Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Bored As gently caress posted:

What do you expect from Shaun King, the guy who jumps to conclusions more than that guy from Office Space. He's hit or miss. He's got basically no knowledge of policing, use of force, the law, etc.

Good point, an in depth knowledge of policing sure is needed for this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Oh you forgot he isn't actually black, too

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Are they too broke to issue identifier tape to put on there, too?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Between militarization, doing next to nothing or often nothing about outright supremacists in uniform, recruiting standards often designed to deselect quality persons and creating a narrative that cops aren't civilians and it is them against us everything is in place for them to go full Gestapo and I don't know what is in place to stop them with our current government (lol like they wouldn't be directing it)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

The cops in Mobile who made the panhandler sign blanket post got doxxed, so that's cool. The department Chief issued a non apology statement so we can rest assured there will be no consequences for the dudes who very publicly displayed they have no business serving the public

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

colachute posted:

Maybe we shouldn’t only have “prison” and “free” as our only two options for justice.

Cops already just shoot people unjustifiably. I’m sure we can brainstorm options that don’t cause people to get murdered.

Didn't this discussion happen here and end with cops saying you can't prevent cops murdering people for no reason (I'm paraphrasing)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I am on my phone and can't tell but was that smashed car hopefully empty?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Speleothing posted:

Nobody would have died from a box truck toppling slowly onto the cruiser. A car can get into a 65mph rollover and the driver still walk away with a bit of whiplash.

I try not to get in to personal attacks here, but you're a doofus

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Guys these are clearly just the outliers and I'm sure their departments have a culture of service and integrity

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Good thing we don't have a cop mod or 3 unrelated posters would get banned for these posts

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Don't worry, surely this department won't tolerate these bad apples (now that it's national news)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I'm going to venture a guess the Richmond PD missed the mark on what that film is about

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

law enforcement USA - a community of people totally cool with shooting people's dogs when they're no risk whatsoever

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

it's really cool law enforcement selects for the absolute worst human beings possible but i guess when the purpose in this modern era is to execute white nationalist policy with the goal of going back to a segregated society that's what you need and some dogs gotta go to get there

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

i'm not even going to respond in depth to you because you don't engage in any good faith discourse and being even a quarter abreast of national news and what we've learned about allegiances of a significant portion of law enforcement to white nationalist ideological groups would answer that

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

sure not cole, whatever you say

maffew buildings fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Aug 22, 2020

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

a former teacher of mine who is now a secret service agent posted "it's september 2nd and police are still heroes" and took me a minute to realize they didn't mean this is a bad thing we need to correct. it's us vs them all the way up.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Those guys should go up for attempted murder but probably are getting paid vacation instead

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Real cool that both parties have responded with 'do all the illegal violence you want!' Makes me hopeful we address root issues with policing. Or it stays insular white power types who knows

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

heartwarming solidarity between our nations most bravest during these trying times

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

God these heroes are SO loving BRAVE

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://twitter.com/goddessthemuse/status/1383245332557959168?s=21

Is this the restoration of our nation's soul Biden was talking about?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

if they're guard then why in the gently caress are their loving boots not loving bloused

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I agree, there was clear and present danger and to say that it's not right to shoot the child is absurd, almost as absurd as expecting multuple cops showing up at a scene to have any kind of training or ability to coordinate and deal with a dynamic situation and protect lives in the moment and as such you need, ideally, theee police to be present doing nothing while one kills someone

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Groundhogs, their working dogs, children...gotta be consistent

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

If I'm remembering right Grossman is a bathed in rhe blood of Christ holy crusader. I'm not fact checking because based on everything we know about him I'm 99.99% sure that's the case

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

lite_sleepr posted:

Hi.

A child can kill a person just as easily as an adult. It's tragic, but a knife swung by a 16 year old is not any less fatal than one swung by a 26 year old.

I hope you can somehow parse this information.

You've used this line of reasoning to argue against the age of consent at some point haven't you

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Ok now explain how the dozens of white men who kill people and are taken in to custody unarmed every year are somehow different than this 16 year old girl and why not using lethal force in those instances is ok

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

https://www.nj.com/cumberland/2021/...icer-rules.html

If he's fired he can't pass on his decades of experience, good ruling

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Good thing he has a workplace sympathetic to his plight!

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

During my ascension training we did a ROE simulator and the instructors went in on a dude who shot someone throwing a rock at them. What's the cop equivalent, like repeating 'I feared for my life' and a paid vacation?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat are these the Bad Apples? I thought they were all gone with Chauvin

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Thank God Biden and his team are brave enough to keep heavily funding cops and won't pack the courts

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

yeah it's just upsetting since if we don't vote Blue No Matter What everything is literally our fault. oh well, maybe giving cops more money is step one and I'm just too much of a doomer to understand

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

yeah you assholes, celebrating the death of this brave hero, how many cops have you guys even sucked off lately???

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

Serial killer poo poo from a guy with red flags in his past.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

You piece of poo poo, did you even think of how this could impact officer retention?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

drat wish there was a solution besides letting them keep their jobs and not cutting funding or holding them accountable for anything :(

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

wow, look at that commitment, even in death he's closing cases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

I can't believe I'm saying this since I know troops, but I think the average moral compass and belief in something greater than yourself in the force is exponentially higher than your average cop, too.