Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Skimming, I read the dialog in the first panel as: “Where are you going? We’re badly drawn.”

And I was like, “You got that right Luna.”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
I dunno what it says about me, but I’m genuinely excited to see how bad this can get.

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?
Comic redeemed!

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

Twelve by Pies posted:

Well that was gross and uncomfortable to look at.

e: oh gently caress the "preview" Mookie posted in those Twitter panels isn't part of this update, that means there's at least one more page of this poo poo

Everybody ready for a week of grossly-rendered sex that doesn’t move the plot at all? :D

Spookyelectric
Jul 5, 2007

Who's there?

rudecyrus posted:

CHAPTER 28: B.Y.O.B. (cont.)

Spoilers: This is Taz MaDara and he'll join Greg's band, meaning we have two sons of famous band members forming their own thing. Doesn't reek of nepotism at all, and it seriously feels like Mookie's saying talent is inherited.

I’m late with this observation so I apologize, but…

The rock club Mookie put here, “Cee-Jay Bee-Jays,” is likely a take on real world famous rock venue CBGB’s. (Pronounced “See Bee Gee Bees.”)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/CBGB

It’s a very important place in the history of punk rock, new wave, and hardcore. It helped break The Ramones, Blonde, and a lot of other such bands in the 80s.

Mookie must at least have a passing knowledge of the club’s importance, but I find it intriguing that he would (apparently) criticize one of the most important historical venues for punk rock as being too emo or glam. Then again, if this entire arc was just a reaction to Greenday, maybe that explains that.