Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
VV is probably in the same whatsapp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

https://twitter.com/carterforva/status/1267962287115177984?s=21

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/will_doran/status/1267947771358781440?s=19

Oh no...not water and first aid...how horrible

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Doppelganger posted:

I really, really kinda wish Cmdr Shepard still posted here just so I could watch him seethe at all these goddamn vermin having the gall to challenge authority.

It's good that he's gone.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/BrutumF/status/1267575655509577728

https://twitter.com/80SREDKY/status/1267961620921298944

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 3, 2020

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Mira safety still has heavy duty full face gasmasks and respirators in stock FYI.

A4R8
Feb 28, 2020
Edit; Wrong thread

A4R8 fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Jun 3, 2020

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Mira safety still has heavy duty full face gasmasks and respirators in stock FYI.

poo poo, nice. Is this good stuff?

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bored As gently caress posted:

poo poo, nice. Is this good stuff?

Seems to be. Heard it was a good affordable alternative to the USMC issue gas mask which was good enough for me to pretend war in while wearing full armor in the southern summer and not stroke out but for half the price. You should be able to rapidly don and purge and maintain decent situational awareness.

I’ll let you know when I get it and try moving and stuff with it but it might be a few weeks.

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Be prepared
Fun Shoe

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Seems to be. Heard it was a good affordable alternative to the USMC issue gas mask which was good enough for me to pretend war in while wearing full armor in the southern summer and not stroke out but for half the price. You should be able to rapidly don and purge and maintain decent situational awareness.

I’ll let you know when I get it and try shooting or at least some dry firing with it but it might be a few weeks.

Yeah it looks about half the price of other commercially available stuff that I've seen, as well. It certainly seems high quality. I've held off on getting a plate carrier and armor, helmet, and gas mask with filters for a long time, even though I know this country is going to hell in an handbasket. Now that we're not just inching further, but leaping further towards a fascist hell state, I'm looking to stock up sooner rather than later.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

It’s already really loving hard to find quality gear, I spent all tuesday basically researching what was left that wasn’t insanely priced or garbage.

I did buy an AR500 plate carrier but that’s because I dropped most of my money on a concealable iii+ safelife vest that would go under it and make steel plates actually useful. It’s more for the webbing real estate but also for just incase oh poo poo it’s really gotten bad. I can’t believe I’m saying this but my primary concern now is not just getting shot by a fuckstick proud boy or looter pulling a hi point but potentially a police AR-15 if they go full Ukraine and start sniping.

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
I've read that steel plate, even with anti spall lining, will still spall pretty bad. Means at a minimum you should wear a kevlar neck protector. People near you could catch shrapnel too.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

So I'm hearing that the SecDef basically said "lol the military isn't gonna do anything, suck my dick trump"??

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So I'm hearing that the SecDef basically said "lol the military isn't gonna do anything, suck my dick trump"??

Not really. Basically just that he didn’t support invoking the insurrection act and some banal words about the constitution.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

mlmp08 posted:

Not really. Basically just that he didn’t support invoking the insurrection act and some banal words about the constitution.

That's much less fun

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Phil Layshow posted:

I've read that steel plate, even with anti spall lining, will still spall pretty bad. Means at a minimum you should wear a kevlar neck protector. People near you could catch shrapnel too.

Yeah. I'll probably invest in ceramics eventually but the tiny probability I'll actually need it isn't worth hundreds of extra dollars and the plates were bundled with a decent carrier.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

That's much less fun

What about Esper makes you think he would ever make a strong moral stand?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Given that this year is probably going to get even weirder with hurricane season looming (for those of us on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts), would there be interest in starting a non-:freep:/non-:tinfoil: emergency preparedness thread? While chat about body armor and guns is a part of it, I’d think that people could get a lot of value out of other practical aspects like mutual aid and community organization. Thoughts?

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/333gecs/status/1266565185055199232

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Given that this year is probably going to get even weirder with hurricane season looming (for those of us on the Atlantic and Gulf coasts), would there be interest in starting a non-:freep:/non-:tinfoil: emergency preparedness thread? While chat about body armor and guns is a part of it, I’d think that people could get a lot of value out of other practical aspects like mutual aid and community organization. Thoughts?

I would read and participate in something like this.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Aren't you a little short for a storm trooper?

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Even ignoring the spalling issue for steel plates (which is a huge issue) you’ve also got the issue where the round itself will splatter on the face of the plate and send fragments at vulnerable areas like your groin and throat

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020
Here Spacedoor, if you have the time and tools. How to make bullet resistant armor for $30 bucks.

Tl;dw: Cut sheets of fiberglass blanket using a rifle plate as a template. Sandwich these sheets together using an epoxy. Clamp between plates and let cure. These WILL NOT stop rifle rounds though. I'm sure someone more handy could use the idea to make some kind of shield.

