Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Maxwell Lord posted:

Hey, something vaguely resembling conflict!

Can't wait to see how Mookie heads this off.

They will all sleep in the same bed and somehow end up naked. This will make them forget the conflict as they suddenly realize how awkward that is, unlike before, via the addition of old weird ork.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

evilmiera posted:

They will all sleep in the same bed and somehow end up naked. This will make them forget the conflict as they suddenly realize how awkward that is, unlike before, via the addition of old weird ork.

What will orcdick look like?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

YF-23 posted:

Yeah, this shifts the problem from "character that is doing bad and shady poo poo is also unquestionably good" to "snout is a stupid protagonist that is not keeping pace with the audience". The only way to really save this is if Snout responds with "I know".

Now I'm just imagining this going full Code Geass S2 with everyone going "aha, I knew your were going to do that and so I did X" at the end of each episode only for the next episode to start with "aha, I knew you would expect me to do that and do X, so I did Y."

Rinse and repeat.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Tesseraction posted:

Now I'm just imagining this going full Code Geass S2 with everyone going "aha, I knew your were going to do that and so I did X" at the end of each episode only for the next episode to start with "aha, I knew you would expect me to do that and do X, so I did Y."

Rinse and repeat.

I can't wait for an endless supply of this:

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Boss, if they make us find seven lost crystals, I'm quitting.

At this point I'm only here for the potential of some gay stuff to happen.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Safari Disco Lion posted:

At this point I'm only here for the potential of some gay stuff to happen.

You will be disappointed, because Mookie is a homophobic piece of trash, who wrote exactly one gay named character in Dominic Deegan (Szark, who is gay.) There was one other gay character, a golem butler who Szark flirted with. I know textually Szark was bisexual in his introduction, but Mookie immediately abandoned this. He did nothing but embody harmful stereotypes. I kind of hope he's done drinking from that well. But I'm probably hoping in vain. I wonder if their balls will touch while they're making an ink witch inkwich.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Szark was cured of his bisexuality when he redeemed himself.

Wait, he went to a monastery to reform himself didn't he? Did he undergo conversion therapy?

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Ague Proof posted:

Szark was cured of his bisexuality when he redeemed himself.

Wait, he went to a monastery to reform himself didn't he? Did he undergo conversion therapy?

He was immediately cured of his bisexuality when it was revealed his wife, one of Luna's evil sisters, was plotting to kill him. He never pursued another woman again. Szark was never evil, his wife goaded wealthy tourists into challenging Szark to duels for her hand. He would kill them in duels (legal in Erossus) to soothe the pain from his cursed wound, and due to how the laws work in Erossus, he then claims the wealth from the loser. Once she was killed with her rear end in the air, he immediately stopped doing this.

This is the arc where he was introduced, so this is why I don't count him as bisexual rep, not just because he's bad. It was years before he went to a monastery. The reason he want to that monastery was to master his curse that made him thirst for blood in order to soothe the pain he experienced from his cursed wound. Through meditation and tai chi and crap (no prayer or anything like that) he managed to conquer this handicap and it never came up again. I know you were joking about conversion therapy, but his time sequestered in the monastery actually managed to make him gayer, and not because he was blowing the monks. His time in the monastery (which was a very long time, but we only saw him once or twice there in montage) was spent writing love letters to Dominic about the adventures they'd go on together once he got better and telling him how well the treatment was going.

Invisible Clergy fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 3, 2020

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

You will be disappointed, because Mookie is a homophobic piece of trash, who wrote exactly one gay named character in Dominic Deegan (Szark, who is gay.) There was one other gay character, a golem butler who Szark flirted with. I know textually Szark was bisexual in his introduction, but Mookie immediately abandoned this. He did nothing but embody harmful stereotypes. I kind of hope he's done drinking from that well. But I'm probably hoping in vain. I wonder if their balls will touch while they're making an ink witch inkwich.

Oh I'm fully aware of all this. I just want to see the train wreck as it happens.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

evilmiera posted:

The sad thing is that there’s a non-zero chance this winds up going in the same direction as Stranger in a Strange Land.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

Safari Disco Lion posted:

Oh I'm fully aware of all this. I just want to see the train wreck as it happens.
Ok, cool. I'm right there with you tbh.

