Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Being stripped of an AAM by the President is way cooler than an AAM could ever be.

Edit: there's no way he has the gumption to follow up on the tweet.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 1, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Senator Doug Jones (D-Won the football game) is circulating a letter to the conference committee members for the 2020 NDAA asking them to retain the language from the House NDAA that repeals the SBP-DIC offset.

I'm being told the letter has been signed by 60 members of the Senate.

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Being stripped of an AAM by the President is way cooler than an AAM could ever be.

Edit: there's no way he has the gumption to follow up on the tweet.

Do you get a second certificate that rescinds the first one? Like repealing a constitutional amendment?

"The President of the United States takes great pleasure in revoking the Navy Achievement Medal previously awarded to LT Whateverthefuck..."

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It’s replaced with a twitter logo ribbon he’s required to wear

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

McNally posted:

Senator Doug Jones (D-Won the football game) is circulating a letter to the conference committee members for the 2020 NDAA asking them to retain the language from the House NDAA that repeals the SBP-DIC offset.

I'm being told the letter has been signed by 60 members of the Senate.

Doug Jones, D-Alabama definitely has a giant penis and can make women orgasm with a simple wink.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Doug Jones, D-Alabama definitely has a giant penis and can make women orgasm with a simple wink.

He's a moderate Democrat, but that's better than Roy Moore (R-Creepy Guy looking at teen girls at local strip mall)

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

Merton Blask
Jun 30, 2008

So it's true! Mysterio is
gay for sex... with me?

I just want to see one of the oak leaf clusters replaced by a tiny red X.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Kristen Gillibrand is really white

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

orange juche posted:

He's a moderate Democrat, but that's better than Roy Moore (R-Creepy Guy looking at teen girls at local strip mall)

I wish he was only looking.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe
She really is. I like her though (not as a nominee, but as a senator in general).

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

orange juche posted:

ty for continuing the gip google results project with me

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

ty for continuing the gip google results project with me

Its especially important to remember Roy Moore (R- Creepy Guy hitting on underaged teens in a strip mall) was also trying to get those teens to strip for him in the back of his windowless van while in his 60s

Stravag fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Aug 1, 2019

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

Stravag posted:

Its especially important to remember Roy Moore (R- Creepy Guy hitting on underaged teens in a strip mall) was also trying to get those teens to step for him in the back of his windowless van while in his 60s

what? Where did that come out?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nystral posted:

loving everywhere when he ran for Senate

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Nystral posted:

He literally was calling up schools to have 15 year old girls he met at the mall talk to him in the middle of class....

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Nystral posted:

lol it was a national scandal

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Stravag posted:

Its especially important to remember Roy Moore (R- Creepy Guy hitting on underaged teens in a strip mall) was also trying to get those teens to step for him in the back of his windowless van while in his 60s

Never forget, the GOP supports child fuckers

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

The GOP also fought tooth and nail to place a serial rapist on the highest court in the land.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

EBB posted:

The GOP also fought tooth and nail to place a serial rapist on the highest court in the land.

Trump isn't on a court. :confused:

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
^^^ :kav:

RFC2324 posted:

Never forget, the GOP supports child fuckers

Multiple child fuckers. They're like the goddamn British lords and celebrities like that.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Chichevache posted:

Trump isn't on a court. :confused:

No, not that one, the other one.... the other, other one.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

I stand corrected. Maybe I’m misremembered, is USMC stricter?

Yeah USMC is stricter with low level awards but our promotion system doesn't give points for awards like other services do which is the real reason why they hand them out so much.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
how'd the Republican debate go?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Proud Christian Mom posted:

how'd the Republican debate go?

sundowning racist kid-sniffing septuagenarian doddered around on stage for 3 hours getting wrecked by everyone else but probably isn't moving much in the polls because other sundowning racist kid-sniffing septuagenarians think he's the most electable and the only one who can beat trump

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Yeah USMC is stricter with low level awards but our promotion system doesn't give points for awards like other services do which is the real reason why they hand them out so much.

