Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Did she just grow a whole head taller?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I can’t get over the fact that Snout shaves with a ruler.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

In fairness to the Cool S, it predates Stussy and we still have no idea where it came from originally.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Guy who owns a surfwear company.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

super sweet best pal posted:

How does everyone here come up with names? I just stare at the screen and think of random syllables until something sounds right.

Grug... bor. Lord Grugbor. Of... Blade... gyre. Lord Grugbor of Bladegyre! Now there's an Orc king I'd gladly follow into battle.

For my writing? Baby naming sites, mostly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Roman Reigns posted:

Orc Vietnam more like, since I think the war memorial for that is what Mookie is inspired by.

...I want to see what orc vietnam looks like.

Google Vietnamese landscape and pick the third result, then trace it.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Save her from…what, exactly? Like, is he planning to resurrect her?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Choosing a name is a sacred thing, and that is why we gather here today to celebrate your decision to name yourself in dealing with other people, gokunaruto420

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

FlocksOfMice posted:

God help me if I eviscerate someone and while I'm trying to get off to their intestines I see a POOPIE.

fun fact: people tend to poo poo themselves when killed

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He thinks it’s flirty.

You know, flirtation like “name me, daddy”

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

'Squish' lol

is he actually sleeping with them or do they just kinda curl up like a bunch of ferrets together

If they were loving there’d be a much bigger focus on it happening.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I’m just, like…I’m baffled. You ask literally any human being to come up with a list of nicknames, how is there one that provides that one? How is Mookie?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We’ve seen how female sexuality gets heavily punished in original DD. I don’t think Mookie’s moved beyond that, so the women can’t initiate. And we’ve seen his utter terror of drawing hard dicks and obsession with being a softboy in new DD and his other art. So Snout can’t initiate. Dude has a lot of very clear weird hang ups about sex.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Dammerung posted:

Ah, how quickly we forget to remember that the character who will (probably) soon be named "Cuddler" loves to initiate physical intimacy!

Yes, but not sex. Important distinction.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

There are quite a lot of non-human species in this setting but all of them are basically just humans with a hat on. (As are non-Callanian human cultures, like the Semashi. Everyone gets a hat.)

The orc hat is being "vegetarian" and heavily coded Native American.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Sadly, that kind of madonna-whore complex is not rare.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, seriously, don’t. Please do not stalk Mookie’s patreon.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

No, the others are off screen and nothing off screen exists.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

We've already established the most important bit of character development, which is that Snout does not give even half a poo poo about any of his supposed friends and is more interested in rubbing himself on a window.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Yeah, it’s definitely going to be all this week, since he does them in one week batches and nothing ever advances except at the end.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The entirety of Mookie Morality is that anything is fine as long as you do it to a Bad person.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Still loving that at no point does Mookie or Snout ever think of the possibility of interacting with the people nearby who are theoretically his friends.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

I mean, Snout was full on submerged, and they dove in, so like... How did he not smash his head on the lake floor if it's only a foot and a half deep

Mookie.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

The label is now sewn to his chest hair.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Calling it now, it’s his zombie girlfriend and he has to save her from the necromancy hair vine.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Did Mookie not post a Monday comic this week?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

SubG posted:

Are you thinking of Day by Day, the one where the author's self-insert is a grizzled former SpecOps sniper married to a redheaded half Japanese half Irish waifu? It got banned from the various comic threads for getting rapey, but I don't think it was ever published anywhere but online.

Excuse me, it’s half Japanese and VERY Irish.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Well, her good kids.

I’m not sure she ever so much as speaks to Jacob.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

He didn’t have a first name so he wasn’t really a person so Mookie doesn’t have to feel sad he died.

And so neither does anyone else.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

You know what’s great here?

Arudak’s the one who decided they should talk to this lady. They know each other. And in all the time they have, she apparently has not told him about his girlfriend loving someone else until now, because…???

Like his quest to resurrect his girlfriend seems to be no secret, so she probably knew already?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Yeah I'm pretty firmly in the "many things are not disabilities, but made so by society, accessibility, government, etc" camp myself. It's more that nothing about the characters ever interacts with or is affected by the world. Snout will never give a monologue about why he chose not to drink a magical hearing potion, because Mookie has never thought about deafness outside of a hook (to promptly drop) for the comic and a sympathy detail for Snout.

He literally tried to drink a magic hearing potion, it just turned out to be earwax remover.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

TheHan posted:

It's gotta be due to incompetence, no way he ever reads through these archives or remembers what happened so he wouldn't even notice something got cut out. And this new webcomic plugin he uses is so terrible that I can believe it just dropped pages.

Also if it were deliberate he wouldn’t do it silently.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I am still giggling over the reason there’s nudity in the comic now - he thought that he went over the top on violence for old Deegan and wanted to show more wholesome nudity instead.

And the end result is equally gratuitous, pointless and ugly.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

All I know is the recap is about to start the cruise and there is no arc in old Deegan I find funnier.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Because Good Boy Snout cannot become erect, as that would not be Good.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I think the biggest thing I hate about the elves is the decision he made to randomly not capitalize letters in their words. Because, like, I have no idea what that's supposed to sound like. He writes in all-caps and then these letters aren't and how the gently caress is the ready supposed to parse that? Like the apostrophes in random fantasy novels at least can be parsed as glottal stops or clicks.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I can’t really tell his body hair from the mud.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Happy Landfill posted:

It could be entertaining to watch him react to the dumb poo poo

...until things get unspeakably boring

So about five minutes?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I want to know what he thinks that soul patch stitch is for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Also, Mookie gets to tell us how much he loves the idea of short girls with big titties.