Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

e: I'm wrong and can't read

e2: Oh wait, put the Wild Edge tour guides in the Character Assassination circle.

super sweet best pal fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
One thing that gets me about this plot arc is that it's completely unclear why Amelia wants to kill Luna in the first place. Nothing about their relationship is exposed that seems to give reason for it. She gets killed trying to organize someone's murder for basically no reason.

It could have been an inheritance dispute but Luna was already out of that race. Why was killing Luna on this woman's bucket list? It's so weird.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

I'm kind of okay with this one. She's just an enchantress from what I can recall, and Bumper gets her by surprise from behind. You might reasonably assume that sort of magic requires eye contact, and even if not, considering Bumper got her so quickly and had time to mentally prepare himself, I'd definitely buy that yeah, she's got nothing to defend with.

Also, while it's not a good explanation unlike above; f we want to use DnD conventions because Mookie probably thinks in those terms, lots of spell-like abilities (although not spells) especially mind-affecting ones tend to have a thing where once you make the Will save against them, you're immune to the same effect from teh same person for the next 24 hours.

But she shot a bolt of force at Tim to free him from the ice shell Miranda's illusion heart trap encased him in. I'm familiar with 3.5, but if Mookie doesn't say that x or y works that way, then he isn't allowed to lean on those conventions.

Riot Bus posted:

One thing that gets me about this plot arc is that it's completely unclear why Amelia wants to kill Luna in the first place. Nothing about their relationship is exposed that seems to give reason for it. She gets killed trying to organize someone's murder for basically no reason.

It could have been an inheritance dispute but Luna was already out of that race. Why was killing Luna on this woman's bucket list? It's so weird.
Uhhh because if Cinderella's Luna's family members are mean to her, then you'll feel bad for her, which is the same as liking her without Mookie doing all the work of giving her a personality or letting her accomplish cool or interesting things. And when Luna is rendered incapable of extricating herself from this contrivance, Dominic can deus ex machina in to show how awesome and cool and huge-dicked Mookie he is.

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Invisible Clergy posted:

But she shot a bolt of force at Tim to free him from the ice shell Miranda's illusion heart trap encased him in. I'm familiar with 3.5, but if Mookie doesn't say that x or y works that way, then he isn't allowed to lean on those conventions.

True enough.

Riot Bus posted:

She's evil.

Remember that despite including things like rape, genocide, and so on, Mookie and his stories are all extremely childish - by his own admission everything is black and white. Bad guys do bad guy things because they are bad guys. 'Villainess' isn't merely a description of her role in the story, it's also her motivation and her backstory.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The "real men wear pink" thing is another dumb anachronism. Pink and blue being for boys and girls wasn't even a thing until relatively recently when toy and clothing companies figured out they could market things better that way.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PoptartsNinja posted:

Did I miss anyone?

VVV I tried to fit "Moustache Commander" but it wouldn't fit.

Ha, nice file name.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
This DD arc really also seems to be where Mookie went all-in on just recreating stuff from his favorite animes. Everyone pulls new powers out of their rear end until the story is resolved.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Invisible Clergy posted:

How did Celesto not see Stunt coming? He's a seer who's better than Dominic. Furthermore, why did Stunt, the psychotic throat-slitter, not cdg Celesto after knocking him out after the bad stuff Celesto's done, or at least try since Celesto has plot armor?

If he had wanted to kill Celesto, then Celesto would have gotten a vision and he couldn't have snuck upon Celesto.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Marin Karin posted:

This is what kills me. He has no artistic conviction, even if it'd be misguided in this circumstance. He instantly folds and changes his entire story so people don't hurt his feelings.

And the thing is, it'd be okay to change course (if in a more creative way than... this) if he thought, "Oh, wow, I didn't see it like that. I'm sorry." Then he'd have some introspection on his thought process and beliefs. But no, he does it because he doesn't wanna get called out, while also being unwilling to change anything about himself that's getting called out.

I think with the call-out he might have realised that he hosed up and wrote the ink witch as a gross abuser, and he's mad at himself that he did that to a character he wants to gently caress. The meandering since is because he doesn't know how to deal with that.

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

TheHan posted:

What if he said that but with 100x the words?

hahahaahha gently caress no

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

There's just something about Dominic's Mom & Dad being extremely powerful important characters who are very good at everything they do and also bail their baby boy out of trouble near-effortlessly that just makes me go really, mookie

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
I can see the thought process. "Huh, lots of anime has the parents be dead or useless. I'm going to make them alive and helpful to subvert expectations!"

