Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Re characters being off model, hasn't Snout's asymmetrical features been swapped around a few times because Mookie copy-pasted and used the mirror tool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I like how the ship apparently can't land but instead conveniently drops you 20 feet off the ground in a splatter of ink.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I see what he's going for but that pun just looks like a typo.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Roman Reigns posted:

Looking at it closely I think the ceiling is traced from something, just can’t figure out what.

And the gradual phasing out of corpsewife continues

When I first saw it I legit thought that panel showed a giant centipede/lobster kaiju looming over the bookshelves.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Just what we wanted, more crap about the ~~~~wonders of storytelling~~~~ instead of actual storytelling.

Wasn't Snouty trying to find the Asinine Path of Dreamlands or whatever? What happened to that?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

TheHan posted:

They're gonna collide and start fighting like giraffes do.

They're slowly evolving into these guys: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIv3ySLPsQU

A few more months and the strip will be nothing but long torsos and text.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Mors Rattus posted:

Also, when did she learn to read books?

Doesn't she have the soul of the guy who was skinned alive? Maybe she got her/his memories back after Sunflower made her throw up the evil seed.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Synthbuttrange posted:

So Snout and Plantgirl get chosen to help out because who better to fight someone who keeps stealing knowledge than two people who know nothing at all? :v

That could actually be an interesting plot line (invoking the "holy fool" archetype), but it would clash with how Snout is meant to be book smart. And now Planty has caught the reading bug?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
It's a small thing, but Snout's elbow spikes really bother me.

Also, I keep wanting to call Snout "Mookie." Not only because of the self-insert aspect, but because he looks like a "Mookie," if that makes any sense.

ScienceSeagull fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jul 28, 2021

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Maxwell Lord posted:

That goddamn tail again

And those elbow spikes! It looks like those spikes would catch on the bed sheets and risk stabbing Corpseiaiaianda too. What a couple of unpleasant character designs.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

Should've known it'd be "I knew one Black woman in college slightly"

Just when you think this comic (and especially everything about this character) can't get creepier, it does.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Tag yourself, I'm Drip Fibber.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

Where the gently caress does Daisy or Berry come from? Everything else is poo poo she's done or onomatopeia for wet ink.

I think Berry is because Snout made ink out of berries at some point. Never mind that Berry or Daisy would have been more fitting names for Corpseaianda the literal plant-person.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
There's a condition called "maladaptive daydreaming," where people spend their days lost in elaborate, rambling wish-fulfillment fantasies. I think this comic is a maladaptive daydream written down.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
It'd have been simple enough to establish that everyone but Snout is busy/asleep, or that Snout wanted some alone time on the trip, but it seems everyone's just acting like he doesn't exist. Some friends they are!

What the hell are those lumps all over Snout's shoulders? I swear they've been getting bigger and lumpier.

Also, if the ship is made of ink, how does it have a glass dome?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Everything about this comic is just so... noxious. It keeps finding new ways to be offensive and creepy, and seems all the worse for it since Mookie genuinely thinks that it's wholesome and progressive, that Snout is a sympathetic protagonist, and that this is a cute "aww they really do love each other!" moment.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Luv2 jump in a lake with a naked stranger I just met 10 minutes ago and who blew up my friends' vehicle and gave them bad news

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Is Snout gonna get poisoned/possessed/devoured by the mysterious seaweed which the lake lady just splatted all over him? I hope so.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

FlocksOfMice posted:

e: i unironically typed Mookie instead of Snout I swear to God that wasn't on purpose

I keep making the same mistake! He looks like a "Mookie," somehow.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
This isn't the first time we've seen a naked magical vomiting woman...

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Ah yes, Sunflower, the sunflower man who communicates by making people eat his seeds...

SubG posted:

One of the earliest extant Irish legal texts is the Bechbretha ("Bee Judgments") which outlines various guidelines for resolving disputes involving bees and beekeeping. For example, anyone who keeps a hive on their property owes a portion of the honey to the owners of the adjacent lands because the bees collect pollen from their property. It also covers how to divvy things up when you find a wild swarm, and mentions the historical precedent of an Irish king losing the throne after being blinded by a bee.

None of this is particularly relevant here, but I kinda feel like the 7th Century Irish legal tract about bees has a lot more interesting poo poo going on in it than anything that's happened in Legacy.

You've heard of tree law, now get ready for bee law!

Also, regarding tusks, I just want an excuse to post a pic of a male Chinese Water Deer, which has tusks to attract mates:

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Pulsarcat posted:

And he still hasn't asked..ummm... Kaianda, what the seer said too her.
I also had too look up her name, the story made a big deal out of it and never brought it up again.

Did he ever talk to her about that weird shared dream? Or for that matter, tell Ink Witch that he named her? You'd think those things would be more important than "oh look fishing rods!"

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Pulsarcat posted:

For the sake of my sanity, I'm going with this being a fake out and she's actually fishing.

But Snout doesn't eat fish so maybe she's going to offer him some tasty veggies!

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I saw nearly 100 posts and knew something must have happened.

