Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Just caught up with the thread, if I'm enjoying this comic do y'all have any recommendations?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

It's admirable how Mookie challenges himself to draw clothes that fold and deform in different positions. I think Snout's "DEAF" patch may be imbued with ink magic to always read legibly, it's a cool detail.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I have terrible news: Hitler wrote Achewood

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Just holding a crunch, total jock, no wonder his torso can stretch so long.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Y'all know Snout is going to ~hear~ Dominic, but it's going to turn out he's not ~hearing~ but detecting him with his latent seer abilities, right? Then he'll go to some magic college but they'll be mean and bigoted toward Snout, who learns a secret phrase he'll say in the magic realm or whatever to free Dominic Deegan.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Come to our inn! We have: proportionally huge doors, table cloths that always touch the floor, decorative architecture that funnels water into our open windows, delicious traditional Orc food (twigs AND beans), no curtains.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Countdown until Snout names Corpsemomwife some dumb poo poo he sees or reads.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Twelve by Pies posted:

Can't have that, that would be Snout doing something on his own initiative.

Instead Corpsemomwife will read a name in a book and want to name herself that, but she'll ask Snout if it's a good name first, and of course he will say yes, because he's so nice.

Corpsemomwife who he taught the alphabet to will point at the word vine, then snout will make unsure face. Inkmommy will use inkmagic to add -lla. Snout will make his satisfied face at Vinella while Inkmommy makes her mom face at him.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Mookie's How To Draw Manga book didn't come with a How To Write Manga book, so here we are.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mx. posted:

that symbol is.... very yonic

I am not excited for Mookie's handling of whatever that reproductive diagram is hinting toward

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
He's actually using some brushes for effect: the ropey vines, the ivy hanging off the "branches". Too bad we'll never see it again until this page is copy pasted.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Should've known it'd be "I knew one Black woman in college slightly"

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The characters have become tragically aware they're in a Mookie comic. They're doing the best they can to introduce Snout to people and places where a plot point might start or advance, but it keeps ending in congratulating Snout, then sleeping, and more sightseeing. They know Snout's the protagonist, but writing paragraphs of expository dialogue, waiting for him to hit another library, then vaguely dream about it is grinding the story to a halt. They remember antagonistic characters, but they were about as consequential as that minotaur guy Snout kept bumping into.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

God, they're going to need two more memorials

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Happy Landfill posted:

Good Boy bedroom eyes at him

This is the most accurately and horribly the English language has been utilised to describe something

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Mookie is definitely the type of DM who 100% railroads the party into a dungeon where the only way out is giving a kobold a handy (CON check) so I don't think that's the issue

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Goddamn I miss old snout so much

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
When you already had a symbolic dream but she still naked cuddlin'

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Snout's companions floating face down after the crash just off screen

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I'm going to pop his horrible shoulder zit things and I don't care if it kills him

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Well don't worry, you're not without content today, because it's Inktober, and Mookie horny!

LMFAO imagining how she was walking to make those dumb high heel ink splots, then those two skidmarks

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
The tail wag being 3 weird sausages with a motion line, no attemp to make the outside parts of the smear look in motion

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Sorry y'all, my neuroatypicality maps 100% onto Mookie. I just can't stop the intrusive thoughts about sexy dead ladies having puns made about them. We should put kid gloves for the guy who wonders every time he draws Snout "is the DEAF patch necessary in this frame?"

Also wait, why is he deaf? Have we ever really asked that? Why a magical fantasy world with electric guitars and resurrection spells and ink space ships has no magical cochlear equivalent or advanced spell of lip reading?

Douche Wolf 89 fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Oct 9, 2021

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Bismuth posted:

at first I was going to say that theres a community/way of thinking that says deafness isnt a disability that always needs to be healed or "repaired" because deaf people arent broken in the first place, but thats way too nuanced for mookie. Hand waving away disability through magic is exactly what I would expect from him. I think snout's deafness is 100% because Mookie thought it was cool conceptually to do a no-dialogue comic and totally missed the fact that deaf people can read lips, and dont communicate strictly through writing on big white boards they carry hung around their necks.

Yeah I'm pretty firmly in the "many things are not disabilities, but made so by society, accessibility, government, etc" camp myself. It's more that nothing about the characters ever interacts with or is affected by the world. Snout will never give a monologue about why he chose not to drink a magical hearing potion, because Mookie has never thought about deafness outside of a hook (to promptly drop) for the comic and a sympathy detail for Snout.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mors Rattus posted:

He literally tried to drink a magic hearing potion, it just turned out to be earwax remover.

Holy poo poo I completely forgot, lmao this comic is like Riverdale I love it

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Heliotrope posted:

(although I've only watched the first season and heard it gets even weirder)

Archie is currently a high school teacher, ROTC instructor, unlicensed PTSD therapist, football coach, firefighter, militia member, and a general contractor, and I'm definitely missing some occupations. He fought in WWI, was attacked by a bear, was a super hero, joined a gang, infiltrated a cult (I think 2 actually? There were 2 separate cults operating in one season), hunted a serial killer, went to prison, there are maple coated magic mushrooms, aliens, and the whole town got over a seizure-inducing, waterborne disease and quarantine between two episodes.

Please watch the rest of the seasons.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mutant Headcrab posted:

She doesn't have a reflection, because she doesn't have a soul. The plot is now going to be about restoring/creating a soul until the next plot change.

Mookie, being very progressive: What if the Black character has no soul because she's some form of vine automaton or something? The deaf one who named her will be so nice to her she'll get better though.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

ScienceSeagull posted:

Luv2 jump in a lake with a naked stranger I just met 10 minutes ago and who blew up my friends' vehicle and gave them bad news

She also told Corpsemommy she has no soul. I'm pretty sure she's about to drown Snout

She kinda rules?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mookie's backgrounds looking like bad Line Rider tracks

Genuinely how do you put that in a comic? I get being lazy or untalented or ignorant, but how do you know there should be a background there and draw that?

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
that's literally just loving snout

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Mx. posted:

wait what are the spots along the stitches

does

does he think the spots you get when you get the stitches out are not like. scars from where the stitches were, and are just a second thing you get when you get stitches

They're presumably ripped stitches, but mookie doesn't know how to draw that either, or remember to keep the spacing

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Today on Inktober:

I'm utterly confounded. Not by what's happening in the image - I get it - but that Mookie thought it was funny.

*Draws this*

signs it

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Getting drained of my lifeforce by a vampire in raw denim

and then he bites my neck

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Mookie went freehand here and I feel loving seasick

The long torsoes, Snout's arm, the tail sticking straight out of his lower back

I love that the only reactions anyone has in these comics is somber nodding, or a scooby doo character seeing a ghost

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Didn't arudak and mommy just hug it out and isn't deadmommy really happy right now because she has a name and a broken-armed mongrelfolk to gently caress? Why are they all crying on the river bank lmao

This loving comic y'all. Usually someone getting paid for their art is something to be jealous of; if he had improved or at lease developed a style, we'd be (even more of) the losers here. Luckily he chrystalized in grade 10 and has slowly gotten worse, where I wouldn't want to make money producing what he produces.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I won't abandon my friends *sits down to write a journal entry while they weep on the shore*

Also just lmao that mookie has to use a memory bubble and a journal entry to say "Snout is loyal*

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

She needed a Sonsband

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
Gonna do a tribute to Moebius by picking his most simple work ever, then simplifying it, because the cape is way too hard to draw if the archer is sitting on it and there is even a single pebble in front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

This guy looks like he was collecting oddly placed rocks, then bumped into the obelisk

Also, just loving lmao at the way mookie is always able to make everything look like a cheap styrofoam prop