Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

No, but there was Bort, who might be Snout's ancestor.

Instead of having a hosed-up tail, Bort had a hosed-up face.

These two comics are noticeably more interesting to read than anything in legacy, but I really can't put my finger on why exactly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

That waterfall landscape isn't terrible. There's something approaching a sense of scale there

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Hes so excited to see them that it's not like he's some kind of social recluse

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If only there was some kind of tension to him going to mongrel town, maybe derived from some sort of reason he would have to want to go there

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

How much will snout care that this lady destroyed his home while he was trying to help her?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Wait did snout ever actually tell the ink witch his name

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I appreciate the attempt to make ink speech bubbles somewhat more than "it's just normal speech bubbles" by having snout physically interact with them

He's never gonna do it again so it's not actually meaningful but points for the attempt

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

His annoyed look in panel 3 runs counter to his established personality

I can understand why he'd be mad, his house was destroyed. I dont understand why the snout as presented thus far gives a poo poo, he doesnt seem to give a poo poo about much

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

He didnt write them, they belong to him. Presumably he purchased them using legal tender and the ink witches are thieves

A lot of this info would've benefited from having any real set up but at least the story feels like it has something resembling actual meat to it now

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm glad the ink witch is showing off her powers by making ink spin and swirl around her body while she casts a spell that performs the same function snout's pen would've

I'm sure there's something visually creative that could've been done to have her answer his questions by writing the words in the air instead of on the page

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

If it turns out the orc is the good guy, the ink witch is evil, and snout is just a moron, I will declare the legacy of dominic deegan to be a good webcomic

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What were the best parts of dominic deegan?

Legacy feels like wading through sludge compared to my memory of DD, where stuff at least tried to happen. If I wanted to go back to the most competent arc of DD to compare, which arc would that be?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I'm mostly just looking for which part was the best, from a standard that isn't "fun to laugh at" but which arc is the closest to being intentionally good or fun to read (yes I'm aware the answer is "none of it" but it'd be cool to go back and read the arc where it got closest). I guess the closest to well defined criteria would be "when does mookie get as close to being as good as he thinks he is?" Or rather, if you were judging the work based on what it's aiming to be rather than what it actually is

When did dominic deegan peak

ninjewtsu fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Feb 29, 2020

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Is there a reason they needed a line of people when they only need 2 customers to make bank? Are they planning on staying there or something?

I mean presumably money is a useful thing to have. This isn't exactly a noteworthy thing to criticise.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I just want to know what the gently caress "ink reading" is

You'd think it's "letting ink drip randomly onto the page and interpreting the splatters" but this is clearly forming pictures. Is she just painting a picture for each person and then assigning fortune to the picture she consciously, personally made? Who the gently caress watches a lady just draw an X and tell you "your fortune is ending" without asking "how the gently caress do you know"

At least do something neat like have the ink drip off of the customer's hand and magically form the picture off that. Just, loving anything to differentiate it from sign making

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

When has completely running out of ideas ever stopped anyone?

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

What I don't understand is why waste a page on the ink witch (why the gently caress do we still not know her name) taking off her dress now, nonsensically while still asleep, when she could've done so right before getting into bed

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Why are snout's feet like that

Why is that the point where mookie felt the need to inject some ~mongrelman~ physical attributes

Why doesn't snout have 4 thumbs too

Somehow this is what bothers me the most

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Yes