Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Emrikol posted:

I'm low-key interested in seeing just how long all this nothing can go on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Take a shot every time a panel has a sparse landscape with a single species of large animal

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Im impressed at all the complex layers of bs mookie had to set up to remotely justify it. Like he obviously had to add 20 layers of poo poo to cover up all the plot holes of why it had to UNAVOIDABLY happen and also not be noble stonewater's fault.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Has he ever apologized for it or does he still to this day think this was a good thing to write?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Invisible Clergy posted:

There is also a noticeable dearth of highly-trained orc hymen inspectors sharpening their knives outside the princess's bedchamber in these.

Hymen and/or cum inspectors. Honestly this is the grossest and worst part of the whole thing. He obviously saw a plot hole that would let the characters get out of it without going through with the deed so he had to add that last horrifying cherry on top to seal the deal.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I hope he's dead too

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

After Christmas break, that's when poo poo is gonna get real.

Real stupid

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
He's a mighty slur smith, hammering away at his anvil

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Is snout circumcised?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Flower guy would be way grosser if he was a mammal

Reproductive structures for a head/face, force-feeding other people his embryos

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Rotten Red Rod posted:

uh

ok

that was sudden

Is this an edit? That last panel is absolutely ridiculous, its incredible, jesus christ lmao

This looks like those laser memes from 2009

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
This is the inspiration behind sunflower man's anatomy

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
he still managed to get that rear end shot in, she couldnt possibly have fallen in any other way or had the cape stay on her body

lol

Bismuth fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Apr 14, 2021

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Her turn to be interesting is over, its these guy's turn now

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Oh, I was right

Rotten Red Rod posted:

And I know this has been beaten to death but why the gently caress is she naked again

because mookie is :jackin:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

oriongates posted:

But what...or who, is it?

We'll either never find out because he doesnt care about that plot thread anymore, or it will be explained shortly via snout being presented with a thesis-worth of paper based exposition (no dialouge)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

FlocksOfMice posted:

is the sunflower man ten feet tall

Finally something biologically accurate to sunflowers

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm amazed that it can lap itself without having gone anywhere in the first place.

Its the comic equivalent of an ant mill

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Well, sunflowers are monoecious, but i doubt mookie knows that.

Still love the creativity behind naming the sunflower guy "sunflower", it fits the childlike drawing of a flower with a smiley face :sun:

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Hate being away from home when he posts

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I'm so glad mookie included pubes in this comic, can you imagine what a mess it would be without them? Absolutely unreadable.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Regalingualius posted:

Once again going to throw out the “it becomes a sex cult with Snout as the messiah figure” theory for maximum inappropriateness points

i have no doubt in my mind that Mookie was probably into the old 90s-00s harem animes (do they still do those?) so considering the rest of his 00s anime scene nostalgia it seems highly likely

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Its a convoluted way of reproducing but the payoff is worth it when the body wanders off and eventually bursts into millions of spores

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Crimes Johnson

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
The puke panel is one of the funniest things I've ever seen drawn in a "serious' context. How could he draw that and not realize how loving goofy that poo poo looks, and if he did mean it to look goofy way to purposefully gently caress up the tone of your body horror monster

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

RandomPauI posted:

What's a chandack again?

nothin, whats a chandack with you?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Invisible Clergy posted:

That is correct. Her remaining eggs were scooped out by that one dragon ghost thing and given to childless couples throughout the kingdom to become the next generation of Deegans. I dread Mookie coming to revisit this eventually in Legacy.

This is incredibly unpleasant to read

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I like how mookie was too lazy to actually write anything or even scribble on the pages in Snout's hands to imply writing. Snout is just making a weird face at a stack of blank pages.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Riot Bus posted:

These giant stacks of unbound pages are driving me insane. What do the rest of those pages contain? That's a full manuscript amount of pages. One slip and they're all on the floor, never to be organized again.

By the looks of the comic they're all blank

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Awaiting the eventual page where snout is a tiny little corner goblin like in a Kelly cartoon and the entire page is full of text

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Idk why I never thought about it before, but its kinda weird that Mookie obviously is (attempting) a manga style, with a lot of anime/manga inspired tropes, and yet the original DD is in an american newspaper comic format

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Dabir posted:

Well you see, lovely manga style is easier to draw, but American newspaper comic format is easier to write.

I would argue that even Mookie is a better artist than many of the people drawing for newspapers, its an incredibly low bar

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Twelve by Pies posted:

The only newspaper comic I can think of that I would classify as having worse art than Mookie is Reply All.

Unless you're talking about political cartoonists in which case yeah I agree.

Mookie's art on its own is like a 12 year old's first forays into anime, which isnt good, but its not usually offensively bad on its own (except when he draws naked people). I think his astoundingly bad writing and taste in general makes his art look worse by association. If I saw some child drawing what he does I wouldnt think 'wow ugh'.

Meanwhile I just went to GoComics and found a treasure trove of absolute garbage that may be more consistent or "purposeful" than mookie's art but still is less pleasant to look at. Pretty much anything with a political slant is a given, but there's a lot of other newspaper comics that i dont know/think are political but are just so ugly to behold. I think its mostly boomer cartoons that got started before they took lead out of gasoline and have held on due to inertia.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
My maturity peaked in 8th grade

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Beelzebufo posted:

Snout is a great protagonist. I love protagonists who constantly just cannot deal with, like, the whole situation, and just need some time to themselves.

Just making GBS threads in nature, thinking his thoughts.....

I really appreciate that mookie cant figure out how to really emote with snout's face at all, he always just looks vaguely concerned/confused. Also he really does look like hes hovering over the ground in a squat

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
How hard is it to just write a basic outline of the plot points you want to hit and maybe a couple notes on how to get there?

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Zereth posted:

I believe he is on record as like, wanting to be surprised at where the story goes. So he doesn't plan ahead.

Jesus just roleplay like a normal nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Libra posted:

He did roleplay and the other players hated his character, a proto Dominic Deegan. So they kicked him out and Mookie started a comic.
I think that's how it went anyway.

I guess DD really is just someone playing dungeons and dragons by themselves, huh?

I meant like deviantart/tumblr style not d&d but i can imagine he's probably too annoying for most roleplayers