Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

Roman Reigns posted:

I know it's Mookie's style not to plan out pages ahead of time, but I'm wondering now if he even planned out how this story will end.

And ruin the surprise?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Snout's what now?

What's so kind about sitting around being upset that nobody's paying attention to you because you're useless and have nothing to contribute, then wandering off because you couldn't handle other people fixing a problem without your input?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Snout is as kind as he is curious.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
DEAF

Sorry, it just bothers me every time. It's like Mookie got embarrassed trying to talk to a deaf person once and thinks everyone with a disability should be forced to advertise it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Instead, the only thing we really know about the Redactor from her actual appearance is that she seemed upset that The Ink Witch was abusing Snout (she appeared almost immediately after Mookie was called out for how creepy that relationship was) and tried to arrest her.

For all we've seen, the Redditor and Slappy McFist were actually cops.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Who is Ethelia?

Mosley. :tinfoil:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
He Awooed in grief and all werewolves know that could only mean his girlfriend cheated on him.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Facebath.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Really, Mookie?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's pretty easy. Callan is 1:1 the United States in the early 2000s, except where it explicitly isn't.

"Callan has fired the army, from now on Battle Hackers will be Callan's main fighting force!"

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Remember, this isn't pre-planned.

If Mookie didn't do these recap pages he wouldn't have any idea what was happening either.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's pretty straightforward:

Snout: Martyr Complex Mookie
Arudak: "Nobody Understands Me" Loner Mookie
Arudak's Dead Wife: A sexy lamp
Ink Witch: A sexy lamp with a post-it note stuck on combined with Mookie's nostalgia for the early 2000s "con scene" (esp. glomping). In other words, she's Mookie's desire for external validation.
Kaneda: A sexy lamp, TETSUOOOOOOOOOOOO
Redactor: Mookie's critics
Palm Strike: Mookie's latest 'evil party' D&D character

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 25, 2021

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
And then someone asked Mookie on Twitter if she was supposed to be the bad guy and that's how we got the detour to the house on haunted hill.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I remain convinced that Snout's demeaning 'Deaf' tag exists because Mookie tried to talk to a deaf person once (probably back in high school), was mildly and/or publicly embarrassed, and thinks it would be good if people with inobvious disabilities wore tags publicly announcing their disability for all to see.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
"Oh no, Homewrecker blew up another house."

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Two comments, one of those replies is Mookie.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Dabir posted:

"Cuddler" is the loving nadir though so that's definitely what he'll go with

"Squish" is worse, it's short for "boob squish"

Of the options presented, she's most likely to wind up "Page" because it's the only thing on there that resembles a real name.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ahahaha, such cowardice.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
IIRC pulling out the tusks pulls out part of your soul, so if you pull out both you become soulless or something.

Alterists changing them does the same thing. This is, of course, to make Luna more special since she's the only one who put up with it thanks to Dominic's "loving support."

Edit: I don't know why I remember this. Probably because the reveal was exceptionally dumb.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Sep 12, 2021

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh yeah, Mookie totally made it up later when they introduce one tusk drummer to explain why he's just so angry and depressed during Greg's band arc; to explain that Tuskmouth Curse is both really common and simultaneously why only Luna has it.

It was just so stupid it stuck in my memory.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Lampshading how tedious your comic has become does not make your comic any less tedious.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

SubG posted:

We could also get like a week of Snout telling Ink Witch that he's decided to name her "Ink Witch".

He doesn't need to, now that Snout/Mookie knows he's named the Ink Witch the Ink Witch, the Ink Witch knows that her name is the Ink Witch too and, because Snout/Mookie is OK with the name, so is she.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Mookie has no idea where they're going or why, so he's buying time until he thinks of something and his characters are bitching at him about it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
IT HAS BEEN 300 YEARS SINCE SNOUT BEGAN HIS JOURNEY TO FIND THE LEGACY OF DOMINIC DEEGAN

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo, Mookie.

Being deaf isn't the same as having a mental handicap, and while there's no shame in the latter Mookie's insistence on conflating the two feels downright awful. Bort was at least proficient in his native environment. Snout's done nothing but read his whole life, he should have at least a passing understanding of social cues.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 12:25 on Sep 17, 2021

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Conflating, I didn't get enough sleep. :haw:

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Oh, that reminds me that "magic is gentler now" said the woman who owns her own private jet fighter which packs enough firepower to blow up a solid stone house.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's going to be reborn souls, passed through the Elemecca and cleansed.

The Ink Witch is Dominic, Snout is Luna, and Kaianda is... Quilt? Spark? Gregory?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's pretty telling that none of the characters or events or goals matter more than Snout's feelings moment to moment.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
"Watch the look on Snout's face, this is going to be priceless!" The Ink Witch said to Arudak as she pitched her Inkjet into a nosedive and crashed it into the lake.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Symbol of Vapid Incomprehension

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
And has just recently been sucking his toes and licking windows instead of interacting with anyone he was in the company of.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I knew what that was before I clicked it. Nice.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Dominic is Power Fantasy Mookie
Snout is Martyr Complex Mookie

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
I feel like a finger on a monkey's paw just curled.

Up next: The Desert of Eldariat to Die Twice

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
THE END

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also what exactly is this

Roger Klotz?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Turning a very stylized face into two beetles fighting on a banana peel is pretty impressive, I have to admit.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Both of his arms are forward, but even though their elbows are in the same place the left forearm is 'above' the right forearm while the left bicep is below and behind the right, which gives the impression that his left arm is growing out of the middle of his ribcage.

Also he's got huge breasts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat

Fister Roboto posted:

Catching fish *just* for crop fertilizer seems a huge waste of time and energy, doesn't it? Like yeah, fish fertilizer has been a thing for millennia, but usually you eat the fish first and then use the leftover bones and guts as fertilizer.

Mookie watched Thanksgiving specials as a kid that showed the Iroquois teaching the Pilgrims to bury fish in their fields and thinks that's an actual effective thing and not an act of desperation prompted by soil nutrient depletion caused by farming without a proper crop rotation.

Presumably a species of obligate herbivores would figure crop rotation out pretty quickly.