Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

In the old thread, I used to always post edits, I think someone found where he stored the next day's comic before uploading so I had time. I'd often edit in the one fat character, replacing giant monsters or having him rail Stunt's mom. Then one day the ancient necromancer pulled back his hood to reveal his face was actually that fat guy, I posted it unedited and for an hour people were screaming it was fake and for people to post the real comic and instead of this obvious fraud.

That comic got so ridiculous at times. :allears:

Wasn't that the reveal where it was Deegan's brother?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

He did speak again.

That in-depth knowledge of the mookie canon

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

how do his pants stay on, they're pulled literally only halfway up his rear end because his tail has to hang over them

This guy wants to see more mookie-drawn dick, everyone!

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Dr. Robotink lasering the hut beautifully parallels the dude getting lasered by the flowers earlier. Bravo Mookie.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

He was asked to meet her to potentially become engaged, as a part of a plot by Luna's mother to make Luna get rejected by so many men she'd kill herself

lmao I forgot all about this poo poo.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Iím curious as to what could possibly be the context of the book. Ok so itís obviously about DD. And it was written 200 years after Dominic did a thing. But thereís no indication of the age of the book itself. Why would it be written in present tense? Is this in relation to an already known arc in DD? The ending of the original run make it pretty clear that after losing his second sight Dominic just lived his life in relative peace and had/adopted a kid? If anything happened after then the book should have been about Luna. You know, the top wizard and protector of the realm after Dominicís mom stepped down.

Where is this poo poo going? Why should we care? Who is this for???

It could be a history book or diary.
"It's been 200 years since DD went into the realm of <whatever the gently caress it was in the original comic> and we still feel the effects of his heroism"
"It's been 200 years since DD went into the realm of <whatever the gently caress it was in the original comic> and I have to follow his path because the ancient evil whatever reawakened"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

That actually seems in line with actual arts & crafts books I have seen in actual libraries. They're never normal paperback size cause they have big illustrations and such.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

Mercifully the new shirt saga ended in only a week's worth of pages.

Now begins the cave renovation saga.

I just wanted to tell you that it's great that you post the pages here. The old thread was good because you didn't have to cross-reference posts with whatever comic page was the newest one when you were catching up later.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Does a comma go between hello and the name of the person you're helloing?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

So heís just been standing next to that this whole time?

The Wild Edge just spawns whatever the plot needs right next to him.
Also I actually lol'd out loud at all the text on that paper.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

oriongates posted:

It seems like the quarter-paragraph written on the two pages found so far would be pretty easily replaceable. Does the ink witch really need two pages with a sentence and a half on them?

Also, what does the pagefinder do if there isn't a person around who already has some pages and an arbitrary desire to collect them?

Does it just lay around hoping to be found and not used as toilet paper?

Do you normally use random bits of paper you find lying around as toilet paper?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

To be fair it's not like the Wild Edge has a Walvmart lying around for convenient paper.

At least not until Snout needs it for one comic.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Yeah I was pretty close to saying "heh that's actually an alright joke" in the last comic. Glad it only took one more comic to run it into the ground yay.
E: I just looked at the previous comic again and am I supposed to think that between the pagefinder pointing the way and Snout arriving at the horror gorge of death horror, there was just a timeskip? Cause so far I assumed Snout was just coincidentally standing right next to it, but the former interpretation just mean the timeskip is communicated terribly instead of the geography being lovely.

GrossMurpel fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Sep 22, 2019

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I don't see how an arrow going around a corner corresponds to the page being on top of a spike high above Snout but directly in front of him.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Yeah I'll interpret these last two comics as
"So where is the page?"
"Go right into this canyon that you're coincidentally standing next to"
[...]
"So where is the page?"
"Look right at this rocky outcrop that you're coincidentally standing next to"

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

rudecyrus posted:

Snout looks like he has a mustache in the first panel.

:eyepop:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

but fail to find it completely insane that he's 3/3 for finding the pages in sequence.

