a salad made entirely with maple leaves with maple syrup dressing to celebrate

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why are you squatting in a national park eh? My taxes are paying for that, please stop.

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit
My gf likes Canada, feels that Vancouver is her home/her people. I don’t know where I’m headed with this so um happy Canada day.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
Canada sucks, gently caress this stupid country

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Canadian wife is home pretty grossly sick today so this morning I hung the Canadian flag over the garage for her and got her to come look.
I got a nice polite thank you before she went and crashed back on the couch.

DamnCanadian posted:

Also yes, this is for sure a real thing that totally happened. People in New Hampshire known to be violently opposed to Canadians flying a Canadian flag once a year. Absolutely. It's definitely real and people lined up to file complaints about this atrocity and 100% happened.

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 1, 2019

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Professor Shark posted:

I'm going to eat a salad made entirely with maple leaves with maple syrup dressing to celebrate

drat I mean northern lights mixed in some kraft dinner might be a little easier on the rear end. :stare:

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Big Beef City posted:

Canadian wife is home pretty grossly sick today so this morning I hung the Canadian flag over the garage for her and got her to come look.
I got a nice polite thank you before she went and crashed back on the couch.

You deserved nothing more than an eye roll, doofus.

cnut
May 3, 2016

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

drat I mean northern lights mixed in some kraft dinner might be a little easier on the rear end. :stare:

*takes notes*

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Anyone else saluting the flag while singing the national hymn about thy gay sons?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

SilvergunSuperman posted:

You deserved nothing more than an eye roll, doofus.

I guess the fawning admiration and respect I so clearly demanded here will have to wait until she's done with the Gatorade.
Back to marching up and down the driveway dressed as a Mountie screaming about 'True Patriot Love'.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You have to do the French lines too eh otherwise it's disrespectful to the perfidious Quebecois.

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
Heh remember that john candy movie where they invade canada and dump garbage (cause canada is so clean heh). Oh man.

:canada: :byobear: :canada:

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hope you enjoy your holiday, guy.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Happy Canada Day, one and all./Bonne fête du Canada.

Going to celebrate with cheap beer, poutine, and bingo tonight.:canada:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF62J3vxPdQ

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I honour Canada Day by marking one of the greatest shutdowns in SA history:

OP posted:

What is everyone doing for Canada Day? Special one this year Canada turns 150 It falls on a Saturday this year, ill share my plans first. Going to take the kids to some official childrens 150 events in the morning then going to have a BBQ later in the day.

Unfortunately fire works got canceled in my city so we will have to come up with some other night time activity

Oh and I'm going to get some local micro brews to sip on while dadding it up on the grill

quote:

Probably draw stuff and hang out with my boyfriend. Looking forward to the end of all the obnoxious Canada 150 stuff.

OP posted:

that's a shame you don't think it's fun because we should celebrate how great our country is

quote:

It's not my country, and there isn't much great about it.

Surprisingly Aggressive Canadian posted:

lol seriously? feel free to leave anytime.

OP posted:

lmao you might be the first person who has been from another country and told me they didn't think canada was a good place to live, can I ask you what country you are from that is a lot better?

quote:

I'm Cree.

OP posted:

I would kindly ask that we don't politicize this thread it's a celebration about Canada's 150th birthday, I would be more than happy to discuss my country's flaws and aggressions in another thread, tia

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
goongrats to another happy year 'up north'. hope you all have a nice hot homemade beaver tail to tuck into with the fam this evening with some maple syrup on snow for dessert

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
Man it was hot out there kids started melting down earlier than expected, back home now, loved the spirit were so many people out and they brought it

Gonna grill some beyond burgs now

Stat safe out there friends

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 2, 2019

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Happy Day, op. Hope ur thread gets to two pages about Canada.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Jeza posted:

I honour Canada Day by marking one of the greatest shutdowns in SA history:

lmao god drat that OP got owned

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Burt Sexual posted:

Happy Day, op. Hope ur thread gets to two pages about Canada.

We have to redo page one en francais

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Docahedron
May 11, 2008

Im a special snowflake
I'm glad for my Canadian brethren. Enjoy