Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
:lol:

Come to think of it, I wonder if it's going to be treated as a big, world-ending deal that a single page is damaged? Unless the rest of the writing is vague and disconnected, the other pages should give context for whatever the hell Dominic was trying to do. Or is this one of those situations where they need everything to be intact because magic?

also: right in the snout

(yes it's late but I had this image in my mind and just didn't have the time to make it reality)

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

MiracleFlare posted:

also: right in the snout

(yes it's late but I had this image in my mind and just didn't have the time to make it reality)
There's no such thing as late when it's :perfect:

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
We're quickly approaching anti-humor.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

poo poo, now he'll have to accidentally find another way to easily accomplish his pointless goal with no effort.

Also, there's only 5 pages total? It's not a book, it's a poster, apparently.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Why does this poster exist

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Maybe the pagefinder should move onto some tissue paper.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Mors Rattus posted:

Why does this poster exist

For the upcoming Major Motion Picture.

That had approximately $11 to spend on marketing.

MiracleFlare
Mar 27, 2012
Oh, so suddenly pagefinder can't track pages in the Wild Edge, when it's convenient for drama!

And I take back what I said, one destroyed page out of five is admittedly a big deal. But also, what the hell was this originally that was only five pages? A letter, maybe?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

TheHan posted:

I don't know why, but I'm willing to give him the paper magically finding snout and magically knowing Snout's motivations, but magically being able to discern where the next pages are in sequential order? A bridge too far.

Edit: Like if the book these pages were from was magic and the pagefinder was the index? I could accept that. Something about it being one spell that does a plethora of things is frustrating.

I think the implausible part is not that the pagefinder finds them in sequential order, but that their locations are in sequential order.

Presumably it goes for whatever the closest page is, because that would be most sensible...it just so happens that the closest page is also apparently the next page in the sequence, for reasons.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

oriongates posted:

I think the implausible part is not that the pagefinder finds them in sequential order, but that their locations are in sequential order.

Presumably it goes for whatever the closest page is, because that would be most sensible...it just so happens that the closest page is also apparently the next page in the sequence, for reasons.

Yes, that's exactly it. It feels even more ridiculous remembering that these weren't even bound pages in a book, but a satchel full of papers.

Of course Mookie could still slam dunk on all of us with a last minute reveal that the pages aren't in the right order, and when Snout re-arranges it we find out Dominic was committing some kind of magical atrocity.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

God drat it Mookie

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1182339842946019330

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

lmao you necrophiliac

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
who needs nostrils anyway

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

She looks like a female Delgo.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

That librarian must be sick of him by now.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If the ultimate message of this new run is “public libraries rule” then you know what keep on drawing poo poo comics, Mookie.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Because I'm ins anely petty I looked at the first time he visited that library and check the number of rows on the shelves:

Guess funding's down at the moment.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Can I just say that while that library is a neat setpiece, having the books out there exposed to the elements is a terrible idea?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Mikl posted:

Can I just say that while that library is a neat setpiece, having the books out there exposed to the elements is a terrible idea?

ESPECIALLY given that a few pages beforehand dr robotnik was creating madly powerful gusts of wind

which I guess the library was lucky enough to have avoided, otherwise Snout would be picking all the books off the floor.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Mikl posted:

Don't be so clothes-minded.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mikl posted:

the books are magically protected from damage by magick from the Wild Edge! obviously

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
The Ubrarē

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Oct 14, 2019

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Oh boy. The protagonist goes to the library. This is riveting.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Of all the half baked locales in Dominic Deegan the Wild Edge is the most boring. Which is why I assume we’re never leaving it over the course of this story.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

TheHan posted:

Of all the half baked locales in Dominic Deegan the Wild Edge is the most boring. Which is why I assume we’re never leaving it over the course of this story.

There are locales in Dominic Deegan? I thought it was all in the White Void.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There was that fish place. The dwarf island. Uh, DOWN TOWN EROSSUS.

Wait those were all white voids.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There a subtle but important differences. Like that magic explodes in the Wild Edge. Just like testicles in the Dwarven Lands

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Tesseraction posted:

There was that fish place. The dwarf island. Uh, DOWN TOWN EROSSUS.

Wait those were all white voids.

I only recently realized that Eros = Erossus.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They come in 5 types like Magic cards: Town, Grasslands, Mindscape, Snow World, Rocky World

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

I only recently realized that Eros = Erossus.

Yeah it's like Erotic Colossus or something. At least back then he had the excuse of being a young idiot, but his later fictional places had equally lovely names and backgrounds. Like the werewolf realm which was yet another white void, but this time the white void is because of SNOW.

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

The concept of Horny City as a fantasy locale is actually the best idea in all of Dominic Deegan. It's like a city, but horny.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Libra posted:

The concept of Horny City as a fantasy locale is actually the best idea in all of Dominic Deegan. It's like a city, but horny.

I mean it made sense for a living orgy town, it just later apparently became separated into "Normal Erossus" where people were just big titty and then "Down Town Erossus" that metaphorically crushed Gregory Deegan with a hammer.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I decided to only post Mookie's Twitter drawings if they really suck or are cringey as hell.

Unfortunately this time it means I'm posting all of his drawings since the last ones.

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1183729487663550466

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1183185040748007429

https://twitter.com/mookiebean/status/1183402128355811330

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

https://vocaroo.com/i/s07Z48HuAWmx

From the old mock thread.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!

Snout...come on, you know you can't use context clues here? And it sounds like it's about to be revealed that the pagefinder spell is something more, but I can't think of what it could be that would have any meaning to the audience...unless...

Mikl posted:

Plot twist: the paper is actually Dominic Deegan.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

So, like, how often is "lost pages" a problem for anyone

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Why does an open air library in the middle of nowhere have every book Snout needs. Jesus christ I hate Mookie's stupid loving lazy worldbuilding.

This is so boring that I'm mad about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

TheHan posted:

Snout...come on, you know you can't use context clues here? And it sounds like it's about to be revealed that the pagefinder spell is something more, but I can't think of what it could be that would have any meaning to the audience...unless...

A) List not in alphabetical order

B) Love my geography books that are just big lists of place names (Aberthast Cathedral is a region apparently) with no page numbers or anything that would indicate it's an index

C) standard Deegan nonsense plot exposition. It's a twist! I'm sure every other spell in there mentions whether or not it can talk too.The only reason that inclusion makes sense is because we know this version of the spell talks, but from the description, the normal spell is like a magic HUD which no one would assume has an intelligence behind it to talk anyway. It's like specifying that a compass cannot communicate in any other language than pointing arrows.

Beelzebufo fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Oct 15, 2019