Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Not necessarily a request, but has anyone done or plan to do an LP of World of Horror? I came across knowledge of it while browsing TV Tropes and it sounds interesting as hell, but not the sort of game I'd personally play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

supergreatfriend did a bumble-through, if that'll sate your appetite. With Halloween around the corner, though, I wouldn't say no to a fresh playthrough.

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Might check that out, although someone who knows the game in and out would be the ideal person for this one, given the nature of the game.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!
I like blind playthroughs sometimes, but it really takes the right person for it. There's "it's fun to watch this person get surprised by this cool-rear end event for the first time" and then there's "oh boy, time to watch two hours of this guy failing to spot a button right in front of him or searching the same corridor for the eleventh time."

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
That's why the ideal dynamic is one blind player and a co-commentator with both the knowledge to keep the LP on track and the restraint to let them explore.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I want to see a blind/informed partner LP of Tunic where the informed partner just point blank refuses to answer anything because it would spoil the experience. I am 70% serious about this request.

(I am 100% serious about wanting someone to come up with a way to make a forums LP of Tunic work, but that person isn't going to be me)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Genuine question: if the informed partner never answers anything, why are they even there at all?

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep
Potential comedy?

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

PurpleXVI posted:

I like blind playthroughs sometimes, but it really takes the right person for it. There's "it's fun to watch this person get surprised by this cool-rear end event for the first time" and then there's "oh boy, time to watch two hours of this guy failing to spot a button right in front of him or searching the same corridor for the eleventh time."

Why you gotta call me out like this

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Artix posted:

Genuine question: if the informed partner never answers anything, why are they even there at all?

I mean, it is (partially) a joke, but okay. They're there to lend an informed perspective, partake in discussions/banter/vibes, and decide, with great caution, when actually to intervene when the needs of the Content start to strain against the Intended Game Experience, which is getting stuck for ages on some of the late puzzles and awaiting an epiphany, in the grand tradition. It's just, for the most part, Tunic hinges on being opaque and mysterious and you usually don't ever want to be providing too much help to people, so a lot of the time the direct questions about what to do, where to go, how do things work, will I be able to X, should not be answered.

It could also be done by two blind players who are good at talking through their thought processes, confident in their capacity for puzzling, and possibly willing to cut some footage.

Explopyro
Mar 18, 2018

The less charitable way to say this is that Tunic's entire raison d'etre is obscurantist bullshit and giving too much help to the LPer would undermine the entire experience. I have genuinely found myself describing Tunic as "a game targeted at the sort of person who sees a haystack and immediately starts hunting needles".

(I'm not trying to start fights here or anything, but Tunic did not work for me and I did not like it.)

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Oh I've played Tunic, I understand, I just had to ask when the request was "bring in someone who knows the game and then have them never answer anything ever".

Sword_of_Dusk
Sep 30, 2018

Legendary Luminary
Tunic does not sound fun to me. It's not that I need strict guidance, but I don't want things too obscure.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Tunic is not that hard to figure out, honestly

Rabbi Raccoon
Mar 31, 2009

I stabbed you dude!
I think an LP of Triangle Strategy would be neat. It's a great game for discussion and I'd love to see some other people's strategies because I was definitely less than great with mine

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
So I know there's a now 10 year old (god I feel old) LP that Suspicious did of the first game, but is there any good LP of the original PSX Tomb Raider games? I missed out on them as a kid, and sadly now there's no real easy way to play them - to my surprise they are not, not even the first reboot - available on PSN.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I'd like to request screenshot LPs, I just can't tolerate most video ones.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Artix posted:

I liked the dynamic in Geop's classic Dark Souls LP where Vicas sometimes answered, sometimes didn't, and sometimes was just misleading. Like some horrible trickster god perched on Geop's shoulder.

