Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Move the banner from the top of the page to just below the Updates/Videos/whatever tab? And/or include it on the individual update pages rather than just once at the top of the LP homepage?

e: oh cool a thread snipe, here's a recommendation:
Let's Play Advance Wars: A Blind Run By The World's Worst Tactician (SSLP) by cosmicPostman has excellent storytelling far above & beyond the game's attempt at a narrative. I care more about the alphabetical-orderly-named characters in the LP than I did about anybody in the actual game.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 5, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Make the banner a different color from the background. That's why people miss it.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

ultrafilter posted:

Make the banner a different color from the background. That's why people miss it.
Yeah, I've suggested making it blue or green in the past.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I'm looking for a good LP of Deadly Creatures, the Wii game where you play as a scorpion and a tarantula. Does anyone know of any? I didn't see one in the archives, and I've been incredibly curious about that game for years now.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game
What's a good Dead Rising 4 LP?

Leavemywife posted:

I'm looking for a good LP of Deadly Creatures, the Wii game where you play as a scorpion and a tarantula. Does anyone know of any? I didn't see one in the archives, and I've been incredibly curious about that game for years now.
Fiendly did a let's play of it here on SA.
Link

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Crumps Brother posted:

What's a good Dead Rising 4 LP?
Fiendly did a let's play of it here on SA.
Link

Oh, poo poo, it's even by Fiendly! Hell yeah, this is gonna be good! Thank you!

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Did he actually finish the LP? I thought it got stuck for whatever reason.

Crumps Brother
Sep 5, 2007

-G-
Get Equipped with
Ground Game

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Did he actually finish the LP? I thought it got stuck for whatever reason.
Well, I hosed up. I was going to check the last video and see, but all the links are dead. So I guess my suggestion was kind of crap.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Oh, poo.

Gniwu
Dec 18, 2002

Even after reading the rules I'm not 100 percent certain if my post falls within the thread parameters, so feel free to remove it if it does not:

I'd like to give a shout-out to the guys over at Trouble Planet, who all have accounts on Something Awful and used to have long-running threads here that covered their activities.

Each session, they play arcade games that hardly anyone has ever heard of (it helps that between the three of them, they speak Japanese and Korean), and their chemistry is just excellent. I'm particularly fond of any video of theirs where they play competitive puzzle games against each other, such as their recent attempt at Zodiac Story.

They're not playthroughs of a single, longer game though, which is why I was unsure if the shoe fits.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Really interested in a Rent-A-Hero No. 1 LP of the leaked NA Xbox version.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

So uh I swear I saw them at some point but they aren't on the archive, so does anyone have links to LPs for Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3, 4 and 5?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

A Sometimes Food posted:

So uh I swear I saw them at some point but they aren't on the archive, so does anyone have links to LPs for Heroes of Might and Magic 2, 3, 4 and 5?

This games are cursed, all the LPs of Heroes 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned (no one seems to bother with 4). The links to the threads are in the Master List.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Angry Lobster posted:

This games are cursed, all the LPs of Heroes 2, 3 and 5 were abandoned (no one seems to bother with 4). The links to the threads are in the Master List.

drat always forget the master list. Thanks though, that's a shame.

OutofSight
May 4, 2017
Is there a good (subtitled) lets play for Alien Isolation?

I could have sworn some goon did something like that, but there is nothing in the archive...

VV That was exactly the one i was thinking of. Thank you.

OutofSight fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Aug 13, 2019

Storm One
Jan 12, 2011
I Admire Its Purity - Let's Play Alien: Isolation

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I've watched that LP several times. I don't have the nerves to play the game myself, but that LP is awesome to watch.

OddHaberdasher
Jan 21, 2016
I would like to request a Let's Play of Heaven Will Be Mine.

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
Requesting an LP of Digimon World: Next Order. video or sslp is fine.

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009
I really want to see an LP of Warzone 2100.

It's a pretty fun (and free since it's abandonware) RTS game where you can build your own customizable vehicles to find technology after the world ended due to some kind of technical malfunction caused the giant nuclear satellites in orbit to launch at every major city.

Since all the vehicles are customizable you can name the variants you make as well so the thread can help on fun/silly names.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Koorisch posted:

It's a pretty fun (and free since it's abandonware) RTS game where you can build your own customizable vehicles to find technology after the world ended due to some kind of technical malfunction caused the giant nuclear satellites in orbit to launch at every major city.

