Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whelp, here we go again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Maybe he's become an assman?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Hostile V posted:

I forgot 'mongrelmen' were a thing and thought he was an Orc at first. Also whoever compared it to The Quiet Man: I hope to god this is just like The Quiet Man and there are scenes that take place completely away from where the deaf POV character is that should theoretically have sound or be voiced and it makes no logical sense for them to be silent as well and it's transparent that all you did was cut out all sound entirely and have an inconsistent framing device and third person omniscient-but-not-really narrator.

y'know like on the first page of your comic.

What if instead Mookie weaves a masterful tale and we are undone?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

It was so much fun to mock with a group.

The art was horrible, but not eye-searing or incomprehensibly so (usually). The writing sucked major rear end, but not enough to be unintelligible. There was enough sincerity and dedication from the author, but it was also incredibly lazy. Terrible things happened frequently, but they weren't the same terrible things -- there was always something new to surprise you.

That reminds me, what was that webcomic where everyone was super wrinkly and the proportions made it look like it was drawn by a xenomorph that had heard descriptions of humans? Some kind of bee super heroine.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Cat Mattress posted:

Once Stung, by "Firebrand128" and "40 oz". A marvel.

Thank you, it's even more weird looking than I remembered!

Edit: Yeah, that's the stuff.

Mr.Pibbleton fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Jul 4, 2019

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

I couldn't parse this page until I realized that it seems to be in reverse chronological order, like Memento, all of a sudden.

At least I THINK that's what's happening. Why would he only start doing that on page 3 if so?

Edit: you got me. Good job. Teaches me to actually look at the site first.

In the old thread, I used to always post edits, I think someone found where he stored the next day's comic before uploading so I had time. I'd often edit in the one fat character, replacing giant monsters or having him rail Stunt's mom. Then one day the ancient necromancer pulled back his hood to reveal his face was actually that fat guy, I posted it unedited and for an hour people were screaming it was fake and for people to post the real comic and instead of this obvious fraud.

That comic got so ridiculous at times. :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Did Mookie just enable the "mobile site only" option or something, or is this only happening for me? His site is suddenly loading in that mode for me on a browser, and it zooms way to in to the comic and makes it look all blurry and crappy.

... Well, crappier than usual, anyway.

Looks fine on my end.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

...is the dead lady going to matter at all?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

Memories.

I'll never forget Bumper throwing his just-severed hands at his pursuer and squirting blood into his eyes in order to escape.

I'm just glad in the Mookie cosmology the greatest eldritch power is wrestling.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What an unexpected development.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Mors Rattus posted:

The tail is migrating up his back.

Sometimes magic is just magic.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Not curious enough to pop for the higher tiers that have epilogues on Dominic Deegan characters, though.

Edit: Oh, I missed a notable one. One of those bonus images (unrelated to this comic) was a character he created who is a necromancer in a graveyard reading a book called "Put the Romance back in Necromancy" with "Talk to Dead Girls" on the back of the book.

Yeah. He created a necrophiliac necromancer OC. According to Mookie, he'll "either go on to defile corpses for horrible undead rituals, or he's going to be a harmless pervert with a ghost fetish ;) "

Not ;) , Mookie. Not ;) at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIZhBUXNwzw

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Fish Noise posted:

You say that now...

They established what happened to Siggy's dad and his awesome stache.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

Didn't Demon-Siegfried eat his dad's soul? It was stupid.

Was the Karnak / Siegfried plot ever resolved, I can't remember.

I think one of them blew up.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

He wasn't in danger because Rillian paid the dwarf to punch him in the balls.

To save the word.

He truly was the best character. :allears:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PMush Perfect posted:

God, this loving comic.

The very first colored comic no less.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheHan posted:

Hope you liked Friday's joke.

This is one of his finest works.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Who What Now posted:

Hell, draw an older or chubbier witch. Anything other than young and thin.

The first necromancer was fat.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheHan posted:

I'm just relieved we're spared 2 weeks of him trying to Mr.Magoo some berries from a monster.