But, as almost every story that subverts expectations solely for the sake of subverting them does, he fails to deliver on why the subversion matters, or having any sort of commentary at all to make it meaningful or enjoyable. His parents are just extensions of Dominic, 'I win' buttons with legs, and a way to passive-aggressively poo poo on his inlaws later.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

He even calls them a deus ex machina in-universe.

Did he never hear that the biggest complaint about them is that they defuse all conflict from a story? And he pretty readily demonstrates that by doing the whole fakeout with Miranda getting her heart ripped out, only to reveal that it was actually just an advanced illusion and actually played right into her “real” plan.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

Pyrotoad posted:

I can see the thought process. "Huh, lots of anime has the parents be dead or useless. I'm going to make them alive and helpful to subvert expectations!"

But, as almost every story that subverts expectations solely for the sake of subverting them does, he fails to deliver on why the subversion matters, or having any sort of commentary at all to make it meaningful or enjoyable. His parents are just extensions of Dominic, 'I win' buttons with legs, and a way to passive-aggressively poo poo on his inlaws later.

Miranda's also a way to deal with what I can only assume is some sort of weird Oedipus complex.

Case in Point

Chapter 10 Esctasy and Evil Part 8

Dominic enters the mindscape of Szark and confronts Karnak

We establish that souls exist independently within the mindscape, and that mindscapes are metaphorical planes of existence reflecting the mental state of the owner.

'
i hate this set-up. Demon stories work best when they lead people to their own ruin, but Mookie's description make is sound more like Karnak infected Szark with evil. The idea of Szark's soul being Karnak's is bad because Karnak imposed the change on Szark. Admittedly this is personal preference but I really hate when people take that element out of stories like this.

Also dead titties

What Karnak apparently didn't count on is that all Seers are super geniuses who become literal demigod figures on "Psychoplanes".

Big bang boom. Karnak has been eliminated as a threat. Like I said, the idea of a demon "corrupting" a friend takes all the poetic imagery out of it. A good story would have examined why Szark felt he could do what he did, what tipping piont the demon gave him. Otherwise the redemption isn't earned.

Out of nowhere, Mookie has a vision of his mom with another man. I mean, Dominic does. Nothing to read into here at all!

Dominic is very judgy about his mom's sex life.

So here's the thing. I'm uncomfortable with the way Mookie syllogizes bloodlust with general perversion. Given Szark's status as the only LGBT character (except that one trans character who pops up to show Mookie's acceptance of trans people much later on), and given the depraved bisexual trope, this feels particularly uncomfortable. It just totally links his desire for dominic with a desire for murder.

Remember when I said unearned redemption? Well here it is. Dominic does a Tien impersonation and fixes everything. What about Dark Szark? doesn't matter anymore, though I guess not dealing with him could be used to justify those later creepy fantasies Szark has of murdering Luna to steal dominic away.

I love these recap strips, as if repeating what just happens in any way justifies how lazy and random it was.

like I said, Oedipus complex. Mom, you have a lot to answer for based on that vision of you having sex I had.

It's ok, Momeegan stayed pure. If you were going to do this, why wouldn't you have it be that she loved him in the past! That's compelling! This is just creepy! Also again lol that his demon lord, who is the patron of the infernomancer who was in no way looking for Dominic before, is now totally enmeshed with the Deegan family story. See, it's like Rey being Palpatine's granddaughter, or Anakin building C-3PO. It just makes the world feel small and fake.

Good questions that are never answered lol.

HERE IT COMES. THE ICONIC.

Look at this. Just take it all in. It's sublime in its awfulness.

Again, Dominic is a killjoy prude.

Chapter 10 Esctasy and Evil Part 9

any excuse to draw titties, eh Mookie?

Here's what I think is funny, only a few strips after that extremly debasing strip with Amelia, dead with her rear end in the air, Mookie has this strip. This, right at the end of the story, adds some more compellign motivations to Celesto's confused love story, and seems to want to make Amelia a more complex character. But none of this is EVER ADDRESSED OR MENTIONED AGAIN! Dominic never has any followup event that could link thematically, no one ever revisists Amelia's death, and even Celesto doesn't ever bring it up later when he turns evil. This I feel has to be cargo culting on the part of Mookie, he knows other stories ask questions like this, but doesn't get why.

Who are you kidding Luna?

Again, Szark is off to the church for penance, gives his money up, an easy wrap up that basically uses his money to absolve Szark of any blame. Mookie does try to make Szark a bit of a tortured figure, but mostly him being gay for Dominic is what he will be from this point on.

Did Donovan buy penis jelly-beans? or what else could they be shaped like?

The inlaws love her!

and it ends with a summary strip setting up stuff for the Storm of Souls arc. Again, that attack is enormously important to future stories, but essentially happens off-screen.

