Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Nuns with Guns posted:

He just got lazy and justifies it as being more fun for himself this way.

I mean, being lazy is more fun than doing work, typically

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Yes, based on the previous illustrations he's done of her, she is literally Ink Bayonetta, her dress is made of ink. It's possible he changed his mind about that for the comic though. (But I doubt it.)

notably (or I guess not notably, I only know this because I'm a sponge for useless trivia) the entire gimmick (outfit is ink) was also already done by aimsee, the OC of model marie claude bourbonnais

she also has an octopus or something to justify the ink costume but the point is, it's not even an especially new iteration of the idea

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

The real Mookie thing is bust sizes increasing dramatically when the woman causes or is subjected to violence.
There was one fairly infamous bit from the Mild Edge where the mongrelwoman Bort has the hots for went from like a C cup to an F cup since she was busy eviscerating people.

this might just be a side effect of bad art

I know when I draw people doing anything but standing at a slight angle from a straightforward perspective all the proportions go cray cray

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Joe Slowboat posted:

Is that man a Mongrelfolk or is he just drawn nightmarishly?

yes

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Ague Proof posted:

Gnolls can canonically understand every language, so when they show up they'll be able to read Snout's body language just like Cassandra Cain.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I briefly considered bringing back Mushroom Go just out of spite for Dominic Deegan

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

look if he can't draw the one dick in the one position how can you ask him to do other angles and proportions

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I know I shouldn't be so critical but,

this is doo doo

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Dear dream journal: the sinister dots have returned

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

gently caress! The! Cube!

gently caress! The! Cube!

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

They should have kept making Cube movies

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Scooby Doo and the Case of the Spooky Cube

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

zoinks, man, that's like one spooooky cube scoob

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

if asinotaph IS the dreamscape, then isn't the name of the book redundan-- you know what

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

ASINOTAPH IS A CUBE

ASINOTAPH

IS BEYOND A CUBE

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Kavak posted:

He makes just over $800 a month on Patreon, so there is some limited justice in this world.

oh poo poo I almost make as much as--

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Star Power also makes $1319 a month, although I assume he shares that.

gently caress

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I couldn't even bring myself to try and redeem a character that was merely very sleazy, I can't imagine having the arrogance to think "I could pull off writing a sexy heroic rapist"

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

I feel like there's gotta be a word for when a cheap gag comic with mediocre art decides it's going to tackle a dark subject like rape or miscarriages all of a sudden

like there's the slow mutation into a serious comic that a lot of gag-a-day strips do, and then there's diving head first straight into the most inappropriate topic you can think of for your wacky webcomic

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

the entire dream realm is just

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ugh this is just loving vile to read, although the other races' reactions to them is pretty funny. They seem to be universally reviled, so why does the author keep going on and on about how sad it makes other people when they're sad?

I kind of want to play an Evil-aligned Kender just to turn this background on its head - he'd have all the personality quirks outlined there, but use them to gaslight and emotionally manipulate everyone around there. Honestly, that sounds MORE plausible than that description.

Lalafells in FF14 have a bit of this going on. Some lalafells are cute and fun, like toddlers on an adventure. ...And some are ruthless, greedy capitalists, pulling strings from the shadows of the capital after manipulating their way to the top. The lovely rich rear end in a top hat lalafells can flip the "oh no not me I'm a dumb baby" switch in an instant

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

we're going to find out she secretly works for a shadowy corporation, and is in fact an Inc. Witch

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

he actually practices acrylic astrology

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

mookie should hire all of us to write his dialogueless comic

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Edit: Lol, I wonder if this page is a response to someone on his twitter sympathizing with the orc:

"Wait, no, he's not good! The good guys are good! Better drive that home..."

this would be a weird move, given how much mookie used to talk up the idea of sympathetic villains

I agreed at some point but have come to learn evil-for-evil's-sake Captain Planet style villains that just looove being monsters are more true to life

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

YF-23 posted:

The more correct response is both.

yeah in the hands of a good writer, "I hope you still trust me" "I never trusted you" and then a smash cut to them loving would actually be a good-- ha ha, "smash cut"

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

perfectly competent is a high bar for webcomics

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

you know, compared to how he smells normally

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

deegan by deegan

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Codependent Poster posted:

his dick is too high up

he also only has one ball

we kept looking for arudak or the ink witch to be the bad guy, but the real villain adolf snoutler was in front of us the whole time

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Fister Roboto posted:

This is the least sexy comic I've ever read.

you say this, but I know for a fact there's a lot of guys out there with a bad writing fetish

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

SA's live read streams of dominic deagan (pinstripe hourglass and catling gun, I think?) branching out to laugh at mushroom go is what originally brought me to the forums

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

what if the ink witch has a name but it can't be written, only spoken aloud

you know, for ink witch reasons

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

are we sure he didn't write this some time in the early 2000s

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

this truly is the legacy of dominic deegan

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

Name: Ink Witch Two

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

clearly they need to even the playing field by recruiting an evil snout

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

my face after getting heart punched and doing an anime roll

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

he should have just gone all in on some trippy postmodern dream bullshit and never draw real backgrounds again

turn your weaknesses into gimmicks, this is basic webcomic stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

or don't?

deaf people have to write down their internal monologue since they can't hear it in their heads