Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
Coming fresh off of the last bits of the last Classic Deegan mock threads (For whatever reason, I stopped reading them around the desert of Eldariat TO DIE. Gotta keep up with the Mookieverse canon, after all.), this new thing is absolutely glacial. In his news post to start this up, he’s talking about a new cast having new adventures. Are we going to be here for another decade? And how long is he going to keep up the kinda-sorta-not dialogue?

I’m glad he’s at least doing something other than 8 panels and not poorly laid out mindscape pages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
Aaand new comic.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
For a dialogueless comic, that's sure a shitload of words.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
New one up!

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009

The Little Death posted:

I can't believe the pacing of this story. 3 updates to get to the point we knew was coming in December. It's so bad. I know we come in thinking we're going to be snarky. But this is just so unbelievably badly paced.
I feel like Mookie is still stuck on the pacing he had when he was running Deegan - every weekday. It was still very slow like this, but at least there was a new one right around the corner. Every other day, though, makes this mess just draaaaaaag.

And I don't know why he didn't bother doing "crummy filler" during the holiday like he used to. Like everyone else it seems, I completely forgot his comic existed until this thread actually got replies.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
New one up.

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009

Kavak posted:

I would like to know the last time Mookie had a backlog, where he sat down and planned out or drew a week of strips or so in advance. Because it feels like he sits down and writes whatever he feels like each day and forgets where he was going in earlier strips.
I'm sure someone out there remembers better than me, but there was maybe a week's period during the Deegan years where he had a buffer. But it was gone pretty quickly because he hated not having spontaneity. It was in a newspost of that era, but that's all gone now with his revised site.

EDIT: Found it!

https://web.archive.org/web/20180329103529/https://www.dominic-deegan.com/view.php?date=2012-01-06

Mookie posted:

[...]This week has been weird. I've had a buffer of comics prepared for most of the week, which I haven't had for years. That buffer is now gone, and to be honest I'm relieved. My sense of "what happens next" was a little off as I was working on comics a day or two ahead of the update schedule. But now that my buffer is gone (thanks to a combination of Star Wars and babysitting) things will be back to normal for me next week.[...]

Alakantar fucked around with this message at 23:36 on May 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alakantar
Apr 8, 2009
Going into Thanksgiving week, I'm definitely not thankful for this. Ugh...drat you, Mookie... :barf:

I feel like now that he's broken this barrier of sorts, he's going to drag this out for a while and this will be only the tip of the iceberg of awfulness.