Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
The coward who hid in his car during the Parkland shooting got his job back with back pay and seniority restored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Just search “Minneapolis” on twitter, it’s getting scary over there. I’ve seen multiple videos of people straight up chucking rocks at cop cars.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Grem posted:

I think there's like one guy that I can say is like that that USED to post in these threads.
Cmdr Shepard wasn’t the only one, he was just the last one.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Worst Year Ever podcast did an impromptu episode about the Minneapolis protests last night. If you’re familiar with one of the hosts, Robert Evans, he’s a great journalist who does a lot of work on neo nazi groups. I mention this because he’s already found posts and communications from militia groups about trying to exploit this for their own ends (ie- start a civil war).

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/worst-year-ever/id1478794003?i=1000476008659

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

I really, really kinda wish Cmdr Shepard still posted here just so I could watch him seethe at all these goddamn vermin having the gall to challenge authority.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Doublepost

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

We put our lives on the line EVERY DAY, but don’t expect me to like, put myself in harm’s way or something.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

I used to work at a pediatric ER, and we had a 16 year old frequent-flyer psych patient who was as big as a college linebacker. He was in and out so many times that he learned the code to our med carts just by watching, and one day he opened one up, grabbed a syringe, and started lunging at people. Three security officers and a tiny RN managed to restrain him without anyone getting hurt.

It baffles me how cops are loving oblivious to the possibility that you can just totally outnumber one person and non-harmfully restrain them. But then again, I suppose that isn’t BADASS AND COOL. :rock:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Liquid Communism posted:

Replace 'shooting teen suspect' there with 'committing attempted murder'. Cop walked up on a guy eating a burger in the parking lot, pulled open the door, and then started shooting when the confused driver's response to being ordered out of the car was to put his hands in the open and ask why. Cop put ten rounds into the car with the guy's girlfriend in the passenger seat as direct backdrop and the restaurant after that, and then transparently lied in claiming the car struck him and that's why he started shooting.

Erik Cantu, the victim, is 17. He's currently still in critical condition with wounds to his stomach, liver, diaphragm, and lungs. Good chance he never leaves the hospital unless he's drat lucky.

The cop's been charged with two counts of aggravated assault by a public servant, which in Texas is a first degree felony, so assuming they throw him under the bus at least he'll never be allowed to carry a gun professionally again once he gets out of prison.
If he’d been a cop for a little bit longer, he’d have a police union to scream on the news about how heroic he was to try and murder the child who definitely had it coming.