This arc in retrospect is really, really creepy. There's just so many weird red flags all throughtout it. I feel like this is the point when Mookie left the DND group too. the previous stories felt like DND adventures. This one felt like a Chick Tract.

Also the whole "seeing mom have sex with a demon" thing really hit me this time around. It's just such a weird place to take the story and given Mookie's hangups with sex in other areas, just feels gross? It's not even like he saw them kissing, Karnak is naked in the scene he drew. It's just ick, to have Dominic confront his mom on that.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Sep 16, 2020

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Wow, a story terrible from beginning to end, but y’now I think I can see how he built an audience around this turd now. It’s less a story and more a collection of tropes and emotional beats from better media, plus it’s all such shameless wish fulfillment for nerds. Like Dominic owned Karnak in less than a page with his big boy nerd brain, with none of the lead up or struggle. That’s gotta appeal to a pretty large niche of people.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Yeah I had actually forgotten how horrible this arc in particular was. I remembered it as a little dumb but not bad. I think my brain worked around that narrative that DD peaked and went downhill at Storm of Souls, but now I'm wondering what I've forgotten from that arc too.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

rannum posted:

There's just something about Dominic's Mom & Dad being extremely powerful important characters who are very good at everything they do and also bail their baby boy out of trouble near-effortlessly that just makes me go really, mookie

I can't help but go back to my "sick of this poo poo" concept for Dominic here because a guy who got sick of his ludicrous demon-haunted youth, his absurdly powerful and renowned parents, and just wanted to get away from it all and moved to fantasy Bismark, ND would be a character! You've got reasons for him to be a curmudgeon and while he clearly dislikes where the story finds him, he still prefers it to being waited on hand and foot by his parents who solve his every problem. But again, that would require Mookie to not want to just be Dominic.

TheHan posted:

Wow, a story terrible from beginning to end, but y’now I think I can see how he built an audience around this turd now. It’s less a story and more a collection of tropes and emotional beats from better media, plus it’s all such shameless wish fulfillment for nerds. Like Dominic owned Karnak in less than a page with his big boy nerd brain, with none of the lead up or struggle. That’s gotta appeal to a pretty large niche of people.

Also, very much this. It was 2005! The put-upon nerd who owns everyone with how cool they actually are was huge. It still is, but at least now it's a lot more likely to get mocked out of the gate.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

The Little Death posted:

Miranda's also a way to deal with what I can only assume is some sort of weird Oedipus complex.

What are you talking about? There's nothing weird about this at all.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Like I said, I expected a slow ramp up in awfulness, but this story arc just slammed on the accelerator. It has all the previous issues of the comic, but also tosses on like, a dozen new issues at the same time. Certainly wasn't expecting an Oedipus Complex, that's for sure.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Storm of Souls is probably the high point of the comic, low of a bar as that is. It'll be all downhill after it's over.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Cat Mattress posted:

If he had wanted to kill Celesto, then Celesto would have gotten a vision and he couldn't have snuck upon Celesto.
You know, as dumb as that is, I can't argue with that. It makes sense through Mookie logic. What is that? Homestuck?

YF-23 posted:

I think with the call-out he might have realised that he hosed up and wrote the ink witch as a gross abuser, and he's mad at himself that he did that to a character he wants to gently caress. The meandering since is because he doesn't know how to deal with that.

Pyrotoad posted:

As usual, Mookie is too stupid to understand why certain tropes exist or why they become genre conventions. It's exactly like in "star power," where he says "why are the faceless minions who work in prisons always killed by the bad guy when they escape to show how dangerous the villain is? Instead, I'll have the villain be immediately and effortlessly cut down by random npcs the second they try to do anything, so my main character is wholly superfluous and the villain no longer seems like a credible threat!"

The reason shonen animes have parents be dead, evil, or frozen in ice is so they can't solve all the main's problems. But since Dominic already obviates conflict the second it's introduced, it's not much of a change when Donovan or Miranda obviate conflict the second it's introduced for him.

