Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

MourningView posted:

No one that tall should be able to move like Hayes does, it's really freaky how smooth he looks

It's a bit cliche but you can practically see the NFL TE in his lineage. He will be fun as hell to watch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
lmao

https://twitter.com/MikeSGallagher/status/1148420542392745984

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

It's a bit cliche but you can practically see the NFL TE in his lineage. He will be fun as hell to watch.

Got the hands from his dad too. The former football player thing is usually overrated with basketball players but with Hayes he actually does kind of play like a WR who suddenly grew a foot.

Lol did he block it with his dang elbow?

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Which part of his body did he use to block the ball?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

MourningView posted:

Got the hands from his dad too. The former football player thing is usually overrated with basketball players but with Hayes he actually does kind of play like a WR who suddenly grew a foot.

Lol did he block it with his dang elbow?

Or possibly even between his elbow and shoulder. Again...

lmao

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Nope, I'm wrong. It was the elbow:

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1148420459307962369

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I feel like the last few summer leagues have really spoiled me, these games have all been chores.

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
Dawkins helps a lot

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

MourningView posted:

Is Goga out for the whole summer league or just joining late?

His Visa is hosed. They said hopefully he'll be able to come over in a few days, but doubt he plays any.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Wow Smailagic punked that dude, somehow he knew from afar I was writing a post making fun of the Warriors trading for him since he's been awful for most of the night.

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

Squinky v2.0 posted:

Hope he cracks the NBA at some point, if he ends up in Maine I will make a trip to watch for sure.

I also will definitely attend a red claws game if he plays for them

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Put bazley in PLEASE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Bazley is definitely a passive doesn't need the ball type

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Pacers injury report:

Bitadze: Out (not with team, visa approval)

:smith:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
It's good that announcer just keep repeating the same thing over and over again about what okc is going to do instead of like talk about the game that is happening

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
OH gently caress BAZLEY BLOCK

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Metapod posted:

Bazley is definitely a passive doesn't need the ball type

Working out with professional trainers for a whole year seems to be pretty good for your game. I picked him in the GM game because I thought he had the outline of a useful nba guy even if he didn't have any elite skills. I'm glad he's playing well. I havent been able to watch today because I'm using a lovely half broken thinkpad

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Dejan Bimble posted:

Working out with professional trainers for a whole year seems to be pretty good for your game. I picked him in the GM game because I thought he had the outline of a useful nba guy even if he didn't have any elite skills. I'm glad he's playing well. I havent been able to watch today because I'm using a lovely half broken thinkpad

This was my favorite play. He gets beat on the first step (looks like he was surprised the dude drove then) then recovers for a sick block

https://twitter.com/Ben_Pfeifer_/status/1148703550723117057

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Simons went 5/5 from 3 and then directv now took a dump. I assume he’s still making them.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

zelah posted:

Simons went 5/5 from 3 and then directv now took a dump. I assume he’s still making them.

Anfernee is legit

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
I really like watching Carsen Edwards

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
drat the Knicks sore as gently caress after a third loss in a row and all leave the floor without the customary handshakes at the end except one of them.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
That's hilarious. Vegas had them as the faves since they were basically trotting out their real team minus Randle.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
i don't want to overreact to summer league but zhaire smith is a superstar and i want to hug and kiss him

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Boosh! posted:

That's hilarious. Vegas had them as the faves since they were basically trotting out their real team minus Randle.

For whatever reason when teams do this it undoes the effect of having 2 NBA dudes on your team to your win chances.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Boosh! posted:

showing how few people watched their real team.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
There is absolutely no loving reason for Jarrett Allen to be playing in another summer league game but it's really funny

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Cool Buff Man posted:

I really like watching Carsen Edwards

I’m sorry IT was taken from you at such a young age

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

DeimosRising posted:

I’m sorry IT was taken from you at such a young age

Celtics tripled down on tiny PGs this year so with any luck we'll be back to those halcyon days

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

hell yeah jordan murphy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Read it on Twitter, but I think I agree with NAW being a "less athletic Jrue".

Granted, athleticism matters a whole bunch, but he should have enough burst to be a good bench player.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

lol this wolves heat game is sick

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Jaxson Hayes just hit an in-rhythm three. lmao

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Kibner posted:

Jaxson Hayes just hit an in-rhythm three. lmao

hes gonna be a stud

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Frank Vogel does not inspire confidence.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

Frank Vogel does not inspire confidence.

It almost feels like an inevitability that Jason Kidd will take over at some point

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
This Lakers summer league squad is soooo tiny.

Cool Buff Man posted:

It almost feels like an inevitability that Jason Kidd will take over at some point

The rumor is he is someone’s first and only choice in the brain trust but the domestic violence and duis are why he is an assistant instead.

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Rick posted:

This Lakers summer league squad is soooo tiny.

The rumor is he is someone’s first and only choice in the brain trust but the domestic violence and duis are why he is an assistant instead.

I was about to type "Thank god for his dui and domestic violence arrests" before I realized what I was about to say. It's been a long day

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
Y'all are missing Rick Carlisle go full Jim Carey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
drat dude just ripped the sweatband off of Robinson and threw it at him, lol what a baby.