I thought the page finder was simply pointing him to the next page in the sequence :shrug:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

i don't understand how he arrived at the Raniberry page. Did he just leaf through the entire book looking for mentions of ink?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > The Legacy of Dominic Deegan: Jesus, he's doing this again?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I thought he was mute

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

Smart enough to read, dumb enough to stab at itself several times.

I thought the branch was bursting out of the tree there instead of the tree stabbing itself.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ague Proof posted:

DD was much more entertaining to mock.

My memory is amazing but I certainly don't remember it being so loving boring. Like jesus christ, at least have a villain show up and demolish everyone and then do something for 5 issues before the protagonist instantly wins through magic.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Libra posted:

"Dear Diary
Today I met a hologram bard who can play music that is visible instead of audible..."

The bard uses a special instrument that makes people see as well as hear the composition. In the end it will turn out he was the big bad all along, influencing everyone's minds with the music.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Ah yes. Grabbing someone by the side of their cloak. Something people often do when they are happy to see them.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Hahahaha holy poo poo that forum is STILL going and STILL hates his loving comic

wow can you imagine, no way
:thunk:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Hey remember that one time an orc turned up and seemed important for two issues?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Drunk Theory posted:

It's not great, and I have no idea if most of those objects are treetops or rocks.

I straight-up just had to have it pointed out to me that's a forest. I thought it was a field of boulders.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Hahahaha thanks for reminding me that exists.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

I knew he reading this thread! Hi mookie this is boring

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Pistol_Pete posted:

I kinda thought she was rushing straight past Snout and hugging some spectral figure that only she can see.

Yeah I was like "okay which heretofore unseen person behind Snout is she hugging?" and then "wait what just happened?"

TheHan posted:

Thatís different. The infernomancer wasnít blind, he just didnít have eyes.

:eyepop:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Lunatic Sledge posted:

notably (or I guess not notably, I only know this because I'm a sponge for useless trivia) the entire gimmick (outfit is ink) was also already done by aimsee, the OC of model marie claude bourbonnais

she also has an octopus or something to justify the ink costume but the point is, it's not even an especially new iteration of the idea

by who the what of whom?

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

The Little Death posted:

He's just storing poo poo down his pants.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Plus side: dongrel got owned, yet again.

Gripe: the sign apparently following a curved trajectory only once it cleared the lip of the cliff. That's not how physics works.

What if the cliff is several thousand meters tall and the wind carried it up

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Invisible Clergy posted:

If people in Mongreltown are illiterate, the bookstore (well, it wouldn't exist) but it'd have a sign with a picture of a book on it like a medieval tavern, not writing. And look at that, that's closer to being dialogue free.

No, it's actually quite genius. Every other sign in the town is like that but the buuk stor doesn't have a pictogram because it doesn't need one. The illiterate townsfolk just know "ah this sign has writing on it, therefore I can find writing in this store" :eng101:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

He's still making fun of this thread because we said he's only focused on tits and dicks. It's obviously a self-parody :smug:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

3) most panels really: DEAF PEOPLE CAN FEEL AIR PRESSURE YOU loving ARSEHOLE. By panel 4 he would absolutely have noticed you, or if he really was distracted then panel 5 would absolutely have him freaking the gently caress out by what happened

Fister Roboto posted:

Not to mention feeling someone's breath on you if they're screaming.

Not to go full doubles advocate here, but I thought the joke was that Snout is just too absorbed in his book to notice, on top of the obvious inherent hilarity of being deaf.

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

Well in that case I have good news.

That's funny. lol

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

TheHan posted:

You know what's not funny? These book titles, c'mon Mookie edit a little.

It's dumb that this store that seems to only stock sex books happens to have a book on exactly what Snout needs, but man, I'm just glad this is going somewhere.

Inkwitch is deaf too? Or why did they need a non-dialog written note to communicate here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

Mors Rattus posted:

Fun librarian fact: we donít write disabilities on your library card

That's his ID, Wild Edge Library is the county he lives in.