The Little Death posted:

Case in Point

Chapter 10 Esctasy and Evil Part 8
'
i hate this set-up. Demon stories work best when they lead people to their own ruin, but Mookie's description make is sound more like Karnak infected Szark with evil. The idea of Szark's soul being Karnak's is bad because Karnak imposed the change on Szark. Admittedly this is personal preference but I really hate when people take that element out of stories like this.
Not petty at all, that's the whole point of telling a faust story. If the demon can just grab souls from random people then there's no narrative weight to it, it's like being bitten by a mosquito.

quote:

Dominic is very judgy about his mom's sex life.
Mominic can't have had other boyfriends before Donovan, that would make her a filthy sexhaver and Mookie would need to move her from the Madonna box to the whore box. Can't have that.

quote:

So here's the thing. I'm uncomfortable with the way Mookie syllogizes bloodlust with general perversion. Given Szark's status as the only LGBT character (except that one trans character who pops up to show Mookie's acceptance of trans people much later on), and given the depraved bisexual trope, this feels particularly uncomfortable. It just totally links his desire for dominic with a desire for murder.
It's super gross and it only grows worse with time. I can't wait to get to the fencing school arc.

quote:

I love these recap strips, as if repeating what just happens in any way justifies how lazy and random it was.
Mookie admits in more than one blog post that he does these to remind himself what's going on and as filler because he doesn't plan anything out. I love "Dominic's not godmode, he got a headache after he destroyed a demon lord with one casting of 'gently caress You See the Truth!' he's a fair and balanced character"

quote:

Again, Szark is off to the church for penance, gives his money up, an easy wrap up that basically uses his money to absolve Szark of any blame. Mookie does try to make Szark a bit of a tortured figure, but mostly him being gay for Dominic is what he will be from this point on.
So the one queer character is stripped of all his worldly possessions and then goes to a church for therapy to help him sublimate his unnatural urges from one thing into another. To convert them if you will. Nothing homophobic here! Everyone loved this ending in "Merchant of Venice."

Great update. This arc is worse than I remember it. I forgot all this Karnak poo poo was in the Erossus storyline.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Invisible Clergy posted:

Great update. This arc is worse than I remember it. I forgot all this Karnak poo poo was in the Erossus storyline.

Yeah I had totally forgotten that this was a) where Karnak is introduced and b) where the infernomancer attacks Miranda's school and where he's banished to the shadowrealm. That happened way sooner than I though.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Was any of that stuff about Luna’s sister not being completely evil ever alluded to in the strips that got skipped over, or is this the first time we the audience found out about her work on behalf of the city’s prostitutes? If it’s the latter, then that’s yet another bit of wasted potential for nuance by explaining her motivations for everything that she was behind in this arc. Even if the end result’s the same, you could maybe throw in something like “all of Szark’s rich opponents were also known to be awful to the brothels” to give her something beyond wanting their money.

...Actually, hell, is it just me, or do an awful lot of the women villains/antagonists have really simplistic goals compared to their male counterparts? Because the two we’ve seen so far had the exact same plan (“drive loved one to suicide and get rich”). Sure, TIM’s motivations aren’t much better, but at least they’re something other than “bitches want money”.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

Was any of that stuff about Luna’s sister not being completely evil ever alluded to in the strips that got skipped over, or is this the first time we the audience found out about her work on behalf of the city’s prostitutes? If it’s the latter, then that’s yet another bit of wasted potential for nuance by explaining her motivations for everything that she was behind in this arc. Even if the end result’s the same, you could maybe throw in something like “all of Szark’s rich opponents were also known to be awful to the brothels” to give her something beyond wanting their money.

...Actually, hell, is it just me, or do an awful lot of the women villains/antagonists have really simplistic goals compared to their male counterparts? Because the two we’ve seen so far had the exact same plan (“drive loved one to suicide and get rich”). Sure, TIM’s motivations aren’t much better, but at least they’re something other than “bitches want money”.

nope first time it's mentioned anywhere. You didn't even know the pleasure princesses were an organization and not just her until that strip.

Heliotrope
Aug 17, 2007

You're fucking subhuman
I remember most of the bad stuff, but it's fun how there's always something else I didn't remember - in this case, Dominic's "MOM, DID YOU gently caress KARNAK?!" poo poo.

Invisible Clergy posted:

You know, as dumb as that is, I can't argue with that. It makes sense through Mookie logic. What is that? Homestuck?

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President. The guy behind it puts an insane amount of thought behind how creatures, magic, and magic items work in the story. In this case the characters are trying to escape from someone who has a magic item that shows you how you'll die.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Comparing the amount of thought that Mookie and Thorsby put into their writing is like comparing a raindrop to the ocean.

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Actually I know recall a passage where Mookie retroactively character assassinates Amelia. So look forward to that.

Baller Ina
Oct 21, 2010

:whattheeucharist:

super sweet best pal posted:

Storm of Souls is probably the high point of the comic, low of a bar as that is. It'll be all downhill after it's over.

Even back as a dumb teen reading and enjoying DD I remember thinking "wait, after this epic save the world story, how will the comic keep going?" Turns out, poorly!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Little Death posted:

Actually I know recall a passage where Mookie retroactively character assassinates Amelia. So look forward to that.

