Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

TheHan posted:

Can this comic even sustain a mock thread much longer.

It can sustain one now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

why does snout care
what is his motivation

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Miss posted:

why does snout care
what is his motivation

he's curious

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

YF-23 posted:

he's curious

how simple is he, because this entire thing seems so very uninteresting that there's nothing to be curious about

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Snout is Mookie, his motivation is that he's Mookie.
The Ink Witch is a sexy lamp, her motivation is to be a sexy lamp.
Arudak is a Lesser Avatar of Mookie here to represent a questionable and likely reprehensible opinion like "not all rape is bad" (see Stonewater). In this case, I know I'm not alone in suspecting that Arudak is not-so-secretly an Avatar of "Callout Culture is Bad."

In a comic with three two and a quarter characters, where two characters don't like each other, the only possibility is that one is lying (Arudak) or one is being deceived (The Ink Witch). The Ink Witch has only heard that Arudak is bad she hasn't seen it and her sources are faceless. Since we know she's Mookie's fap material she's not going to be evil, and since we know Arudak is a grumpy but well-meaning rear end in a top hat it will turn out the stories about him have been "exaggerated" and the Ink Witches were wrong to not put more trust in him, everyone will join forces and find out that the Legacy of Dominic Deegan was the friends they made along the way DANCE PUPPETS DANCE.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Mikl posted:

For a few months I have been wondering: who is Dominic Deegan?
Someone do the John Galt speech.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
For two hundred years, you have been asking: Who is Dominic Deegan? This is Dominic Deegan speaking. I am the man who loves his wife.

Men do not live by the mind, you say? The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose minds aren't to the astral plane. Then I told them to stop being so clothes-minded.

Sweep aside those hatred-eaten mystics. They only end up turning into spaghetti and meatballs.

Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and saying "gently caress you, see the truth" is his only means to gain it.

A process of reason is a process of constant choice in answer to the question: True or False?—Right or Wrong? These dichotomies are false. All that a man need know is whether a thing is Deegan or Not-Deegan.

Are you beginning to see who is Dominic Deegan? I am the man who has earned the thing you did not fight for: I do not have to be in this lovely comic anymore.

If there are degrees of evil, it is hard to say who is the more contemptible: the Deegan who assumes the right to force the mind of others or the Non-Deegan who grants to others the right to force his mind.

To a savage, the world is a place of unintelligible miracles where anything is possible. I am a loving wizard, so that is how objective reality is. I suppose we are all savages, then.

I swear—by my life and my love of it—that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Unless I oracle myself to death and go missing for 200 years.

But what're the odds of that?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Invisible Clergy posted:

For two hundred years, you have been asking: Who is Dominic Deegan? This is Dominic Deegan speaking. I am the man who loves his wife.

Men do not live by the mind, you say? The mind is impotent, you say? I have withdrawn those whose minds aren't to the astral plane. Then I told them to stop being so clothes-minded.

Sweep aside those hatred-eaten mystics. They only end up turning into spaghetti and meatballs.

Man cannot survive except by gaining knowledge, and saying "gently caress you, see the truth" is his only means to gain it.

A process of reason is a process of constant choice in answer to the question: True or False?—Right or Wrong? These dichotomies are false. All that a man need know is whether a thing is Deegan or Not-Deegan.

Are you beginning to see who is Dominic Deegan? I am the man who has earned the thing you did not fight for: I do not have to be in this lovely comic anymore.

If there are degrees of evil, it is hard to say who is the more contemptible: the Deegan who assumes the right to force the mind of others or the Non-Deegan who grants to others the right to force his mind.

To a savage, the world is a place of unintelligible miracles where anything is possible. I am a loving wizard, so that is how objective reality is. I suppose we are all savages, then.

I swear—by my life and my love of it—that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. Unless I oracle myself to death and go missing for 200 years.

But what're the odds of that?

Talk to Transformer?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Lol three straight days of text, Mookie truly is out of ideas and floundering

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

The absolute worst kind of story is the kind where nothing happens and takes forever to happen.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Samovar posted:

Talk to Transformer?

Huh?

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

The absolute worst kind of story is the kind where nothing happens and takes forever to happen.

So it's a metaphors for the first week of a lockdown or quarentine?

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

The true Dominic Deegan was inside of us all along.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

What you wrote resembled something one would get by feeding Talk to transformer the first few lines.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

"No. No, no. He loves just him.

"There are days when he calls me half a dozen times a day. I love him, I love him so.