Regalingualius posted:

The sad thing is that there’s a non-zero chance this winds up going in the same direction as Stranger in a Strange Land.

If this comic ends with everyone else cannibalizing Snout, I will take back every bad thing I've ever said about Mookie.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

So the Ink Witch didn’t actually lie about anything. Arudak gave all the same answers except explained how they make her look like an rear end in a top hat.

Safari Disco Lion
Jul 21, 2011

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

TheHan posted:

So the Ink Witch didn’t actually lie about anything. Arudak gave all the same answers except explained how they make her look like an rear end in a top hat.
Which makes her reaction even dumber, to be honest.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
We know she's a liar because she lied to Snout about being a spell.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
If she's trying to get out of ţe olde Wilde Edge, why did she pick the one guide who's clearly never been more than ten feet away from his house and knows less about the place than she does?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
I love it when people who are accused of being liars immediately try and cover up the accusation and inflict violence upon the accuser. Because using violence to stifle accusations of wrongdoing is what heroes do!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

TheHan posted:

Real shame Arudak decided to arm the ink witch further by dumping an entire ink well onto those pages.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
At least things are happening?

Edit: And by this I mean "I last checked in on the thread a month ago and at least the plot has forward this time."

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 05:18 on May 4, 2020

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Wait, so... All Ink Witches share that trait she has? Are Ink Witches some kind of hive mind? Is that why the lack of name?

PMush Perfect posted:

At least things are happening?

Edit: And by this I mean "I last checked in on the thread a month ago and at least the plot has forward this time."

Nothing of consequence

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Wait, so... All Ink Witches share that trait she has? Are Ink Witches some kind of hive mind? Is that why the lack of name?
I'm going to assume ink witches only teach ink witchcraft to people who fit their value system. It'd be funnier if they were all clones, though.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

PoptartsNinja posted:

If she's trying to get out of ţe olde Wilde Edge, why did she pick the one guide who's clearly never been more than ten feet away from his house and knows less about the place than she does?

Maybe the truth... is in the middle...

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

PoptartsNinja posted:

I’m not sure why she’d need him at all. She had/has a ship/spell capable of flight. And those pages were worth fuckall.

Glad to come back after my short break to an argument carried out in a book for a deaf idiot.
In this comic with “no dialogue”.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean she managed to crash her ship just looking for some pages. She needed a guide of any description just in case she managed to crash again. Which is likely to happen even without a ship.

Maybe ink witches are all just ink poured from the same well, so to speak. Like some kinda grey goo AI amalgamation.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

She probably knows he's a seer or something.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
It’d be funny if this was Mookie’s way of making the orc racist against the white woman. “oh you ink witches are all the same!” But feels a lot more like he’s setting it up for our perfectly bland boy to be the centrist voice of reason.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I would bet money the existence of ink witches plural was decided in the last page or two

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

the yeti posted:

I would bet money the existence of ink witches plural was decided in the last page or two

Nah pretty sure she mentioned it was an order of witches a while ago.

Mentioned. In this comic without dialogue.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nah pretty sure she mentioned it was an order of witches a while ago.

Mentioned. In this comic without dialogue.

Fair enough, I am definitely not paying too close attention :shobon:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Toalpaz posted:

I love it when people who are accused of being liars immediately try and cover up the accusation and inflict violence upon the accuser. Because using violence to stifle accusations of wrongdoing is what heroes do!

it's a fakeout. She's going to use the ink to yell at Arudak in a way that's Legally Distinct From Dialogue.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

She's going to reveal that Arudak is a former ink witch himself, hence his ability to dispel the page finder and whatnot.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Snout’s expression in the final panel can only be described as ‘vacant muppet’

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Nighthand posted:

She's going to reveal that Arudak is a former ink witch himself, hence his ability to dispel the page finder and whatnot.

Nah, he's a watercolor warlock

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?
he actually practices acrylic astrology

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

I think you'll find he's a tempera telepath

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
My money's on Crayola Conjurer.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Marker Mage, maybe?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Blackwater Mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text