Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:
Requesting an LP of Achron, or at least a link to a good offsite LP of it. I've always liked the game's central conceit involving time travel, but I remember that the core RTS gameplay was incredibly brutal/unfun, at least for my level of micro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
You know, one LP in the archives that, to my knowledge, completely failed to survive the transition from Google Video to Youtube, was GenpeiTurtle's subtitled LP of Maken Shao. I got to watch it once, but once Google bought Youtube and didn't do anything to preserve their own videos, I haven't gotten to watch it since. It'd probably be a fair bit of work to do, but it would be really cool if someone could LP that weird little gem again sometime.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP, so I'd like to request it, and the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions.

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Kheldarn posted:

Tales Of Destiny has yet to have a completed LP, so I'd like to request it, and the mobile game Final Fantasy Dimensions.

The weirdest thing is, I clearly remember reading a Destiny LP on the archive a decade ago, but it's obviously gone now. Its not even on the masterlist like other expunged LPs by permabanned people though.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

MythosDragon posted:

The weirdest thing is, I clearly remember reading a Destiny LP on the archive a decade ago, but it's obviously gone now. Its not even on the masterlist like other expunged LPs by permabanned people though.

Oh, that is weird! I wonder what happened?

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

MythosDragon posted:

This one?

https://lparchive.org/Destiny/

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

OP's talking about Tales of Destiny, not Destiny the shootmans game.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Yeah, Tales of Destiny is a crossover between the Tales and Destiny franchises.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.

Commander Keene posted:

OP's talking about Tales of Destiny, not Destiny the shootmans game.

Whoops. My bad.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Requesting an LP of the Destiny shootmans game

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I also remember the old Tales of Destiny LP, but I think it was by... that guy. So, uh, yeah.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

The same "that guy" as I found out about when I tried doing a Wild Arms LP?

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

There’s only three apparent Tales of Destiny threads but none of them were complete, two are the ones on the master list (one OP is banned which may be what Picayune is referring to) and the third (http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751526) ironically titled ‘Third time’s the charm’ is the shortest and was never added. Can’t imagine any of them would have made it to the archive.

At a (small) stretch there is a Tales of Destiny 2 archived LP, though it’s correctly filed as Eternia.

Commander Keene posted:

The same "that guy" as I found out about when I tried doing a Wild Arms LP?

That’ll be Azure Horizon, don’t underestimate how many That Guys there have been when you’ve got 17 years of history.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

I'm slowly working my way through SSLP's, they've become my bedtime reading material.

I recently finished the Betrayal series by PurpleXVI and they were very enjoyable. Krondor was an RPG that a game I always enjoyed but always faltered at so it was interesting to see it played out as well as see the whole game played through with a fine-toothed comb.

Antara on the other hand was another kettle of fish, a not-sequel that was developed and released in 1997 for Windows 3.1.... for some reason. It was very interesting to see this all play out after its development following Betrayal.

Both LPs are interesting enough for their content, but the added humour and the attention to detail with handling the games add even more to them.

Betrayal At Krondror
Betrayal in Antara

I've moved on to the Quest For Glory by Bobbin Threadbare. I'm halfway through the second game and it's been good reading so far. It's a series that I missed when I was in my youth and has been sat untouched in my library for a number of years. I'm not sure that I'd have the patience for them now but like the Betrayal series, they've been interesting to read from this perspective.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I recently finished the Betrayal series by PurpleXVI and they were very enjoyable. Krondor was an RPG that a game I always enjoyed but always faltered at so it was interesting to see it played out as well as see the whole game played through with a fine-toothed comb.

Thank you! Positive feedback is what keeps me going. It's always appreciated!

MythosDragon
Jan 3, 2016

Any news on Crosspiece doing another Pokemon LP at some point?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Does anyone know of a good LP for Marvel's Midnight Suns?

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.

Sjonkel posted:

Does anyone know of a good LP for Marvel's Midnight Suns?

This one just started, and is shaping up to be a fun read.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4050632

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://store.steampowered.com/app/2863840/YIIK_Nameless_Psychosis/

Requesting an LP of this

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

I'm slowly working my way through SSLP's, they've become my bedtime reading material.