"I want her to hear it all. I want her to know, okay, he loves me, and he loves me with all his heart. He loves me to the extreme of wanting to be with me, so when I come home early, he calls me 'Sup' so I can speak the same language as he does. I think he might be, like me, a weirdo.

Can we get a more interesting story from here?

This is the story of Snout, a mongrelman, whose house has just exploded. He's more of a goblin than a pig, and he can't get any help from the all-powerful Tannin. To make matters worse, his only friend is the runaway Numinus, who, in the case of Snout, is even more wretched and difficult to love than a mongrel. In hopes of finding some hidden savor, the two of them must now journey through the unknown space between the stars in order to find Snout's nearest rock of shelter, the earthy homeworld of his fellow pigs.

---

This is the story of Snout, a mongrelman, who sleeps in the nude. By night, he struts around the backstreets of Town, his starlight down the cobblestones. In the daytime, he creeps through the dark alleyways. At night, he lounges on the sidewalk outside the iron shack of the Smokey Place, a drug den run by the sternly weathered Smokestack Killer. By day, Snout is a cute cat. But by night, he's a seedy creature who gets into plenty of fights. It's up to Zuppy, an emergent vampire from the next town over, to hunt down and kill Snout once and for all.

---

This is the story of Snout, a mongrelman, who sleeps in the nude. Mangled teeth give him a demented look. He sits at the tip of the chin. His nose is broken, an old rib and the tooth of a chipmunk. The genitals are charred. He drifts in and out of consciousness, sleepwalking through the house like a man possessed.

Snout is a friend of Snalel's, an extremely intelligent dog who had to be put down by a shelter worker who was too afraid of him.

---

This is the story of Snout, a mongrelman, star of the world's most boring webcomic. It's about the highs and lows, the odd realities and tragedies. It's about a world of Snouts.

Snout is an awesome roleplaying game. Go ahead and check it out. The non-Tolkien-licensed material is amazing, and the adventures of Snout and his friends are fun to run. Many people love the thing so much, they have formed some campaigns on their own and even used the rules to make their own Kickstarter campaigns. And I don't mean that in an ironic or sarcastic way; I mean that people want to play a PC that might resemble any variation on the male body.

---

This is the story of Snout, a mongrelman, whose long and bloody life has been entangled in the nukes of the dead. As he traverses a world full of dead, Snout will uncover secrets and offer help that he needs to save his ancestors from the despair that follows the two detonations of their atomic weapons. With assistance from a sentient tornado named Boo, Snout will travel to all corners of a place that will change his world forever.

I'd rather read ANY of these tbh.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Jun 20, 2020

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

A sentient tornado?! Sign me the gently caress up!

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Samovar posted:

What you wrote resembled something one would get by feeding Talk to transformer the first few lines.
Oh, I see. I love that website, but it didn't click for me. I thought you were talking about carrying on a conversation with Cybertornians and became confused.

No, I didn't use it. I sat down and read the John Galt speech and whenever I saw a line that suggested itself well to something funny, I put it in. Generally, I'd have one or two straight sentences and then either change the third or have an original third so the cadence of the joke hit right. Hope you guys enjoyed it.

Those talk to transformer sections are pretty good. Better than the actual comic anyway.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

A D&D youtuber just did a video on mongrelfolk if anyone wants to know about the thing Mookie ripped off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FGiAZlHmjQ

This guy has some nice concise videos. Shame literally nothing outside of patchwork animal men made it into DD.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

PoptartsNinja posted:

Arudak is a Lesser Avatar of Mookie here to represent a questionable and likely reprehensible opinion like "not all rape is bad" (see Stonewater). In this case, I know I'm not alone in suspecting that Arudak is not-so-secretly an Avatar of "Callout Culture is Bad."

Ok this made me think, since some people were wondering whether Arudak would turn out to be Stonewater earlier.

Does this match anything any character has done in Dominic Deegan?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Not to my recollection.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
You’re a goddamn superhero. I’m so sorry your art was wasted on referencing this terrible comic.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
There are no more heroes here.

(timg'd, there's no genitalia it just feels gross)

I'm just...dumbfounded? Two pages ago Snout literally said he doesn't know if he can trust the Ink Witch, now she's snuggling up onto him while he sleeps and it's framed as romantic.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

There are no more heroes here.

(timg'd, there's no genitalia it just feels gross)

What? There's multiple panels of Snout hog.

Why is he working on this naked? When has he ever done anything naked except sleep?

Why does his dick change sizes? Check it out, it's way bigger in the final panel, and I'm pretty sure he's not erect.

