Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3
I'm good either way. Thanks a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse
With a better artist or storyteller I'd be tempted to call this deliberate repetition

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I think the issue people had was that when they all get posted on Sunday there's nothing to talk about for the rest of the week. But the individual pages are so devoid of content they can't even sustain conversation between updates. What is a Dominic Deegan fan supposed to discuss about a page that just recaps last week and reuses visuals from 10 pages ago? Then Wednesday is a half-action between Monday and Friday, with one thing happening on Friday. The past few weeks Mookie's been weird as gently caress so Friday's usually been interesting in a "What the hell was he thinking" way, so you just kinda sit and wait for Friday's page.

Could just post them one day at a time as a nice middle ground.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

By the way, I happened upon something that explains why I think Corpsemommy might be black:

Left: white person (well, light skinned white Brazilian). Right: black person. The rounded nose, the curly hair, and the SLIGHT bit of shading on the forehead are the only things that indicate it.

Corpsemommy looks a lot like this Dr. Lightman drawing, so... Yeah, I still think she might be black.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Good point. Makes her position in the story even more uncomfortable, if that’s possible.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Her nose has also completely changed from its initial appearance. In her first close up she has the same nose as everyone else but her recent close ups it's noticeably bigger.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
The lack of content is why I think posting the whole week at once is fine. It basically takes 3 pages to even remotely have enough content to discuss.

Also means TLD's archive trawl can be done mid-week without a drip feed of NuDeegan interrupting the poo poo that is at least interestingly bad enough to talk about.

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
I used the timemachine because there's really nothing ever to say and otherwise this thread is just going to die and pop back up like... a few hours once a week.

... although I don't have anything to say other than that he has to be doing this on purpose, but the this is still basically spinning his wheels and going nowhere.

Stahlgeist
Nov 19, 2009
Seems like folks are generally in favour of posting the rest of the week, so I'll go ahead here.

As I implied a page ago, that second page is straight up lifting panels from his comic on September 23rd:

At least he took the time to flip them around! She punched Snout so hard she gave him a Spider-Man 3 makeover.

Stahlgeist fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Nov 2, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Haha, so loving lazy, he even reused the panel borders. Can't wait until that page goes up on Friday and he inevitably BRAGS about it on Twitter.

Anyway, now Snout is in an abusive relationship. Hooray! Surely this will be handled thoughtfully!

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
"The ink witch wasn't abusive, this is abusive!"

The Ink Witch was still abusive, Snout being a magnet for abusive people doesn't absolve her.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

She punched the highlights out of his hair.

Happy Landfill
Feb 26, 2011

I don't understand but I've also heard much worse

PoptartsNinja posted:

"The ink witch wasn't abusive, this is abusive!"

The Ink Witch was still abusive, Snout being a magnet for abusive people doesn't absolve her.

Oh god this is where it's headed, isn't it?

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

What the hell was the point of that

I know I say this every week
But like
Seriously

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
"But what if...woman punch man?"

The audience breaks into deafening applause. Eisners come pouring from the rafters. All the girls who rejected Mookie in high school apologize.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
We have no evidence that the new mommy even has the intelligence or knowledge of an adult either right? Or even the capacity to communicate or consent?

This is somehow boring, disgusting and shameful even for Mookies standards

FlocksOfMice
Feb 3, 2009
Oh my god, mookie, no, you can reuse things when they make it more expedient or whatever, like, reusing a background or a generic standing pose maybe, but you can't reuse an action image a few pages later. That's, that's just admitting that you've got nothing new to add with this entire week's worth of pages.

Why is he like this? Someone please help him.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

What a loving hack.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Mookie is quickly degenerating into Buckley. This owns.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

FlocksOfMice posted:

Oh my god, mookie, no, you can reuse things when they make it more expedient or whatever, like, reusing a background or a generic standing pose maybe, but you can't reuse an action image a few pages later. That's, that's just admitting that you've got nothing new to add with this entire week's worth of pages.