I tried to get a Lance corporal a JSAM for some really high speed work they did for me and my unit during a deployment spin up.

I’ll just cut the story short with: He ended up getting a letter of commendation or whatever the gently caress those certificates are called and I learned that USMC senior enlisted are the most loving idiotic group of crayon chewers ever.

Meanwhile, I got a JCOM for my part and all my guys that weren’t that poor young Marine got JSAM’s and 3 day passes. I always liked getting my guys awards and decorations when they earned them.

Arc Light
Sep 26, 2013

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

I tried to get a Lance corporal a JSAM for some really high speed work they did for me and my unit during a deployment spin up.

I’ll just cut the story short with: He ended up getting a letter of commendation or whatever the gently caress those certificates are called and I learned that USMC senior enlisted are the most loving idiotic group of crayon chewers ever.

Meanwhile, I got a JCOM for my part and all my guys that weren’t that poor young Marine got JSAM’s and 3 day passes. I always liked getting my guys awards and decorations when they earned them.

How does the Marine's chain of command tie into a decoration like that? Was it a joint unit that had a Marine as the commanding officer?

I've received a couple of joint decs over the years, and they were always handled by the awarding unit's J1. In one case, my squadron didn't know I'd gotten the award until it was mailed to the CSS.

I'm just surprised his lovely leaders even had the opportunity to jump in and stop him from getting the dec.

E: and then I had to prove it was actually for me, because they spelled my name wrong on one dec and got my rank wrong on the other one.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
My Arcom from Iraq was for being a vehicle mechanic. I was not a vehicle mechanic, lol

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I got a COA for my iraq deployment. HQ units suck loving rear end. God loving forbid you have a job outside of sniffing rear end at battalion all day, because you'll be forgotten about if your nose isn't planted firmly in someones' sphincter.

Also the CSM used to routinely give me poo poo for my mustache being out of regs. Every motherfucking week he'd roll around to watch his driver PMCS their truck and see me out of the corner of his eye, use his laser like eyesight to focus on the corners of my lips, then proceed to time and a half his rear end over to me, covered in grease or oil from whatever I was working on, and proceed to bitch his weekly diatribe at me about facial hair regulations. It got to the point that I'd get under a truck when he was around and start loving with random poo poo just so I wouldn't have to crawl out. Sorry sgt major but this trans cooler line isn't going to unfuck itself if I let go and it bleeds out. It got to the point that I think he may have admired my casual attitude to hierarchical bullshit, he dealt with a lot dumber people than me on deployment, most with competency issues.

Going home was award enough. Getting out was more rewarding than anything else. Getting the gently caress out of big army structure is like galaxy brain award for beating the army.

It's gotta be policy to gently caress up names on awards too. Never got an award that was completely correct, even though I knew S1 personally.

I know this isn't news, but it's the end of the month. Someone start a new thread.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Aug 1, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I got a NAM for stringing together a bunch of abandoned RJ45 into a network for a project that was ultimately abandoned due to reasons not related to my totally tubular work. Apparently I saved a bunch of money for them not having to hire contractors or buy equipment. Go Navy.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

sundowning racist kid-sniffing septuagenarian doddered around on stage for 3 hours getting wrecked by everyone else but probably isn't moving much in the polls because other sundowning racist kid-sniffing septuagenarians think he's the most electable and the only one who can beat trump

There's a republican debate? What?

Or are we talking about Zirconium Joe

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

LingcodKilla posted:

I got a NAM for stringing together a bunch of abandoned RJ45 into a network for a project that was ultimately abandoned due to reasons not related to my totally tubular work. Apparently I saved a bunch of money for them not having to hire contractors or buy equipment. Go Navy.

Keeping more private contractors from being hired deserves some sort of commendation IMHO.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Keeping more private contractors from being hired deserves some sort of commendation IMHO.

The best part is it would have been the company I worked for in my civilian job.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

this one time, in basic,

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

the point is NAMs are dumb and him trying to get one removed is even dumber

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.