Why is the ink witch just disrobed in his room? Wasn't the previous time she did that just a sleep-stripping thing? But now she'll just walk in mostly naked? And... Seriously? They can't have a single naked snuggling scene where one or both aren't sleeping? Is Mookie afraid to show actual affection where one of the party isn't unconscious? Is writing a real relationship where people actual converse and consent outside of his abilities?

This scene would make sense if they were both already in an established relationship, but as far as we know this is the first time the ink witch has been overtly sexual with Snout while not sleeping. This would actually be a good, romantic scene if she woke him up with a kiss and gave him a chance to reciprocate, but instead it just comes off as a very weird decision on her part. If someone came in my room and snuggled me when I was naked and sleeping other than my significant other, EVEN if it was someone I was interested in, it'd be super weird and creepy.

This might be psychoanalyzing a bit, but it seems like the work of starting a relationship is scary for Mookie and it feels much easier to him if it just happens by accident while someone is sleeping, like in them there Japanimations.

Also, she has no bra in panels 4 and 5, and magically she has one in 6. Good job Mookie.

Rotten Red Rod fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jun 21, 2020

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Why is snout wasting so much ink and paper on this? Is he incapable of thought that isn't written down...is that how deaf people work in this world? Because they can't hear they also can't have an inner monologue...instead they just have an external monologue on ink and paper?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

Snout's naked body looks like what you'd get if you gave a very vague and handwavey description to an alien about what a naked human looks like.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What? There's multiple panels of Snout hog.

Legitimately? I did not realize that was meant to be his dick.

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
Mookie can't draw a human nose to save his life.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That comic is gross

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Oh, good, the Sexual Harassment Witch is at it again and this time it's clearly not accidental.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Oh, good, the Sexual Harassment Witch is at it again and this time it's clearly not accidental.

But it's ok because he wants it, and she knows he wants it because of Mookie's psychic connection to all his characters. They will never have to communicate about motivations, intent, or consent because it has been beamed into their brains by their creative overlord.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Why is the ink witch just disrobed in his room? Wasn't the previous time she did that just a sleep-stripping thing? But now she'll just walk in mostly naked? And... Seriously? They can't have a single naked snuggling scene where one or both aren't sleeping? Is Mookie afraid to show actual affection where one of the party isn't unconscious? Is writing a real relationship where people actual converse and consent outside of his abilities?

This scene would make sense if they were both already in an established relationship, but as far as we know this is the first time the ink witch has been overtly sexual with Snout while not sleeping. This would actually be a good, romantic scene if she woke him up with a kiss and gave him a chance to reciprocate, but instead it just comes off as a very weird decision on her part. If someone came in my room and snuggled me when I was naked and sleeping other than my significant other, EVEN if it was someone I was interested in, it'd be super weird and creepy.

This might be psychoanalyzing a bit, but it seems like the work of starting a relationship is scary for Mookie and it feels much easier to him if it just happens by accident while someone is sleeping, like in them there Japanimations.

We've touched on it before, but it bears repeating Mookie's fetish for dead, bloody (or unconscious, inky) women in sexualized poses. This is one of the few instances of reversal where a woman is molesting a helpless man, but the root cause is the same.

I hate this comic.

Lemony
Jul 27, 2010

Now With Fresh Citrus Scent!

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Invisible Clergy posted:

We've touched on it before, but it bears repeating Mookie's fetish for dead, bloody (or unconscious, inky) women in sexualized poses. This is one of the few instances of reversal where a woman is molesting a helpless man, but the root cause is the same.

I hate this comic.

Lol, yeah. Image the roles reversed, a guy snuggling up to a naked sleeping woman. It's not endearing, it's assault.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Lol, yeah. Image the roles reversed, a guy snuggling up to a naked sleeping woman. It's not endearing, it's assault.

At least in the context of knowing each other for three days, not knowing each other’s names and otherwise lacking any kind of relationship buildup that’d make this make sense. Like, dude snuggles up to his sleeping wife of thirty years whose loving relationship has been shown to the reader? Sure, fine.

Dude snuggles up to sleeping lady who doesn't know his name and whom he met a few days ago after blowing up her house?

Yeah, context matters.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

In panel three if you squint it looks like he’s casually covering up a huge boner with the papers.

That’s all I have to add to this shitheap

the yeti fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jun 21, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Outstanding.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Great, more of this vaguely creepy stuff. The only way this level of familiarity makes sense is if the “Snout is author insert, Ink Witch is him inserting his wife” thing is true. At which point, it’s just uncomfortable for the audience.

:staredog: Well made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Just a few comics ago he was ashamed and embarrassed about being naked, now he's just casually sitting down to write in his journal with his hog out.