Omniphile
Apr 5, 2010

Love? Justice? Pah! I'll crush them all!
There have been so many good FE hacks released since the last megathread, maybe we need a new one?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I liked the dynamic in Geop's classic Dark Souls LP where Vicas sometimes answered, sometimes didn't, and sometimes was just misleading. Like some horrible trickster god perched on Geop's shoulder.

Oh I agree, I love that dynamic, but that's not what Fedule asked for. :v: I also don't know if that would be appropriate for a game like Tunic, but it would certainly be an interesting experiment.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

The co-commentator should sometimes just answer in a language the player doesn't speak at all.

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10

Carbon dioxide posted:

The co-commentator should sometimes just answer in a language the player doesn't speak at all.

Yes, this. Preferably with (optional?) subtitles for the audience.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

So I know there's a now 10 year old (god I feel old) LP that Suspicious did of the first game, but is there any good LP of the original PSX Tomb Raider games? I missed out on them as a kid, and sadly now there's no real easy way to play them - to my surprise they are not, not even the first reboot - available on PSN.

The PC versions are pretty much the same (just save system differences), you can get them on Steam.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

whitehelm posted:

The PC versions are pretty much the same (just save system differences), you can get them on Steam.

Oh, hah, I had no idea they even had! Cheers, thanks.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

since it's spooky season can anyone recommend some good horror LPs that aren't your standard resident evils, silent hills, etc

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I recall a megathread of spooky games from several years ago.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
maybe we should do another spooky game megathread

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

Badger of Basra posted:

since it's spooky season can anyone recommend some good horror LPs that aren't your standard resident evils, silent hills, etc

Do you mean horror that isn't survival horror, or just things that are a little more obscure?

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Badger of Basra posted:

You can't get much spookier than Illbleed.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Badger of Basra posted:

https://lparchive.org/Martian-Gothic-Unification/

The bugs and bad design choices are almost as scary as the setting and enemies.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

BisbyWorl posted:

You need to watch this because you'll never encounter anything quite like it.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Badger of Basra posted:

I can't find it on the archive, but I think they finished the main game in Little Nightmares, and the LP style is good for a spooky game.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Badger of Basra posted:

https://lparchive.org/Amnesia-The-Dark-Descent

Still the best horror game out there.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

BisbyWorl posted:

Its a yearly tradition for me to watch this entire LP from start to finish, every October.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Jamesman posted:

Do you mean horror that isn't survival horror, or just things that are a little more obscure?

the latter

thank you for the recommendations so far!

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Can someone recommend an LP of the (original) Resident Evil remake?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I think the Steamworld games would be good fodder for Lets plays, maybe playing them in order of release.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

This might get a bit lost, what with everyone suggesting ~super spoopy games~ for the end of October, but I’d like to suggest that someone please do a VLP of Horizon: Forbidden West. It’s an absolutely beautiful game that builds off of Zero Dawn in every way possible in terms of story, game mechanics, music, level design…it’s just a good game. It’s also the closest thing we’ll ever have to a full on Xena: Warrior Princess or Red Sonja game that DOESN’T make its protagonist a sex icon in a misogynistic manner, but that’s beside the point.

I’m not sure if someone has already done it, though, so that’s why I’m suggesting. If someone did, please, point me to it?

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
I would like to see a golf speedrun/let's play where the player never corrects for the wind (they just use the automatic aim towards the hole feature every time), just to see if they can still make par.

Probably not Mario Golf, as while that series looks nice, the wind effects tend to be low velocity on the various courses. Not a lot of possibility for comedic chaos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Left 4 Bread
Oct 4, 2021

i sleep

Mister Facetious posted:

I would like to see a golf speedrun/let's play where the player never corrects for the wind (they just use the automatic aim towards the hole feature every time), just to see if they can still make par.

Probably not Mario Golf, as while that series looks nice, the wind effects tend to be low velocity on the various courses. Not a lot of possibility for comedic chaos.

Now, does this allow you slicing for correction or is this absolutely no correction?

I could be convinced to do this. I really shouldn't, but I could. I'm not even good at golf games, but I've got a good few.