Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hello, Doctor Gonzo here.

For the last two days i was trying to remember how EWR was called. When i finally remembered it i downloaded the game with the latest world scenario, June 2019.
The idea is to book a wrestling promotion and see where the game world take us.

Whats EWR

Extreme Warfare Revenge (EWR) was released on June 15, 2002. Now programmed in Visual Basic, the series now took a Windows style interface. One of the most significant changes this game took to the series was the fact that everything on a wrestling event is under the control of the user. In previous games in the series, angles, finishes and (in EWD) interviews were randomly created. This also coincided with the new feud system that was to count the matches, angles and interview victories between the workers involved. The match reports also took a slight change, featuring reviews of the matches from such Internet columnists as Scott Keith instead of a straight play-by-play style. However, the report style would revert to its old style in TEW 2004.

Another major feature that changed the way the game was played was the way the game world was represented. Unlike the previous games in which it was mostly focused on the major promotions such as the WWF, WCW, and ECW the promotion size feature meant many promotions in North America could now be included from the global sized promotions like WWE to the cult sized promotions like ROH to a mere backyard federation.

For the first time i wont get into too much details about every promotion. Once we select one i will

So: first order of business, what promotion will be booking?

The game has a lot of promotions but in this thread you have to choose between
All Elite Wrestling

CMLL

Impact Wrestling

AAA

NJPW

ROH

WWE

The first promotion who get 10 votes will be our company.

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Jul 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Impact

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
AEW

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

CMLL

American promotions are boring and we need to stoke the blood feud with AAA

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

AAA

we're booking pagano to the top baby

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

aew

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 1, 2019

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

WWE

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Let’s book WWE even worse than they’re doing IRL

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

man you were supposed to pick njpw

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

man you were supposed to pick AEW

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you should edit aew's starting money to 1/20th of the khan net worth, 340 million dollars. and i am changing my vote

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

But change the starting money to $75 and a gift card to Subway

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
voting Impact as it says it is a National fed and it is Canada Day and what better way to support my local Canadian indie, eh

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Also I'm pretty sure Bob Ryder and Dutch Mantel haven't been in impact for literally years

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
VOTES SO FAR

flashy_mcflash posted:

Also I'm pretty sure Bob Ryder and Dutch Mantel haven't been in impact for literally years

i just downloaded the first june `19 ewr mod i found

DoctorGonzo fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 1, 2019

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
Impact

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
NJPW may be a boring choice but this might be our best shot at getting Taichi a WK main event

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Benne posted:

NJPW may be a boring choice but this might be our best shot at getting Taichi a WK main event

NJPW, strap a rocket to the Holy Emperor.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I'll change my vote from CMLL to NJPW so that we can book my dream match of Kraneo vs Beer City Bruiser for the NEVER Openweight Title

Pinche Rudo fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 1, 2019

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In order to advance the game the number of vote has been reduced. The first company with 7 votes will be our starting one.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

I change my vote to impact then

let's get this shitshow on the road - Mattia Binotto, race day

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
voting for AEW so we can strangle them in the crib

Takuan
May 6, 2007

Impact. Because I want to see a game start close to the end of a death-spiral instead of just before the beginning.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

This mod has made me exceptionally mad because it has New Japan's only show as NJ on AXS, no love for World Pro Wrestling.

So because of that slight, do AAA and push Los Psycho Circus to the moon.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I say WWE to see if the game can book better than the current product.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Davros1 posted:

I say WWE to see if the game can book better than the current product.

I think we could.

AEW.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I vote for New Japan. I think they have the most interesting scenario to play with.

1) Their US expansion has been struggling, and now they have the red hot AEW with a lot of stars they helped build to contend with as well as WWE, but WWEs internal rot gives them opportunities to acquire nationally recognized US talent that could be complete game changers in that equation, amd that could lead to a full-fledged War to see if either if these upstarts have what it takes to become the new dominate force in North America, or if WWE can right its ship and beat both challengers back. Plus they have to deal with their dissatisfaction with ROH as a US partner. Can they find some way to help that promotion to improve, or shall they cut bait and seek a new partner for their trans-Pacific invasion on the American market?