With this recycled action scene and Monday’s recap being recycled Mookie only drew one page this week.

And he probably traced most of Wednesday.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

FlocksOfMice posted:

One person on Twitter agreed with him that it's ok so he's going full speed ahead

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Rotten Red Rod posted:

One person on Twitter agreed with him that it's ok so he's going full speed ahead

Hm, maybe echo chambers are bad for some people.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

This is all real gross on several levels but my eye keeps getting drawn to corpsemomwife being sullen over her existence and Snout's response being dopey uwu offering a hug to her like that

its just like...maximum softboy gross if that makes any sense

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
Is it still abuse if Snout actually deserves it?

Yes it is.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Billy Gnosis posted:

We have no evidence that the new mommy even has the intelligence or knowledge of an adult either right? Or even the capacity to communicate or consent?

This is somehow boring, disgusting and shameful even for Mookies standards

At this point it’s unclear the degree to which she has object permanence.

To be fair, the same is true of Snout.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Still don't understand why she's constantly 100% nude.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Like not even a modesty thing, generally people like to cover themselves up to protect themselves from the elements.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

So Mookie can punch the clown while he wears his ctrl, c, and v keys down to nubs. It's why he's recycling his waste more nowadays. Looks like he's already failed no-nut November.

GreenMetalSun
Oct 12, 2012
Just chiming in to say Corpse Bride is 100% intended to be black, and I'm guessing her hair is supposed to kinky and/or dreds. Look at her hair in comparison to Snout's.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Yeah, that much is clear. Mookie is probably patting himself on the back for "writing diversity" or similar.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

A couple pages back, but it's really annoying how Mookie can't just own up to the fact that he wrote a bad guy with the Ink Witch and is now either retconning poo poo even though it makes no sense (Arudak being the one to send messages in Snout's dreams) or making other people do worse poo poo so the Ink Witch looks better in comparison (Corpsewife physically assaulting Snout). I kind of sort of like Arudak, being the only somewhat decent person in the comic who also has good reason to hate the Ink Witches, so this new reveal sucks.

Also, isn't Corpsewife's soul actually gone, and the one currently occupying her body is that mongrel who had half their flesh torn off? It's really weird that Snout and her have been travelling and that hasn't been addressed at all, not even Snout showing Corpsewife her old body to jog her memories or something.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Skin peeler’s corpse disintegrated right as they got out, so that one was out

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

amigolupus posted:

Also, isn't Corpsewife's soul actually gone, and the one currently occupying her body is that mongrel who had half their flesh torn off? It's really weird that Snout and her have been travelling and that hasn't been addressed at all, not even Snout showing Corpsewife her old body to jog her memories or something.

...You know, that combined with the way she was looking at herself before flipping out, makes me wonder if this is going to turn into a ham-handed trans metaphor.

In which case...yikes.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I mentioned that possibility earlier, but seeing as how that mongrel wasn't quite dead and given the text says she's a "clean slate," I think it was just his life force that was used to create her, and no part of his actual mind or personality.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think my favorite thing is due to how he draws hair, her being covered in scars might just be her being really hairy.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Until these last few images, I'd also assumed she was hairy, as neither depiction nor plot gave me any information on how she got those scars.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
I like that all the questions surrounding the corpsewife aren't set up by the narrative but by incompetence.

Is she black? Is she hairy? Covered in scars? Is this a clumsy, offensive trans narrative? The only answer Mookie has is a "Well you'll find out when Snout does :smug:"

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
If she is meant to be black, and this is Mookie so of course she is, it's pretty :yikes: to have her just fly into random violent outbursts

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Who What Now posted:

If she is meant to be black, and this is Mookie so of course she is, it's pretty :yikes: to have her just fly into random violent outbursts

He hasn't learned anything in nearly two decades. I feel like just giving up on this completely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Who What Now posted:

And eternally naked, too. There's all sorts of layers here and none of them are good.