Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't even realize that was supposed to be blood. I thought her dress was all moldy and falling apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

Rotten Red Rod posted:

There are locales in Dominic Deegan? I thought it was all in the White Void.

https://vocaroo.com/i/s07Z48HuAWmx

From the old mock thread.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Synthbuttrange posted:

No luck with the street market. Everything there looks so blobby though that he's probably freehanded it, possibly explaining the gigantic loving hay-bale the woman is handling?

"Middle eastern bazaar" results in a lot of pictures that look very similar. He might have combined several references.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why does pulling his tail cause him to bend backwards, not forwards?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Hostile V posted:

This page reads as white noise that instead makes me think about the Rambo credits where they dedicate the film to the Mujahideen.

That's an urban legend, actually. The film was dedicated to "the gallant people of Afghanistan." Some people have claimed that it was changed after 9/11, but reviews at the time mention the dedication.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
He bites the tentacle thing in one place, and then it sewers in a completely different location. How the hell does that work? His teeth didn't even seem to penetrate the skin.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I think the idea is that the other dwarf perceives her as ugly because he is used to bearded women, not that she is literally shapeshifting in front of him.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

super sweet best pal posted:

The problem with the theory is he's seen beardless women before, even tried to pay the protagonist for sex. This isn't metaphor.

Fair point, but the alternative doesn't make any sense either. Why would a shapeshifter reveal her true nature to this guy? Why doesn't her husband notice the shapeshifting when he is standing right there? I guess we'll have to wait for Mookie's explanation.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also, if she is a trog, why isn't he going "omg, a trog!", given that all dwarves know about trogs and are taught to suspect women of being disguised trogs?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
This is how troglodytes were portrayed when first introduced:

No boob tentacles, but I guess shapeshifters could have them if they wanted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zereth posted:

Which involves the killer lying in their own thoughts, a move which makes no sense unless they know that the player is controlling them and thus listening to those thoughts, and I don't think the game gets that meta. And the killer goes to places and does things that make little sense for them to do if they're the killer, too.

I agree with most of the criticism of Heavy Rain, but I'm going to defend the twist just at little bit: A lot of people forget that the latest Origami Killer murder turns out to be done by a copycat, the failson of the rich dude. Shelby genuinely is investigating a murder and trying to catch a killler, just not the one you think. That's why his thoughts are about how disturbed he is by the latest murder - he knows he didn't do it. It's still silly that he never thinks about being the real Origami Killer, but none of his thoughts are outright lies.

SimonChris fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Apr 10, 2024