Antara on the other hand was another kettle of fish, a not-sequel that was developed and released in 1997 for Windows 3.1.... for some reason. It was very interesting to see this all play out after its development following Betrayal.

Both LPs are interesting enough for their content, but the added humour and the attention to detail with handling the games add even more to them.

Betrayal At Krondror
Betrayal in Antara

I've moved on to the Quest For Glory by Bobbin Threadbare. I'm halfway through the second game and it's been good reading so far. It's a series that I missed when I was in my youth and has been sat untouched in my library for a number of years. I'm not sure that I'd have the patience for them now but like the Betrayal series, they've been interesting to read from this perspective.

Yeah, you can't really go wrong with Bobbin Threadbare's stuff. Heck, he's the reason I got an account here in the first place.

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Is it really ok to solicit self harm like this???

I mean, I'd bookmark the thread in heartbeat, of course, but I'd feel a little guilty.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

Artix posted:

UNFULFILLED REQUESTS:
  • Elden Ring - Vanilla playthrough - 10/23
  • Fire Emblem: Thracia 776 - Lil Manster translation patch - 10/23
  • Phantom Doctrine - 10/23

I would be interested in doing these. I'd probably start with Phantom Doctrine since I've not played it before, whereas the other two I know well.

Just need to figure out if my HD60S is actually going to work with my Mac or whether I need to dust off my old gaming PC.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Wow, has nobody EVER done a Ghosts of Tsushima LP? That's wild to me. Too bad I'm all caught up with this FF14 thing, I'd totally do that.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Requesting an LP of the recently-released demo of the Dark Souls 3 mod Archthrones. It's one of the most extensive Dark Souls mods yet, implementing the progression structure of Demon's Souls and quite a few Dark Souls 2 areas in the Dark Souls 3 engine along with a rather impressive amount of custom bosses and such. The demo is already quite substantial, and I think this mod deserves more exposure :)

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Mar 25, 2024

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Sanguinia posted:

Wow, has nobody EVER done a Ghosts of Tsushima LP? That's wild to me. Too bad I'm all caught up with this FF14 thing, I'd totally do that.
I've considered it a couple of times but decided against it for a variety of reasons. The main reason is that Ghost of Tsushima (not Ghosts, there's only one :ghost:) is very much a Modern Open World GameTM with all that entails, so it's entirely too long for its own good and boasts a lot of open world busywork that isn't very interesting to play and would require a ton of editing to be vaguely watchable (he says as he's - technically - working on an LP of The Witcher 3... the next update will be posted soon, I swear).

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

Capfalcon posted:

Is it really ok to solicit self harm like this???

I mean, I'd bookmark the thread in heartbeat, of course, but I'd feel a little guilty.

It's just a demo to generate hype. The full release isn't till some nebulous timeframe of Spring.

I'll probably play it for the sake of the full LP I'm planning.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Combat Lobster posted:

It's just a demo to generate hype. The full release isn't till some nebulous timeframe of Spring.

I'll probably play it for the sake of the full LP I'm planning.

:sickos:

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Carpator Diei posted:

Requesting an LP of the recently-released demo of the Dark Souls 3 mod Archthrones. It's one of the most extensive Dark Souls mods yet, implementing the progression structure of Demon's Souls and quite a few Dark Souls 2 areas in the Dark Souls 3 engine along with a rather impressive amount of custom bosses and such. The demo is already quite substantial, and I think this mod deserves more exposure :)

All the big Souls mods would be pretty interesting.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Would love to see someone do a VLP of Pacific Drive, a relaxing game about driving around the Olympic Peninsula in Washington State. Ignore the screaming coming from your geiger counter; everything is fine! There’s nothing to worry about!

HereticMIND fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Apr 3, 2024

midnight77
Mar 22, 2024
There's a game called Subterrain which has just gotten a sequel, Subterrain: Mines of Titan. I'd like someone to play through the first one as a screenshot LP, as I've never been able to finish it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gilgamesh255
Aug 15, 2015
I'd like someone to do a screenshot LP of For A Vast Future. Apparently, it's fairly short, being around 8 hours long, and it's available for PC and the Switch.

Basically, it's an RPG with Gameboy aesthetics, set in the aftermath of a wartorn land. I found it fun enough myself, and would like to see what others would think of it and if there's anything I missed in my playthrough.