It ain't over until it's over.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Emrikol posted:

I seem to recall "we are the Dominic Deegan fans" being something of a motto in the old threads.

They who seek to mock Deegans... become the only one still paying attention probably.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

maltesh posted:

Nah, this is going to end with the tree giving him a thumbs-up, because Snout bandaging the tree to keep it from dying from its self-inflicted wound with the bandages he clearly doesn't have is an even more bizarre outcome.

What if the tree throws horns and then tries to portray rocking out via a soundless medium?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Kerbtree posted:

Goblins was consistent.

consistently horrible

Didn't his kickstarter project get all the funds embezzled?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheHan posted:

This edit is no longer relevant, but I had my own terrible comics to make during the Skori Tree Assault Arc.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

VanSandman posted:

God the ineptitude on display here is staggering. The original hatewatch thread must've been amazing.

It was, there was even a mookie sans font for edits.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ague Proof posted:

Greg was the worst character in DD.

Remember when Siggy, son of the blessed Dance Commander, beat him with his own walking stick after his first display of smugness in combat?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Nuns with Guns posted:

The premise was something like: rear end in a top hat Knight's rear end in a top hat Knight Dad (who was dubbed the Dance Commander by a prior thread for his facial hair and a panel where it looked like he was pelvic thrusting while donning a necklace of orc tusks) did a mass genocide on the orcs. One orc chieftan was all like "Curse you!" to him and that turned out to be a real curse that caused human babies to be born with tuskmouth. Luna was all special because she came to accept her tuskmouth in spite of it being the source of lifelong abuse instead of having them removed or managing to successfully kill herself or whatever. This meant she was special and could help fix the genocide and death magic poison the Dance Commander inflicted on orcland.

Then Mookie was baffled by people asking for art of Siegfried's dad for their friend "Tess".

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Whereas our sincere derision turned into fanfics.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

What is this intellectual cowardice that prevents the library from being located in, DOWNTOWN ERROSUS?

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope I don't come off as too negative, but I feel like this comic, is bad.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I've been ill as of late and had forgotten and just caught up on this thread. I'm afraid I feel as though many aspects of this comic are in fact, bad.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't tweet often, but I did get a like on this one from a very special someone.

https://twitter.com/MrPibbleton/status/1237807148773462016

:kiddo:

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I know it's a mongrelman but I still feel like Mookie should spend more time looking at penises or penii if you prefer.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Nah that was the old Mookie. The new Mookie has horny liberated dad energy, and wants everyone to know about the sex he has with his wife, and how he totally isn't afraid to draw nudity and sex, which is :nws: totally a unique quality :nws: in online comics in TYOL 2020.

Oh god I would not be surprised.

What, no :nws: https://www.oglaf.com/ ???

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I just remembered the time Mookie tried coloring his strips and we found out which character was actually black.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

TheHan posted:

What about this but it’s just for cheap jokes?

I actually like this one, still can't believe he stored those corpse models in the images section on his website though.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

PetraCore posted:

If he could lip-read he'd associate certain mouth shapes with letters and words, but he doesn't even do that. Which isn't to say deaf people who don't lip-read aren't valid or whatever, just I don't think Mookie really put any thought into this.

I heard people with hearing difficulties often subconsciously learn to lip read and that the current face mask situation is causing them problems.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Joe Slowboat posted:

Wait is that the exact same 'bumps into one-winged mutant who then flies off erratically' gag and panel from earlier?

I'm in awe of how bad this comic is. It keeps getting, impossibly, worse.

It's like Boku no pico but a boring webcomic instead! YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I hope my deaf uncle never find out about this comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Miss posted:

god i love the misfits

The worst thing that happened to them was Clash.

Invisible Clergy posted:

Their songs are better. My favorite song of theirs is "I like your style" . What a great show that was. I've never met anyone else who's watched it.

I sincerely doubt it since I've never hears anything about this. There was no internet back then, so it's possible the name of the bad guys in this also-ran cartoon to sell toys to girls was not on the radar of the band members of the misfits.

Truth.