Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doc Hawkins posted:

the picture, or just the poster?

The poster was part of the viral campaign for a Cinemax show. The cops next to it on Wall St. are real and the framing is :discourse:.

https://www.wired.com/2012/09/byzantium-security-international/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ded posted:

but what if they are in fear for their life

when the suspect is running away and unarmed

The Wiggum Defense.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

MrMojok posted:

Police Officer melts down in tears at McDonalds drive-through, I'm just glad she had a gun and a license to use it:

https://twitter.com/tkag2020_ann/status/1273075677454098436

"I just wanted a Liter'a Cola and a Dippasburger! And now the Captain says I'm off the road and on dispatch for good now!" :cry:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

mllaneza posted:

Cops are trained to shoot if there's the slightest hint of a threat that they might not go home at the end of their shift. There's basically zero chance of a cop taking a risk to protect a "civilian", and they'll kill one with impunity if there's a hint of a wrong move.

This is America.

Also, why bother chasing someone when you can mag dump your service weapon into their back and know the police union has your back?

Cause of Death: "Almost made a cop do unnecessary cardio."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Wasabi the J posted:

Yes it's what the CIA did to Noriega too.

They took a slightly different tack than sirens: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-40090809

"The troops' playlist came care of the Southern Command Network, the US military radio in central America. It featured hits picked for their irony value, including I Fought The Law by The Clash, Panama by the stadium rock band Van Halen, U2's All I Want Is You, and Bruce Cockburn's If I Had A Rocket Launcher."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I've heard from a reliable source "straight from the underground" that you can "still get 'swole' off bread and water." :v:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

joat mon posted:

That's harder, because the cops know people might finally notice that the emperor has no clothes when they fake dog search car after car but never find a body.

I love the Ron White bit about drug dogs.

"The dog gave us a signal that there are drugs on the plane."

"No it didn't. What's the signal, a *blank fuckin' stare*? I've been watchin' the goddamned dog and it hasn't done *poo poo*."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Stravag posted:

22lr as soon as they get hired lol.

Any attempt to "downgrade" police access to "sufficiently" lethal weapons will almost assuredly come with a call for the seizure of or mandatory alterations to arms in the hands of the general populace. And as any gun owner (especially Californians and District-dwellers) will tell you right now, the best way to restrict the public's right to bear arms is by ensuring no one's able to easily or readily buy ammunition or reloading supplies.

It's a Pandora's Box that's been open way too damned long and has way too much money jamming the lid ajar to ever close it.

I also think that if you *only* gave cops .22LR, they're going to use their service weapons even more often than they do *now* because they'll see the smaller "wimpier" caliber as a "less lethal" alternative to what they were originally trained on.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mr. Nice! posted:

The patch says US Border Patrol.

And "BORTAC," which is CBP's "SWAT-like" team. General consensus seems to be "NZ39" is his badge/ID number.

Abs of loving steel under that plate-less plate carrier, tellin' ya whut. :rolleyes:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Mustang posted:

Probably the cop equivalent of a battle roster number, his initials and whatever those numbers represent.

"Callsign: NAZI 39" :tinfoil:

(no, it's not real, but in this day and age it ~could~ be, which is just as upsetting and depressing)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

There's a reason I call them the "VAStaPo."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

So today I learned that the Richmond VA Police HQ has this relic from the set of Metropolis hanging off the side:

Just off-frame, a badly-smeared "ACAB" with letters that were easily 20 feet high.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

maffew buildings posted:

I'm going to venture a guess the Richmond PD missed the mark on what that film is about

It's not *actually* from the movie, it's just the first thing I thought of. 1984 might be a better fit.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJCCPPR-FI

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

No biggie, just involuntarily committing people so you have a chance to creep on an ambulance driver you want to gently caress, then become her no-poo poo STALKER: https://twitter.com/DivestSPD/status/1296137861767413760

Thread goes way deeper into :staredog: territory.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Aug 19, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

People in RVA call it the Mussolini statue

Makes sense.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

TCD posted:

I have a cousin whose - a nice guy. Doesn't get mad all that easy, laughs all the time, and really laid back.

Anyways, he entered the sheriffs academy for a major SoCal county. They pulled him aside and basically told him he didn't have the right temperament.

He's a teacher now.

I've been recalling this clip from a bad movie recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwZyoBUIINw

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Toshokan posted:

The best part is that selecting the cops who are willing to "get a little dirty" instead of people like this straight-arrow is exactly how they ended up with one of their own on the SWAT team betraying them to the bad guy and nearly getting them killed. And they also depict the captain as some kind of politician or turncoat, but he's the one who gets rid of Jeremy Renner's character, who's basically a sociopath.

Well, "David" still maintains that ~Thin Blue Line~ even though he's visibly uncomfortable with the idea of "getting a little dirty behind a street bust," too. So there's that as well.

Consequences? Those are for mortals with *lesser* jobs! :smuggo:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Public: "Surely body cameras and dissolution of high resolution cameras to the populace the will put an end to rampant civil rights abuse and indiscriminate murder by police!" :v:

Police: "Be sure to get my good bad side." :commissar:

(the 'commissar' guy needs a blue hat and the new emote should tragically/ironically designated :protectandserve: )

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Aug 25, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

“I want everyone to understand that at no point in time did we feel that this was something that we wanted not to disclose,” Rochester Mayor Lovely Warren said at a press briefing. “We are precluded from getting involved in it until that agency has completed their investigation.”