2) On the home front they are finding a lot of success in their expansion into local markets in Southeast Asia and Australia, but they have to be mindful of WWEs heavy investment via their NXT program into China and the fact that they continue to strip the Australian Indy scene bare at every opportunity. WWE may have problems, but they still have more money than god, and that can make things very difficult as New Japan attempts to maintain its own momentum and revenue to support its American venture since they are eyeing Asia as a potential goldmine. A wrestlemania in Beijing may be closer than anyone thinks, and that could be a huge threat to New Japan's dominace on the Eastern side of the globe, especially if their efforts to break out in North America encourages WWE to try and actively undermine them.

3) Internally New Japan has a big "problem," in that after investing years and years into the creation of an incredible young Ace to lead the company for the next several decades in Okada, and then using him to have the most lucrative and legendary run in their company's history, they've also managed to book previous Ace Tanahashi back into being the most popular man in all of Japanese wrestling AND to maintain the red-hot popularity of ultimate antihero Naito ABOVE that of Okada even without giving him a run on top for nearly a year AND finally secure the long-term commitment of long-persued golden goose Ibushi. How do you use Tanahashi to your advantage when his body is falling apart but your fans are treating him as if he's returned to his prime and should be the Ace again? How do you manage a next-generation Hashimoto/Mutoh/Chono in Ibushi, Okada and Naito to maximize your company's success? How do you continue to build your top Gaijin star Jay White in this overwhelmingly stacked Main Event scene? What about the rising stars of your upper midcard like Sanada, do you feed them to this crop of megastars or give them a chance to join those ranks? How do you use Jon Moxley when hes the hottest act in wrestling but is also tied to AEW, which you may soon be at war with? How do you use KENTA after the damage WWE did to him? How do you use Kenny Omega, or do you use him at all, and how might that affect Ibushi now that you finally have him long term? Is there any chance Shibata, who has become a near mythical figure after his injury, might return to the ring? Your Jrs division is hotter than ever thanks to Ospreay, ZSJ, Shinto, Dragon Lee and others, how do you capitalize in that? Your tag division is struggling, how do you fix that? The Bullet Club brand is waning, can you inject new life into a giant money maker, or do you abandon it for something new? And perhaps most importantly: your coming up on your first ever two day Wrestlekingdom: how do you book such an experimental show?

Yes, New Japan is the one we should tackle.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
COMPANY VOTES
AEW 4
CMLL 0
IMPACT 4
AAA 2
NJPW 4
ROH 0
WWE 2
TOTAL 16

Sanguinia post made me realize if someone wants to write for the show we can totally work out something.
I made this thread because in the last two years i had only 8 days of vacations and im really burned out right now. So if someone wants to add whatever they want be my guest!

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

A vote for AEW from me!

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
WWE, double down on Baron Corbin

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

AEW

Meadowhill
Jan 5, 2015
Njpw

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Doesn't EWR have the Japan touring system instead of Japanese feds so you can sudden;y find yourself without key members of a roster mid-feud?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i dont know

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Doesn't EWR have the Japan touring system instead of Japanese feds so you can sudden;y find yourself without key members of a roster mid-feud?

only if they are on PPA when the tours are started.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

karmicknight posted:

only if they are on PPA when the tours are started.

Yeah, but I don't think you can control who gets selected. It's mainly a problem for a mid-2000s TNA sized company but often people will not sign written contracts if they're listed for tours. I spent so long trying to get CIMA for the X Division but the guy wouldn't sign.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
From what I remember, there is a period of time, where a company touring is not active and this allows you to offer contracts to talents with Japan dates which takes them off future lists. It sucks until you get to the first rest period.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I don't think I can book. However, I will vote for AEW, to move this thread along.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

DoctorGonzo posted:

\

Sanguinia post made me realize if someone wants to write for the show we can totally work out something.
I made this thread because in the last two years i had only 8 days of vacations and im really burned out right now. So if someone wants to add whatever they want be my guest!

I have some experience writing these out for a previous thread like this. I can't commit to writing the full show, but if you want to toss matches towards me, I'd be happy to help.

Also, AEW.