I wonder if the friends in CSPAM would find this useful.

Edit:

Barry Soteriology fucked around with this message at 05:01 on Jun 4, 2020

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

So it looks like David Mcatee (BBQ guy) was just doing roof Korean stuff keeping his business safe when police, from a dark vantage point without warning, started shooting at him with less lethal rounds at which point he drew and fired one shot lowered his weapon, and then was lit up. So his last thought was almost definitely that he was being shot at by looters.

Very cool to see that cop social media called him a rioter first before it came out he owned the business where he died, and then pivoted to “well he shot at cops for NO RASIN”

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

Didn't you know? You're supposed to be aware of the imposing presence of a cop's embodiment of the Law wherever they are. That's why they're allowed to do no-knock raids without identifying themselves in any way, because you should feel the Hand of Justice over your home and no that you should comply. Only a criminal who has cut themselves off from the Law cannot feel their presence and would respond in kind to the just Violence of the State.

warsow
Jun 28, 2009
There are roughly 800k cops in the US of which 120k are federal LE. Any allegations of excessive force or any use of force that results in loss of life, limb, or eyesight, is immediately investigated by a Federal Investigating agency (idk put it under OPM/OMB/OIG or something??). NOT staffed with cops, but staffed with Civil Rights Lawyers/Advocates. Training someone to conduct investigations is way easier than teaching them the nuances of race, equality, and class, etc AND you maintain that idea of civilian oversight that is prevalent throughout the rest of the executive branch. Any and all federal funding that PDs and the municipality (city, state, etc) receives is on the line, and grant the agency the ability to cut it if the PD's refuse to play ball.

Order the suspension of all cops immediately that have any history of excessive force, pending investigations, anything until the agency.

Granted, none of this will happen until January, but even then the SUCC will overwhelm us all.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

It doesn't need to be an all at once federal solution with congress and executive approval.

Every city and county and university and state can start slashing police budgets and busting up their unions. This can start tomorrow morning. Of course they will react with complete hysteria and fight every cut with crazy tactics, but it can still be done.

DHS and federal police is a different ball of yarn, but the war against Afghanistan/Iraq/ISIS/whoever is over and it's just a lovely huge jobs program at this point. Cut budgets, fire people, sell equipment, sell buildings.

Pryor on Fire fucked around with this message at 01:40 on Jun 5, 2020

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

https://twitter.com/thisdiegolopez/status/1268543968981237762

PeterCat
Apr 8, 2020

Believe women.

That's an ad for a TV show.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Which one live pd?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Pryor on Fire posted:

It doesn't need to be an all at once federal solution with congress and executive approval.

Every city and county and university and state can start slashing police budgets and busting up their unions. This can start tomorrow morning. Of course they will react with complete hysteria and fight every cut with crazy tactics, but it can still be done.

DHS and federal police is a different ball of yarn, but the war against Afghanistan/Iraq/ISIS/whoever is over and it's just a lovely huge jobs program at this point. Cut budgets, fire people, sell equipment, sell buildings.

Trump could do it today by a simple executive order.

"Any police org that does not terminate an officer with multiple use of force complaints, or a single validated use of force complaint is denied all federal funding. Any org hiring an officer terminated under such conditions faces the same."

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
The fact that that report came from outside and not from within FOR A loving OLD WHITE GUY should tell everyone everything.

God bless I'm taking a break this poo poo triggered some physical trauma right now and it bled into the collective emotional trauma from the last few months.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Liquid Communism posted:

Trump could do it today by a simple executive order.

"Any police org that does not terminate an officer with multiple use of force complaints, or a single validated use of force complaint is denied all federal funding. Any org hiring an officer terminated under such conditions faces the same."

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Long version. I like this guy, he makes a lot of sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M71z6K7IkjU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Yeah, credit to Beau.

He's got a pretty good head on his shoulders.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
https://twitter.com/70Ceeks/status/1268732253888184323

Cops must be a society of sociopaths because they repeatedly fail empathy tests.

I couldn't imagine a more shameful thing to become anymore.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Wanna see what verified cops think about that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/ProtectAndServe/comments/gwxxye/video_man_injured_after_being_shoved_by_police/

This is Reddit so it’s all the “wokest” cops too!

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
loving Christ what a bunch of irredeemable pricks.

"Looks like he tripped and fell," is the loving evidence that they have been practicing this slick poo poo for years and they loving know.

All cops are collaborators because y'all sure as gently caress ain't stopping your homies from making bad decisions.

The 14th didn't abolish slavery. Remember that as police forces get more loving money every year.

Remember that when you see those loving "endorsed by police union" labels on candidates signs.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Turns out Chris Dorner was right all along

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here
Where all da cops at