Translation: "I can't tell you how loving thrilled I am that I have nothing to do with this clusterfuck right now. If you think *you're* terrified of the police, imagine having to rely on these psycho-sociopaths for local executive protection. At least with the AG running things I can :shrug: and :smith: if she comes back with an indictment but hey, let's face it, the police department probably already destroyed any evidence that would've led to convictions by now."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"To Protect and Serve...unless you weird us out."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Toshokan posted:

Why is it ABA therapists can handle kids like this without shooting them but cops can't?

I linked my mother to this story. She's a retired Special Education teacher and she said she could totally imagine a cop killing some of the kids she taught.

It's only going to get worse, too. Autistic kids are losing the only socializing environment they had with full-week in-person classroom instruction.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

So what's the worst case scenario if someone decides they've had enough of the bullshit, and decides to return fire on the cops?

They *want* that to happen. Words cannot describe how much the shittiest cops WANT an excuse to get their duty rifles out and "go yard" on a crowd of "rioters."

The police aren't dialing things down, they're turning them up. They're auditioning for better jobs because they see the fascist scribblings on the wall.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

The cops are auditioning to become the new Gestapo, and the militias and right-wing Boogs are trying out to be the new Brownshirts.

All of this is a very public job interview. All of the jackasses marching in Charlottesville were telling everyone listening that they'd much rather be a tower guard in a concentration camp than a "Home Theater Expert" at Best Buy. Instead of being pissed and wanting to effect change for the better, they're pissed and want to profit through making the world worse, so long as it gets better for *them* at the expense of their least favorite "Others." The only way to keep them from doing that is to give them a more lucrative avenue and outlet for their rage and avarice and no one is going to or able (or willing) to do that right now so poo poo is going to get bad.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 09:58 on Sep 19, 2020

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

shame on an IGA posted:

Shoot blues, tell Vilerat, why the gently caress were there live rounds on a training site at all

https://www.policemag.com/572821/california-training-officer-accidentally-shot-by-rookie

E: looking at the dispatch transcript, honestly surprised that rookie didn't get lit up by responders

Maybe it was intentional and the guy who got shot wasn't a ~team player~.

"Don't worry, rook. We'll all say it was accidental. Just be smart about it."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Looking forward to him getting hired a little more out west because that's just how things go and there are plenty of VA sheriffs who'd like the cut of this dude's jib and jackboot.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

This is true, but I'd settle for a locked rifle that requires extensive paperwork if touched.

"Hi, I'm the LockPickingLawyer, and..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lF0uiRS8asc

Gotta love how one of the top comments is "I'm in awe. Used this lock in my patrol vehicle and thought my rifle was "secure". Wow...."

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

:smith:

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/532013-ohio-deputy-who-fatally-shot-casey-goodson-once-said-his-job-was-to-hunt

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Better to run over 20 than be carried by six. :jerkbag:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Durham Regional Police in Durham, Ontario

I have to admit I got a little chuckle during my first Canada visit in August 2018 seeing "OPP" on the side of so many cop cars.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

:monocle:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/police-antifa-activist-likely-shot-141049945.html

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

When the fruit of the tree is diseased, you cut it down, rip out the roots, and plant new, untainted seeds.

The problem with the "apples" analogy is that the bad fruit is because of the lovely and poisoned soil the tree is rooted in.

:smith:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Toshokan posted:

Remember Officer Sicknick who was supposedly a "slain" at the Jan 6 riots at the capitol and was given a hero's funeral, including lying in state in the capitol building and a long funeral procession through the streets of DC?

Well, about that...
https://twitter.com/NYDailyNews/status/1384284195611025414

George Floyd didn't die because he had a knee on his neck. He died of asphyxia, which is a completely natural cause of death! :troll:

:shepicide:

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Apr 20, 2021

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Holy fuckin lol that coward pig got staunched out by a groundhog

He'll just claim it was rabid because it didn't try to flee.

If he'd asked everyone to honk their horns the hog would've bolted into the brush. But no, time to see what hollow points do to a wild animal! -_-

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

They had to know there was a camera and mic in that area and they still shot the poo poo because I'm sure they thought anything THEY said would be conveniently deleted before it was used against them in court.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Loveland PD is going to end up with a Greatest Hits Anthology: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2XkKgH3YLJE

Gotta love the bootlicking chud trying to help the cop.

The several Loveland PD officers on scene then began tossing ideas around for what crime they could claim they suspected Sowl of suspected of to justify their arrest and attack on him. Most of the officers remembered to mute their cameras for this part, but one did not. They then agreed that they would all say that they suspected that Mr. Sowl had committed felony Tampering with Physical Evidence offense... for having helped to lift the bike off the injured rider.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Toshokan posted:

More like they'll adopt woke language and symbolism to whitewash their racism and other crimes.

"STOP MICROAGGRESSING!"

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Liquid Communism posted:

Question of the day being why he isn't, at this very moment, sitting in a cell for the most comically obvious obstruction of justice possible.

"I feared for my life." :troll:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I think we can also infer that Michael Petersen probably has a fetish for taser demonstrations.

"This is my fourth time." :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, they SHOW demos going for the legs and arms, but once they're out in the field, they're going to be aiming for the neck and head. Going to guess when those high-tension cords hit skin they slice like razor blades.

I mean, hell, why not just give police departments BZ? "It's less irritating than CS!" :downs: