Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to go through life just, completely incapable of introspection. I think this might be the cringiest thing I'll see this month, which is wild since it literally was posted in the 1st.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Feb-ril Fools!

Dr. Sneer Gory
Sep 7, 2005
Jesus fuckin christ.

I don't think it seems braggy because this is just how he writes everything, that kind of voiceless, aggressively mild, minimal effort style that has been noticed.

Beyond the fact they these compliments are all about being inoffensive and nonthreatening, (and two of the three were from like 20 years ago,) which, ok, not terrible, why are they all from queer women?

If I didn't know who this guy was, I might look askance at it but make the effort to give the benefit of the doubt.

Having seen this dude's output dealing with gay males and queer people in general I'm pretty comfortable thinking that this guy either self-selects for only associating with queer women or that any interaction with queer masc people was not so "I'm an easy going, safe straight guy!" that gathered kudos.

Or probably both.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Now you mention it, it does make me think of the Lonely Island song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh07WlB46Gw

The full version isn't on youtube but has people calling him out afterwards like "why did you keep going on about not being gay?"

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

catlord posted:

Sometimes I wonder what it must be like to go through life just, completely incapable of introspection. I think this might be the cringiest thing I'll see this month, which is wild since it literally was posted in the 1st.

I'll be honest, it really just was gross.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Tesseraction posted:

Now you mention it, it does make me think of the Lonely Island song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh07WlB46Gw

The full version isn't on youtube but has people calling him out afterwards like "why did you keep going on about not being gay?"

Here's the full:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QS9hwcqcX-Q

Dalris Othaine
Oct 14, 2013

I think, therefore I am inevitable.

Libra posted:

It cannot be stressed enough that Luna is quite literally the friends we made along the way.

we slept on this and that's a God damned shame because lmao

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

"This lesbian said she won't touch any man but me" is so loving gross to say how much you liked hearing it.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
Yeah, it's just Ink Witch and Arudak.

Will somebody get Snout's overalls back on him, already?

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Why did any of you think there would be conflict when there could just be Nice Soft Feelings or better yet, Nothing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

How many times has he used that Snout and Arudak panel?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
Good thing there was no tension or conflict to be introduced

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
This is a loving SPRINT to the end lmao. He could not be happier to wash his hands of this project.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa
I am not doing a bit or being hyperbolic: I literally don't understand how any of you are saying this is a sprint to the end. How can you loving tell? Nothing is happening!

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Think of it like a video game, snout finished all the side quests and relationship chains, and now everyone is getting together so that he can press the big button and select his ending (he always picks the good ending.)

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Last strip made it look like they were about to crash, but they landed just fine? Snout's shock and fear in the last page is just forgotten.

Also... for the Ink Witch and Arudak to arrive this soon, but travelling by air rather than teleporting, and given how we had a whole loving miniarc about how flying cross-country is slow, they can't have started long after Snout and Kaianda left... so why didn't they just go with them through the teleporter? Either mookie didn't think about this at all (highly likely) or he had something else planned for Ink Witch and Arudak to be doing while Snout and Kaianda were away but he scrapped it because he's bored and wants to end the Legacy (also highly likely).

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

god dammit

i love webcomics

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

My prediction for next week is that we learn they have defeated the antagonists offscreen while they were gone.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Rotten Red Rod posted:

My prediction for next week is that we learn they have defeated the antagonists offscreen while they were gone.
If he is trying to wrap this up quickly, I really hope he just. Never brings up Redactor and Punch McBaldy again. Just completley forgets to resolve any of this until several months into the new comic when somebody mentions it to him

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I am not doing a bit or being hyperbolic: I literally don't understand how any of you are saying this is a sprint to the end. How can you loving tell? Nothing is happening!

I think it was because of his talk of wanting to do another story.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

If he goes full Sword Master Yamato that would be incredible.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Nothing is happening, but it is happening at a faster rate than before.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

YF-23 posted:

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

why was it important to frame that last panel in such a way as to total remind us that Snout is buck naked as he hugs his friends

i do not need more snout happy trail, i do not need to see him pressing his happy trail against his female friend

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
*smacks the bad webcomic* Why isn't it doing anything?? Why isn't anything happening did I forget to put the batteries in?? I swear something was just about to happen but now they're just hugging AGAIN. c'mon stupid webcomic WORK do SOMETHING. I'm returning this to the store I'm never buying this brand again

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

YF-23 posted:

Last strip made it look like they were about to crash, but they landed just fine? Snout's shock and fear in the last page is just forgotten.

That's just how it lands, I think. Or rather, it doesn't land, it just skitters around unevenly and then squirts you out in a splatter of ink in midair as it dissolves.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

YF-23 posted:

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
So an adventure happened off screen, and what we get is Snout knowing the power of friendship.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

skeleton warrior posted:

why was it important to frame that last panel in such a way as to total remind us that Snout is buck naked as he hugs his friends

i do not need more snout happy trail, i do not need to see him pressing his happy trail against his female friend

God drat it, I'd forgotten he was naked. On first glance I just assumed he was wearing his dumb overalls again, since they are drawn with the same texture as his.. skin? Fur?

Naked makes this so much more gross.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015

Cemetry Gator posted:

So an adventure happened off screen, and what we get is Snout knowing the power of friendship.

That's what happened last time they were separated in the Wild Edge, so it'd be extra funny if Mookie had them deliberately split up so that he could the same thing again in the same place.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite part of this is that we know this is nonsexual hugging but oh no can't press my dick up against Arudak in a tight hug, only lady.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

The collected volumes on Mookie's gumroad are listed as covering everything up to the end of the Seeking the Path chapter, which means we're only about 60 pages into what will become Volume 4. It may be the last volume, but I could see Mookie forcing himself to continue until he has enough material to match the page count of the others, which means the comic might continue sputtering forward on fumes until October or November.

Emrikol
Oct 1, 2015
I'm of the opinion that Arudak was put into the list of Lunas entirely to offset Snout deliberately sexually assaulting Kaianda to power up his dream magic.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

I mean, the more I think about it, the more hilarious it is

Snout is buck naked, dripping with fetid mud-water from the world’s filthiest swimming hole

He clasps Arduak by the arms in manly fashion and then rubs his wet stinking muddy naked body all over Ink Witch in a full body pubis mound-grinding-into-you hug

Like, there are a million funny ways to handle this situation, and a couple of good dramatic ways, and then there’s Mookie’s way, which is to forget all of the details you built in and instead half-rear end a pointless, meaningless comic so poorly that it unintentionally says terrible things about your protagonists

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
See, I was expecting Snout to meet Dominic in the dream world and for there to be a whole update on what happened to the Deegans. At this rate, I'm expecting Dominic and Luna to just be force ghosts on the last page, smiling sagely as Snout walks off with his friends.

"I guess he truly did discover... the Legacy of Dominic Deegan!"

Tune in next week for dwarf tiddies.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

"I expected something to happen like this comic had a point to it" well there's your problem

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.

Hostile V posted:

Why did any of you think there would be conflict when there could just be Nice Soft Feelings or better yet, Nothing.
Unless I'm forgetting something, Main Ink Witch has exactly three articles of clothing that we've seen. First is an undergarment that we've seen less frequently than her very specific pubic grooming habits. Which is fine. The part about us not seeing it that often I mean. The other bit....

Anyway. Second garment is her dress. Which is apparently body paint around the boob region and baggy everywhere else. Drape of garments is one of the things that low-key bugs me the most about Legacy, but that's not what I'm complaining about here.

It's that fuckin' hat. It's one of the three articles of clothing one of the theoretically important characters ever wears, and it never looks right. And specifically I can't get over the thing it sometimes does, where it looks like it's not interacting with her head at all, but is instead floating a couple inches behind or in front of her head, kinda like a halo in an illuminated manuscript. Only not nearly enough like that to make me think it's intentional.

I mean there's the collar of Arudak's...whatever that garment is supposed to be...which seems to change shape between the two panels he's in. In the first it looks like a V-neck...something. In the second it looks like...like a medieval monk's cowl, only without the cowl. And whatever the gently caress is going on with those shin-length two-tone bellbottoms he's wearing under his what for want of a better word I'll call a cloak. And the fact everyone seems to be wearing ankle socks. But I'm going to stop thinking about all that poo poo right now.

Because lmbo lookit that fuggin hat.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

skeleton warrior posted:

I mean, the more I think about it, the more hilarious it is

Snout is buck naked, dripping with fetid mud-water from the world’s filthiest swimming hole

He clasps Arduak by the arms in manly fashion and then rubs his wet stinking muddy naked body all over Ink Witch in a full body pubis mound-grinding-into-you hug

Like, there are a million funny ways to handle this situation, and a couple of good dramatic ways, and then there’s Mookie’s way, which is to forget all of the details you built in and instead half-rear end a pointless, meaningless comic so poorly that it unintentionally says terrible things about your protagonists

Remember the first visit in mongreltown, about a week or two ago in comic time? When Snout lost his clothes and was super embarrassed about it?

This is character growth. Just, in the opposite direction.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

character shrinkage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SubG posted:

Anyway. Second garment is her dress. Which is apparently body paint around the boob region and baggy everywhere else.

Is her dress still made of magic ink, or did Mookie forget that?