Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Considering how poo poo white people are at guessing the ages of black people Melthir probably would shoot an 8-year-old and claim they looked 25

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

It cuts both ways, when I worked at the gas station I once carded a 65 year old for a pack of cigs fully expecting to deny the sale

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

lol you even said a taser was an option but apparently only if the person is standing out in the middle of a field

In which case why would you need to tase them instead of just talking them down or letting them wear themselves out

You just really crave escalating to higher and higher levels of force huh

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

boop the snoot posted:

lmfao gently caress you you piece of poo poo

A 16 year old gets shot and you think cops should show restraint if they “look 15ish”

gently caress you

I’m not a mod but I’d ban you for that egregious moving of the goalposts. Jesus Christ you’re a horrible person.

Pot calls the kettle black.

I'm not moving goalpost dude. Im trying however poorly to communicate that I don't believe that humans go from child to adults in just two stages and that I believe around the age of 15 I had enough of an understanding of cause and effect I'd fully expect the cops showing up to put lead in me if they saw me running towards someone else trying to stab them with a knife.

There is reasonable age at which you should understand that stabbing is bad.

If you look like you could possibly obtain a driver's license and operate a vehicle your responsible for your own poo poo decisions when it comes towards bodily harm towards another individual.

Is this a poo poo world, yeah ill freely admit it. But honestly comparing the response that I usually expect from police I'll take them showing up seeing someone's life threatened with lethal force and protecting the person in harms way.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Melthir posted:

Pot calls the kettle black.

I'm not moving goalpost dude. Im trying however poorly to communicate that I don't believe that humans go from child to adults in just two stages and that I believe around the age of 15 I had enough of an understanding of cause and effect I'd fully expect the cops showing up to put lead in me if they saw me running towards someone else trying to stab them with a knife.

There is reasonable age at which you should understand that stabbing is bad.

If you look like you could possibly obtain a driver's license and operate a vehicle your responsible for your own poo poo decisions when it comes towards bodily harm towards another individual.

Is this a poo poo world, yeah ill freely admit it. But honestly comparing the response that I usually expect from police I'll take them showing up seeing someone's life threatened with lethal force and protecting the person in harms way.

Tbf I only said 18 to humor you. I don’t believe the cops should’ve shot her if she was 18, 85, or “15ish” (where you draw the line).

Again, you are defending the shooting of a 16 year old, you piece of poo poo.

What a hill for you to die on.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

I'd be perfectly fine if you ate a bullet after you made these arguments

What the gently caress.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

What the gently caress.

I got pretty heated by the poster who thinks it's okay for the state to extrajudicially kill a teen girl but maybe that's just me

brains
May 12, 2004

pretty sure the problem is that police use of force in america starts and ends with gunfire, not the actions of a teenager in the middle of getting jumped. amazing how in all other western countries, the police deal with the same thing and yet somehow avoid executing people in the street all the time :thunk:

but nah why do that when you can just starting blastin'

quote:

The shooting took place March 3 when Daisha Smalls was pumping gas and she saw police cars and heard sirens, she said in a news conference Tuesday. Her son, Legend, was in the back seat of the vehicle. Smalls said a man then got into her vehicle and told her to give him the car.
"I wouldn't give him my car because I let him know that I have a child in my car and that I would not leave my car without my son," Smalls said through tears. Smalls said she was sitting in the car when the man jumped in and police were right behind them.

"Before I knew what happened they were already shooting at my car and I was just scared for my son's life," Smalls said.
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/16/us/houston-police-shoot-baby/index.html

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I got pretty heated by the poster who thinks it's okay for the state to extrajudicially kill a teen girl but maybe that's just me

Oh, as long as you're angry, it's perfectly fine to tell another poster to off themself in a forum where we've had several of those already. Keep up the good work, Decent Person.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

The officer was called to deescalate the situation, not murder a teen girl.

Pretty hard to deescalate someone when they're already actively attacking someone with lethal force. The attacker was likely going through an adrenaline dump. With all of those stress hormones going through her body, it's possible she didn't even hear the officer's commands*** because during a fight or flight scenario, there are perceptual distortions that occur such as tunnel vision or auditory exclusion. So she literally may not have heard the officer's commands to stop.

That doesn't make the shooting a bad shoot, however. The girl was still using deadly force against another person. When someone is actively using deadly foce against someone else, anyone is authorized to use deadly force against that person until the threat is stopped.

*** this tends to be a huge problem. It's why some people freeze and don't listen to police officer's commands because they aren't hearing it. A lot of times police take this as passive resistance or failure to comply, when, in reality, the person is stressed the gently caress out and full of stress hormones. Stress hormones diminish brain power, fine motor skills, and add perceptual distortions. Now, most good police training incorporates that knowledge into training officers, so that 1 officer is giving verbal commands, and they are loud, simple, and repeated a lot. That's basically the new best practice because so many cases of excessive force were because the officers took inaction as resistance when the person really jusr froze up, and instead of calmly repeating commands, the officers took that as some sort of affront and beat the poo poo out of people for no loving reason.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Look, if you want to defend the killing of a child then maybe you aren't a good person, either. I know I'm a piece of poo poo, but at least I'm not stooping to trying to gaslight people into thinking that it is acceptable for the state to continue killing children.

It is a monstrous institution that y'all are willing to defend. No other country has police killing a thousand people a year and imprisoning millions.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Look, if you want to defend the killing of a child then maybe you aren't a good person, either. I know I'm a piece of poo poo, but at least I'm not stooping to trying to gaslight people into thinking that it is acceptable for the state to continue killing children.

It is a monstrous institution that y'all are willing to defend. No other country has police killing a thousand people a year and imprisoning millions.

I haven't weighed in on the shooting.

I'm weighing in on YOU because you tripped my biggest loving trigger and the worst that'll happen is a sixer that you don't give a poo poo about, it's not loving ok.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Even if you believe it, why would you want to be the one arguing in favor of shooting a 16 year old.

You’re outing yourself as a lovely person.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Then report me and let me get banned, but until then I'm going to push back on these assholes that continue to defend the extrajudicial killing of a child by the state without any attempt at deescalation or other intervention

Melthir
Dec 29, 2009

I need to go scrap some money together cause my avatar is just sad.

boop the snoot posted:

Tbf I only said 18 to humor you. I don’t believe the cops should’ve shot her if she was 18, 85, or “15ish” (where you draw the line).

Again, you are defending the shooting of a 16 year old, you piece of poo poo.

What a hill for you to die on.

Nah man. I'm saying the cop shot someone capable of knowing and understanding that trying to stab someone is wrong that these actions have consequences and that it probably saved a life. If it was an obvious child(someone incapable of understanding the consequences and moral implications of their actions as well as having a harder time physically causing as much damage to the other person) try something else hope that it works and prepare for a lifetimeof second guessingif it does, shits nightmare fuel either way honestly. It sucks that it was a 16 year old. I highly doubt you would be this offended if it was a 35 year old dude getting smoked in the same situation.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Godholio posted:

I haven't weighed in on the shooting.

I'm weighing in on YOU because you tripped my biggest loving trigger and the worst that'll happen is a sixer that you don't give a poo poo about, it's not loving ok.

Report it then. Go away.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Because they shot a loving child you loving moron

poll plane variant
Jan 12, 2021

by sebmojo
Every police shooting of a black person is a bad shoot. Cops can bring in a white mass shooter in unharmed 9 times of of 10, all those white serial killers were brought in unharmed. There's no need to even arm cops much less have them executing people every day.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Then report me and let me get banned, but until then I'm going to push back on these assholes that continue to defend the extrajudicial killing of a child by the state without any attempt at deescalation or other intervention

'kill urself' is "pushing back." Cool. I'll keep that in mind. ;)

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
this thread owns right now so much

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Thank you, up the bum no baby, for being a martyr to the cause. Nancy pelosi salutes your sacrifice o7

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Grip it and rip it posted:

Thank you, up the bum no baby, for being a martyr to the cause. Nancy pelosi salutes your sacrifice o7

Shut the gently caress up.

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

No other country has police killing a thousand people a year and imprisoning millions.

I think this bit is spot on because it touches on the bigger problem, which isn't police. The USA should do better job at providing mental health services to citizens across the country and this starts by providing health care for all citizens. Free healthcare (including mental) would likely stop a lot of these situations from happening in the first place. If we had better social services, we wouldn't need to be calling cops to deal with a mental health break, because individuals would be getting help sooner and not end in a cop shooting and/or being arrested.

Another video of a cop being called when it should haven't gotten to that point (also tasers aren't 100%)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDWcqxqADwM

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

These morons spent all of their day setting up their stupid motorcycle course barrier only to have it destroyed by the wind in an hour and it owns.

(It’s a cop motorcycle training course they are setting up)

Seriously. Just that barrier going around it took them all day.

boop the snoot fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Apr 21, 2021

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

boop the snoot posted:

These morons spent all of their day setting up their stupid motorcycle course barrier only to have it destroyed by the wind in an hour and it owns.

(It’s a cop motorcycle training course they are setting up)

Seriously. Just that barrier going around it took them all day.

In a lot of states they have these courses set up for every cop, firefighter, and ambulance driver. In NY state they call it the Emergency Vehicle Operations Course. For each type of vehicle they have specific lengths each line of cones needs to be. Setting it up is a bitch.

All I can say is lol sucks to be them.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

It's this one for me boss. Idk what the fuckin future of policing or whatever, but every day the cops make the world a more broken and tragic place more than they claim to save it.

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Godholio posted:

Oh, as long as you're angry, it's perfectly fine to tell another poster to off themself in a forum where we've had several of those already. Keep up the good work, Decent Person.

What’s your opinion on ‘can’t corner the Dorner’, cop?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

I am a cop.

Because I don't want people telling others to kill themselves in here.

Ok.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020
Lol that dude's post history is a parade of hits that just doesn't stop

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
GH. Known cop and cop bootlicker. Also a closet heterosexual.

SMEGMA_MAIL
May 4, 2018

ded posted:

GH. Known cop and cop bootlicker. Also a closet heterosexual.

Don’t say that or you’ll summon cumshitter

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/48hours/status/993884649830211586?s=21

Solve everything with guns.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Groundhogs, their working dogs, children...gotta be consistent

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

It's coming right for us!

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

what a loving psychopath. It's a goddamned ground hog.

e: https://twitter.com/RzstProgramming/status/1385012391025381377?s=20

Flying_Crab fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Apr 22, 2021

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
nomen est omen

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Nothing would give me greater joy than to heckle Grossman at one of his talks.

"How would you know about killing since you never deployed?"

"Your book On Killing is based on discredited work, why do you keep using it?"

etc

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
With the way the dude talks about murder I would not be surprised if he’s got a body buried in his back yard and/or a torture dungeon or some poo poo.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Holy fuckin lol that coward pig got staunched out by a groundhog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Can't wait for his next book, Bulletproof Marriage, to drop.