How do you character assassinate someone with no character?

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

The Little Death posted:

Did Donovan buy penis jelly-beans? or what else could they be shaped like?
rear end-shaped jelly beans?

Zerilan posted:

Comparing the amount of thought that Mookie and Thorsby put into their writing is like comparing a raindrop to the ocean.
And you can't really even say the art in Thorsby's stuff is worse.

DamnitGannet
Apr 8, 2007

Szark got over his wife being murdered really fast.

Also jesus loving christ, those cops. It's the sex city so of course they cant have normal uniforms, they have to be really depraved and perverse so just put them in their underwear.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Regalingualius posted:

It's never mentioned after this either, so it's entirely pointless.

Like most shonen heroes being orphans, Mookie doesn't understand why the bad guy will usually try to justify their actions when being led away in handcuffs in front of the good guy, so his troper brain just includes it by rote since he sees it in the speculative mass media he consumes. Your standard cargo cult writing like everything else on display here.

quote:

It's not just you. This is consistent for the rest of the comic because Mookie hates women. Wait til the Snowsong arc.

Heliotrope posted:

I remember most of the bad stuff, but it's fun how there's always something else I didn't remember - in this case, Dominic's "MOM, DID YOU gently caress KARNAK?!" poo poo.

Trixie Slaughteraxe for President. The guy behind it puts an insane amount of thought behind how creatures, magic, and magic items work in the story. In this case the characters are trying to escape from someone who has a magic item that shows you how you'll die.
Oh, neat. I'll check it out. Thanks for the link. I like it when the creator puts at least as much thought into the magic system as the reader does. It's the whole point of spec fic. Sounds neat.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Thorsby's also completed a few other comics and they are all amazing convoluted stories that go insane places but are incredibly well thought out.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

I think the first time I read Dominic Deegan (in a previous mock thread) the "see the truth" panel just kind of stuck to my head. You have Karnak talking a big game, and Szark's evil side talking a big game, and in both cases Dominic basically just ignores everything they say and presses an "I win" button. Twice. Why even bother with the set up? Why show us the mindscape? Just skip from Dominic leaning into Szark to him getting pushed back with blood running from his nose! Instead of introducing a conflict that just gets resolved by the main character shouting "SEE THE TRUTH". In any normal comic that would have been the set-up for starting a fight sequence, not the killing blow.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Again, Mookie learned the wrong lesson from watching Professor X fight enemies in the Astral Plane on the 92 animated x-men series. They were fun to watch not because of the very end when he beat the bad guy, but because of the... fight that he went through with the bad guy when they used their imaginations to attack each other with swords and armor and swarms of mind bees or whatever. And sometimes Professor X lost, like when he tried to fight Dark Phoenix on the Astral Plane. He didn't enter Jean's mind and say "Time to put those mental blocks up, Miss Gray: gently caress YOU SEE THE TRUTH!" and shoot a stream of capellini out of a gem that magically appeared in the middle of his forehead.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

Heliotrope posted:

Just gonna quote this and say Trixie Slaughteraxe for President loving rules

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

I'm really enjoying it so far. It's such a refreshing surprise to see original monsters instead of dnd stuff. I like the attention to detail with the magic system too. I love the stupid last names everyone has. The continuous scroll mode is a godsend as well. I wish all webcomics had this option. Looks like it's pretty short so I should be done soon. Are his other comics in a shared universe or is there any particular order I ought to read them in?

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

They're not a shared universe.

Hitmen for Destiny is his longest one and it's my favourite. It's one of his earliest works and it's notably a lot rougher, but it feels like it's brimming with crazy ideas that Thorsby has been cooking up in his brain for years.

Accidental Space Spy and Transdimensional Brain Chip take some extremely wacky concepts to their most extreme possible conclusions, but they end up feeling a bit half-baked story-wise for me.

It's so hard to recommend Thorsby's comics to people because of the art, but they absolutely rule and the art even starts to grow on you.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

You know what, like FuegoFish said, while good art can't save bad writing, good writing can mitigate bad art. I'm reading these for the humor and magic puzzles, so I don't really care if the humans are stiffly posed ms paint turnarounds. Even with whatever limitations are imposed by the program he's using to draw, I'm digging these nonhuman races and monsters and stuff. They're very imaginative. If the others are like this, I'm game. I'd probably like to go shortest to longest if you can eyeball that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The shortest one is Lies, Sisters and Wives, which is just a 35 page comical farce.
Transdimensional Brain chip is the next shortest at 188 pages, then it goes Trixie, Accidental Space Spy and finally Hitmen for Destiny.