Where's the brain bleach?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

GreenMetalSun posted:

Also it's weird that he like, refuses to talk (or write, whatever) to his friends. You would think, out of concern for his own safety and the safety of people he supposedly cares about, he would at least inquire about why the ship crashed. Did the Ink Witch lose control of it? Did the chandak sabotage it? Is it still safe to ride in? Is that just how it lands? Did losing control of it like that hurt the Ink Witch? gently caress, his defining trait is supposed to be his curiosity.

I think he asked her but she didn't actually know, and said something like "maybe the lake did it, maybe Swampy crashed us on purpose, I don't understand her accent."

Also, I bet Swampy is going to ask Snout to name her, too. Ugh.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Mx. posted:

if mookie truly believed in equality that orc would grow a ton of vaginas

Oh no, don't give him ideas!

As for the "no gore" thing, did he forget when he drew a guy skinned alive?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
All this time we just thought Snout was off model when his gross shoulder thingies got bigger, but no, it was foreshadowing!

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Is this how all mongrelfolk gently caress? When the one winged angel guy fucks, does he grow a bunch of wings? What's the deal?

I was wondering the same thing-- did the witch deliberately transform him (she looks satisfied with the outcome) or did his head just do that? If only we'd seen that book on mongrel folk mating rituals!

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SubG posted:

Would-be magicians have been trying to cast spells with their spunk for centuries, it's a thing.

That's one way that alchemists try to make homunculi (and there are apparently people trying it even today!).

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
He doesn't seem particularly shocked and surprised at sprouting antlers and weird floppy shoulder spikes during sex, either, and you'd think that would elicit some sort of reaction. Did he know this was going to happen?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Emrikol posted:

"Get hornt" is a typo with a certain Shakespearean quality.

I think getting hornt is when you sprout spikes and antlers.

Speaking of which, one reason I suspect this is all a dream is that I don't think Mookie would want to bother with changing his protagonist's character design.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I have no idea what's happening in this comic anymore and what's real or a dream/vision. And what happened to Snout's antlers and stuff?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Mutant Headcrab posted:

He'll get new visions that ?????? and also make everyone happy again because he's a nice, soft boy who's good at sex.

I wonder if different bits of his body will inflate each time?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SubG posted:

just in general he's undergone design changes that look like something cribbed from a discussion of neoteny in e.g. Disney characters.

Stephen Jay Gould wrote an interesting paper on the evolution of Mickey Mouse's design, from that perspective: https://faculty.uca.edu/benw/biol4415/papers/Mickey.pdf

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

yeah actually they will posted:

snout is horny as hell and loves to gently caress and it's the main thing of the comic

Great post/username combo!

Just when you think this comic can't get any dumber (and grosser), it somehow does.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Are we just going to get a nonsensical retcon every week now?

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Ugh. Just ugh. It's loving gross. Snout must have a billion STIs now.

Maybe those antlers are his body's way of ejecting pathogens. They're solid virus and bacteria, probably should use hand sanitizer after touching them.

Also just remembered, when is Snot going to tell Ink Witch that he named her Ink Witch? It would have made some sense to bring that up during the "my friends are sad and I want to help" bit.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Midnight Voyager posted:

You see, our entire cast actually has disabilities. Theirs is a lack of the sense of smell!

Everyone's got the rona :ohdear:

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Pyrotoad posted:

Mookie's weird hang-ups about sex positivity and racism combine to give us Arudak, who has placed the various races of women he's hosed on a tier list for their sexual abilities.

And everyone appears to be writing n the same page so Inky and Corpsey would have seen that comment. I wonder how they feel?

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

YF-23 posted:

I think it's just the page being wet from the swamp.

I suspect it's meant to be Snout drooling.

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
I thought they'd found the Asininepath book already but it was full of mystical gobbledygook that nobody could understand? Or was that something else? I keep losing track of this comic's non-plot-points.

Drakyn posted:

Not sure what this means but I had to do it, sorry.

Checks out, he's almost as horrifying as those things in the Cats movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

SubG posted:

Kinda like a political cartoon or whatever--if somebody wrote a story today which described, I dunno, Abraham Lincoln descending into Hell where an angel points out a portly "hippopotus" who has silly orange hair and insists that he was really meant for heaven but someone stole his place and then the angel tells Lincoln that this is the fate of his people...a reader encountering that today would have absolutely no trouble figuring out what was intended, but someone reading it a thousand years from now might end up wondering what a "hippopotus" is, whether it's a scribal error for "hippopotamus" or a distinct mythological beast, what the symbolism might mean in either case, and so on.

I always knew Dante's Inferno was just one big political cartoon.

Back to Mookie, I'm not clear on what the "legacy" even is. Are they trying to figure out how Dominic altered magic? Or what happened to him after he went to the dream realm? It doesn't seem that there's any big unsolved mystery-- we have the explanation in Dominic's own words, but he apparently sucks at writing clearly. Snout is meant to be intellectually curious and obsessed with this guy, but he knows little more than a list of bullet points.