Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Libra posted:

Speaking of disease in my brain, I could swear Dominic Deegan ended with the Heart of Magic (is the face of god) being destroyed, causing magic to die out forever.
I specifically remember everyone pointing out that this would probably cause the whole world to collapse and all the bullshit magical creatures to die out.

But I just checked the site and it just ends with Dominic specifically losing his powers and no one else?
Did it change? Am I combining two awful half-remembered internet things into one story?

that sounds like the plot of final fantasy 6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dominic Dongan

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it'll be the best thing he's ever drawn in his life, each putrefying asscheek rendered in exquisite detail

every other panel will be his usual chickenscratch

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

talk about a cock-up? am I right? folks?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

SupSuper posted:

Just you wait til that exposed dong turns out to be Chekhov's Gun.

Chekhovs Gun Wild

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is his hair over his ears or not

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Wild Edging

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ok is his tail actually coming out of his left side now or what

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

super sweet best pal posted:

Yeah, this scene was actually good.

let's not say things we can't take back

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it's going to turn out that this whole comic is a dream Dominic's having that's become real and Snout was Dominic all along

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Rotten Red Rod posted:

It's probably just the Ink Witch and there was no good reason for her to disguise that fact because it changes literally nothing

no, it hides the fact from us, the audience, that mookie's been having her explosively cum once every few pages

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

three more drawings of Snout, the only major character in this comic

three more entirely different face shapes and hairstyles

it's just, not even once has he managed a consistent Snout

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Lemma posted:

Also I guess he learned to draw cocks-and-balls.

no he did not

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Mikl posted:

Don't you

Don't you usually write on signs and then put them up? The last panel seems to suggest the opposite, i.e. the person who made that sign staked a blank sign into the ground and then started writing on it.

not in Minecraft

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TheHan posted:

It’s not really clear if Mookie made Snout deaf to have representation, or for the challenge of writing a story with no dialogue. If it’s the former it feels kind of weird to not take anything from that community beyond “can’t hear” and if it’s the latter, you don’t really need to contrive a reason for your comic to not have dialogue. If Snout ever interacts with the setting beyond a handful of set pieces we’ll least get a classic Dominic Deegan bigot who’ll be shouted down by a “good guy” that’s also being lovely in their own special way.

gimmick that he got bored with

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

more like the middle of whichever side is facing the camera

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like he used a compass to draw the body of it too. If he's using tools to emphasise its inorganicness, that's at least a vague gesture in the direction of using the medium.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is that a paintbrush stuffed down your trousers or are you just happy to see me

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

the ink witch paper is about to squirt spray ink on the orc

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

frankly that's even more impressive considering buckley rarely actually drew his comic and mookie is hand drawing every single one of these

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TheHan posted:

I wonder why, after not once going to a forest or even, I think, drawing a tree, would Mookie choose a dense forest as the scene to end the Wild Edge on.

how quickly we forget the scary skori tree

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Little Death posted:

Why does Snout even live on his own? Like, this is something that now has to be addressed because he is pointedly not living in the town dedicated to his people, so much so that he had to spend days? weeks? travelling there.

his hut cave was so convenient for the library!

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

PetraCore posted:

I like that the ship was just an animated drawing the whole time.

then why did it destroy his house

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

what?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

no seriously what? has mookie been pausing lovely harem anime on random keyframes and drawing what he sees or something

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is that face in the bottom left a copy paste from somewhere, or does it just feel like it is

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

confirms that he would have starved to death though

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

that's a big assumption and you know it

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

TheHan posted:

No Monday update folks.

God she's looking at that sign like it's her firstborn son

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The Little Death posted:

Nice to know in all that montage time she never told him her name.

What do you mean? She's that ink witch, The Ink Witch.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

you see, there's two types of author. the nuh-uhchitect and the gardenuh-uh

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

they store them in their inventory when they don't need to equip them

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it looks like the ringed city out of DS3 but with more boring architecture

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

man introduced in book store can't read a single word on snout's arm

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

is that supposed to be an impossible cube but he drew the lines in the wrong order so it's just a normal one

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

it involves Snout being hurt

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

as a drawing herself, she can no this is too loving stupid, not even entertaining it

also she's now doing the exact same thing Dominic was at the start of his story. I'm sure Mookie thinks that's very clever

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's nothing inherently wrong with those two kinds of magic existing in the same world, that's pretty much the dynamic between wizards and witches in Discworld.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55U57kJWuIo