Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Chichevache posted:

We make more of an effort to engage in it than you do.

If we've learned anything it's that cops have zero problems engaging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Crakkerjakk posted:

The thing that gets me (well one of them) about the current tangent is that we literally don't know how many unarmed people are killed by cops in the US because police departments all over the country refuse to report out every time they kill someone, despite being required to by federal law. Closest we can get is a couple newspapers and activist organizations who try to figure out details from articles posted in local papers.

And that also ignores stuff like Laquan McDonald being "armed" with a knife as he was wandering down a street before a shitbag ran up to him and magdumped into him.

I love that it takes non profits and newspapers to actually get the numbers, as even the CDC and FBI admit their numbers are bullshit. 2019 is a slow year so far, only 885 or so police murdering people which is lower than last year.

So good job guys, you did it!

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Smiling Jack posted:

We used to have cop lounge threads until '15 or so I think. I also think that was the last time we had a "ask a cop" thread.

Maybe because 2015 was the high water mark of cops killing black guys and most people decided to stop pretending they were anything other than an occupying force.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Godholio posted:

At any time, you can pretend you're talking to actual other human beings..

But hes not, hes talking to a cop, who treats every response the same way that every cop is accused of treating people while claiming to be a Good One.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
We had our cooldown, so let's check in on the upstanding folks of the NYPD, who we are continually reminded are great people cause they managed to stop shooting everyone (or at least reporting it):

https://www.nbcnewyork.com/investigations/nypd-unit-seen-disabling-camera-during-fruitless-drug-raid-against-brothers/2245847/

https://www.foxnews.com/us/tessa-ma...ims-reports-say

https://nypost.com/2019/12/23/nypd-cop-arrested-for-choking-his-baby-mama-while-shopping/

(Wasnt someone just bragging about their 100k+ salary? Huh.)

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/crime/2019/12/06/nypd-cop-michael-reynolds-jail-sentence-assault-burglary/4356860002/

"We're just drunk cops, it's fine!"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mlmp08 posted:

Because it’s blaming the victim explicitly.

Cops are always the victim, duh.

https://twitter.com/lib_crusher/status/1211658604836741120?s=19

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ruddiger posted:

Why are you pretending you don’t know another precinct will hire this sack of poo poo in a few months?

Maybe he can team up with those guys with their capes made of homeless signs and they can start the rear end in a top hat Initiative.

Because then he cant lick the boot clean fast enough

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

ruddiger posted:

They already don’t render aid to those they just shot. If anything, this will curb them desecrating the corpses by putting them in handcuffs while they’re dead/bleeding out.

But then how will they laugh and take photos with the bodies

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Stravag posted:

Yeah...thats some serious history revision going on in here

Almost like they cant help it even in their off time.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mlmp08 posted:

You know how MPs and gate guards and soldiers in general wear face masks when it's really cold? It's just that but it's less cold.

The one piece of military gear the cops arent using against civilians.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Somehow I (and every other military member) managed communication just fine in MOPP, SCBA, N95s and every other mask under the sun but I guess that makes me Special because seemingly no cop itt or on the loving planet has figured it out and is coming to the flying defense of their fellows who are too loving stupid to Talk Loud but are also allowed to carry a gun.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2020/04/16/florida-appeals-court-uphold-s-stand-your-ground-defense-in-shooting-of-deputy

Tldr cops tried to bust a girl for prostitution, guy heard the commotion on his porch and went out guns blazing. Cops now said that he got the same ruling a cop would.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

PookBear posted:

the system is designed so that you literally can't be a good cop, if you want to do good you have to become a DA

Nah, when you're DA you just decline to press murder charges when your cop buddy and his kid murder a guy.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

You know it's a good faith argument when it starts like this

There are no good faith arguments with anyone associated with law enforcement, past or present.

You can drop the badge and gun, but never quite lose the "c'mon, lick the boot, just a little"

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
That's because the active shooter is usually a police, op

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Jack B Nimble posted:

I think a lot of people think of the dogs "ability" to smell things like drugs or bombs. Execpt it turns out the dog knows it can just bark for drugs even if there aren't any and still be a good boy (because the cop wants the false positive). Get the dogs out there, its hosed up to make a dog a tool of oppressive violence when they're really just trying to, you know, be good boys. And I'm saying in a cutesy dumb way but I'm serious, the dog doesn't have an understanding of policing and state violence and it's hosed up to make them do this, even of they like it it's wrong to encourage it because dogs, like, by definition, don't have restraint.

Oof I didn't know I had such strong feelings about dogs being agents of state violence.

Read about how Ferguson police used their dogs and you'll be even more in an uproar.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/adamserwer/heres-how-ferguson-police-use-dogs-on-town-residents

And loving lol if anyone thinks anywhere else is better.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Proud Christian Mom posted:

hot take the dogs testimony is still more trustworthy than the cops

All cops are bastards, but all dogs are good boys, so at best they're neutral testimony at least.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Lmao how low that plate carrier is being worn

That's how you know they're also the ones at the open carry and racist protests.

Too much gear and nobody knows how to wear it.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

BIG HEADLINE posted:

cops . originally trained

Lmao

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
https://twitter.com/NBCLA/status/1303351013374668800?s=19

The most dangerous people in the world. Unarmed black men, and autistic children.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Toshokan posted:

Why is it ABA therapists can handle kids like this without shooting them but cops can't?

Because being a cop requires less training and accountability than being a hairdresser.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MonkeyFit posted:

But how will they found out where their wives and families went if they cut ties with the organization?

Probably just ask lowtax

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Mr. Nice! posted:

In Florida, an appellate court has just ruled that if police are in fear for their lives, they become victims under Marsy's law and are exempt from public disclosure of their names. This is because two Tallahassee police officers killed people last spring. One case a guy was across a parking lot in a bush with a knife. Another was someone expressly attempting to suicide by cop who had an unloaded gun on them and was shot 5 times in the back.

https://www.1dca.org/content/download/728596/opinion/202193_DC13_04062021_132340_i.pdf

There is no ability for police to be held accountable at all in Florida anymore.

Probably also stems from the cops no knock raiding a guys house, in plain clothes, attempting to arrest someone who lived there for prostitution so he opened fire on the people he thought were raiding his drat house.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SchnorkIes posted:

Why would you shoot through your own windshield in a panicked fashion in an assassination? Why even come within a thousand meters?

Are you really questioning why a cop did a dumb thing?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

boop the snoot posted:

Cops think they are living through a Lethal Weapon movie, except everyone thinks they are Martin Riggs.

Thats because they all act like Mel Gibson

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
If its good enough for a Kennedy it's good enough for a cop god dammit