Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It's a shartarfield

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Oh my loving god how long is this comic going to dwell on the fact someone was rude to Snout

Is it touching the poop to make someone go back to when the latest mopeathon started and see if Mookie got any particularly hateful tweets, mild criticism, or neutral comments?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Billy Gnosis posted:

And of course on twitter, Mookie is retweeting someone who is ranting about GoT being something people only like because it's new but it's really secretly boring and lacks the artistic depth and vision of other medieval fantasy settings and stories.

It's amazing coming from Mookie

He found the only person still talking about GoT after Season 8.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Chapter 53: Where did I leave the WiFi password?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

You know how a lot of children's shows in the 90s, like Reboot, often got told by S&P they weren't allowed to do cliffhanger endings because children couldn't handle the tension? That's Mookie.

Okay I watched like five episodes of ReBoot but wasn't their an entire arc about the main character being lost in the internet and a timeskip of his kid/friend going to rescue him?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

That was later. After they had gotten away from ABC and their insane censors.
https://reboot.fandom.com/wiki/Broadcast_Standards_and_Practices
It's wild the poo poo Reboot had to deal with.

Did they just hate fun and/or Canadians?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

super sweet best pal posted:

That Time I Got Reincarnated as One of Luna's Sisters

The first isekai where the protagonist actually chooses NOT to be reincarnated.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

oriongates posted:

That look makes me so uncomfortable and so many people give snout that look. It's like the look you'd give a Make a Wish child that doesn't know they're dying yet. And it's all over the comic.

Does Mookie know what that look means on any level? I'd say this is from one of his Japanese Animes but that kind of "mommy harem" stuff is pretty new. Has he talked about Danmachi on Twitter?

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Man I feel sorry for Garth, though it took him a long time to give up partnering with Mookie.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Also also also, what the gently caress was the point of Snout's "clearing his head" montage? He didn't actually DO any introspection. He just kind of went for a walk and when he came back people were nice to him and had ejected the bad man from the story for being slightly rude to him.

Introspection is for people who aren't already the best and smartest at everything and might have done some things wrong. We are supposed to feel sad as the very good boy who has done nothing wrong is feeling sad because a person he barely knows was mean to him.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ague Proof posted:

Mookie already knows that Jacob Deegan isn't close to Dominic so why would Snout care about him?

I think we've found the answer.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mookie's idea of catharsis is to draw DBZ poses and then murder his ex-girlfriend in effigy.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mookie is very easily distracted by new ideas or new hobbies and gets bored quickly- he thought a silent comic was interesting for a month or so, but unlike his usual new hobby or thing of the month he can't just drop this one since he used it to sell it to his patrons.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

skeleton warrior posted:

Contemplate this: that Mookie wrote a multi-year comic about a man whose major advertised ability was having visions of the future, and Mookie refused to think more than a few strips in advance for any of it.

Always in motion is the future. Sometimes the Force is just the Force.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Okay so I decided to check in on this thread after about a year's break and while I am disgusted but not trily surprised by the sex scene, I need someone to tell me I hallucinated a screenshot of Glenn loving Greenwald defending Mookie on Twitter.