Since all the vehicles are customizable you can name the variants you make as well so the thread can help on fun/silly names.

Do I also remember right that your base persists between missions (aside from side assault missions where you send an expeditionary force far away)? I thought I noticed something like that which I really liked, but maybe I just imagined it or got confused with another game.

Either way, I'd also love to see this one.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Koorisch posted:

It's been released as open source by the original developers, in case anyone's worried about the legal irrelevance of "abandonware".

Koorisch
Mar 29, 2009

Absurd Alhazred posted:

It's been released as open source by the original developers, in case anyone's worried about the legal irrelevance of "abandonware".

Yeah I should probably have phrased that a bit better, sorry.

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Do I also remember right that your base persists between missions (aside from side assault missions where you send an expeditionary force far away)? I thought I noticed something like that which I really liked, but maybe I just imagined it or got confused with another game.

All your buildings persist, which means that you can actually make a defensive line worth a drat which is nice.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I'm going to take my name off of We Happy Few. It's notorious for being badly optimised and after a couple of days of trying, I'm not able to produce anything of workable quality.

Picayune
Feb 26, 2007

cannot be unseen
Taco Defender
I'd really like to see an SSLP of the old PS1 title Brigandine. It's a turn-based strategy game in which several fantasy nations go to war and try to conquer each other using forces of their native flappy monsters; you can pick a ruler to play, which decides your strengths and the kinds of monsters you can use.

The battles flip between sprites and hilarious PS1 polygons. I mostly remember sternly flapping purple wyverns and some absolutely murder-crazy jester king who fought with scythes and wanted to conquer the world because whee fun! Also I think one of the bad guys was named Zemeckis and I will never be able to take him seriously because of it.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

I'd really like to see a VLP for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at some point. I'm really interested, but I'm taking a huge break from Souls-like games these days.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

From what I understand, ThornBrain has an LP in the works.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

So does (or did) CJacobs I'm pretty sure. He streamed his first playthrough of it too if you want a blind run.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010
Maybe someone here might know, but I'm trying to remember if there was an LP of a rather obscure game. The set-up was that you were guiding someone through an abandoned lab or something, watching through the security camera system. However, it wasn't Lifeline, the game that used voice controls, because it wasn't set in space. At least, I don't think it was.
I could have sworn someone LPed this game years ago, I just can't remember who, or what the game was called!

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
The Experiment/Experience112?

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

90s Cringe Rock posted:

The Experiment/Experience112?

That's the one! But looking at the master list, I guess I was wrong about there being an LP of it. I was sure I remember watching it way back on Grimfiend

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Breadmaster posted:

That's the one! But looking at the master list, I guess I was wrong about there being an LP of it. I was sure I remember watching it way back on Grimfiend

There was a LP for Republique, which is a similar game.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Does anyone have an in depth LP of Dishonored/Dishonored 2?

pofcorn
May 30, 2011
Scribe is excellent and has done all the Soulsborne games as well as Nioh and Sekiro.

azren posted:

I'd really like to see a VLP for Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice at some point. I'm really interested, but I'm taking a huge break from Souls-like games these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=plur8qDHb3A

FluxFaun posted:

Does anyone have an in depth LP of Dishonored/Dishonored 2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYT2RGhS-V0

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Coolguy and LastRoboky (and friends) did high chaos/low chaos runs of both games. I consider them to be pretty in depth. Here

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Can anyone recommend playthroughs of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series? Voiced or subtitled is fine as long as its taken reasonably seriously.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Can anyone recommend playthroughs of the Fatal Frame/Project Zero series? Voiced or subtitled is fine as long as its taken reasonably seriously.

Niggurath did a great LP series of Fatal Frame 1-3, I've linked to the first one and the other two are on the archive. Egomaniac, who is also great at LPs, did one of the second game.

azren
Feb 14, 2011

StrixNebulosa posted:

Niggurath did a great LP series of Fatal Frame 1-3, I've linked to the first one and the other two are on the archive. Egomaniac, who is also great at LPs, did one of the second game.

Niggurath also has his LP of 4 on his YouTube channel, but it's not on the archive.

azren fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Aug 24, 2019

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth
I'd like to request an LP of Iron Storm. I happen to have a steam copy to give to whatever person decides to LP this niche FPS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Are there any good voiced video LPs of Bioshock 2? I don't care about facecams as long as there's no screaming; I just want something to listen to in the background while I do other poo poo.