Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
How do the past 2 comics relate in any fashion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.
I'm pretty sure I hit this panel a bunch of times in Devils Crush or Demons Tilt. Can't remember which one

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

What is the point of any of this? I ask as if I'd get a different answer this time.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Am I correctly remembering that Maltak has sentient vegetables and therefore undercutting his already stupid idea that "orcs are vegetarian :smuggo: dear stupid reader"

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Why is snout bald in that first panel?

Also he comes the ink witches I guess

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

TheHan posted:

This is what it’s all been building up to folks. Now that we all forgot about that pesky “Ink witch is an abuser” subtext Mookie can slide the one true wife back into the story.

He's going to just hope the audience forgets all of the "controversy" isn't he? This was just all running out the clock?

Also watch corpse mommy just randomly get written out

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Remember how when the first arc concluded it looked like Inkwitch and Orkguy had been forcibly taken away, possibly kidnapped, might be in danger?

Does that mean Devin Townsend won't return?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Yep all the manipulation and "character building" removed so Mookie can continue to get off.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maybe his emceeing was poorly paced, had too much alliteration, and referenced jocks too much?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

There is also a retweet about how predictable plot twists are a good thing which is a bit on the nose

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I guess i found it funny because the current comic has to have a plot to have a plot twist.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Plot is going so slowly the pages have grown moss.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

amigolupus posted:

I was gonna make a joke how the inside of the cockpit must stink to high heaven because Snout and Corpsemomwife haven't had a proper bath in weeks, but then I remembered they got to Maltak within a day or two because Mookie's poo poo at establishing a sense of time passing.

Still probably smells :colbert:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

GreenMetalSun posted:

I'm sure that fly-fishing scene is traced, but beyond that - did Mookie forget that orcs can't/don't eat meat? Why are they fishing at all?
The noble savages still like to torture fish and the take pictures of them. Just not actually kill them

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Is it that Mookie himself forgot or he desperately wants his audience to forget?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Also is the orc supposed to be huge? (feels potentially traced as well even if it's a simple pose) /Where is anyone in relation to anyone else?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Zerilan posted:

Reminder: Mookie technically has almost 2 decades experience publicly releasing comics.

Reason number 402 that Malcom Gladwell is a hack or at least never heard of webcomics.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

He keeps finding new ways to waste time. Not even in an unintentionally funny way.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Arudak, Eh! :canada:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maybe this means the comic will end with the next page revealing the legacy. Then all of us posters will be free.

Also lol weekend cliffhanger that will be a wet fart again.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

He's gotten so lazy he can't be assed to write it himself? That's pretty pathetic

Also lol no dialogue comic

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

This is going to be another case of Mookie being obsessed with Jocks vs Nerds despite not understanding either and being like 30 years out of highschool isn't it?

The Chad Maltakian vs The Virgin Dominic. Rock on

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Dialogue-free*

*free from trying hard. Rock on

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay so they are bad guys and Snout is lucky to have survived Open Hand's attack, but again, Ink Witch and Orc guy are just fine. None the worse for wear. They're just chillin'.

No one exists when they are out of Snout's eyeline.

Much like how everyone is bad when they don't think of Dominic first.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Mors Rattus posted:

no dialogue in this comic

Yes this is pathetic even compared to other recent pages

Edit: not to go all webdog but on his Twitter Mookie has been retweeting how much of an art lettering is... After multiple pages of comica using lovely fonts instead of lettering :cripes:

Billy Gnosis fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Feb 28, 2021

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Pyrotoad posted:

Do her legs look really hosed up to anyone else?

I didn't even notice the legs initially. Yeah they are. But I was more confused about what expression Mookie is trying to have her convey (and what is she doing with her hands? Is she supposed to be confused by water? )

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Beelzebufo posted:

Because she's a feral child! Except wait she's not and can speak.

Also she's sitting like a mermaid lol. Like her lower half is a fish tail

A feral child that is a potential love interest for the protagonist. Yep, gently caress you Mookie

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Don't forget the black people stand in solve their problems with dance. Sexy Dance

:cripes:

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

I love how snout goes back and forth from being a puppy idiot man child to an adult who fucks with no in between

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Gone from ground fuckin' to bed fuckin'.

I can't believe how much Mookie has regressed as a creator. I wouldn't think it would be technically possible. This has to be an explicit if I plainly write what I just depicted I have to do half of much work, right?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Happy Landfill posted:

Just...rubbin' his dick all over that guest bed

He's going to scoot on the carpet later and then Mookie will decide he's a mature adult again and he will sleep with one or more of the characters while being mopey.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Did he reply to himself in his own diary? No dialogue

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Is that what a wild edge is?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

At least it's not another alliteration joke. Which is ironic for the legacy strips since if Snout is writing them down they would "work".

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

What is new with this page? Isn't this literally a previous comic?

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Beelzebufo posted:

Going back to the book fetish thing, I do love how Mookie's idea of research is just pulling a lot of books at random, even if you literally can't read them.

You can tell Mookie actually hasn't done any research projects before lol.

Or original thinking.

See also the way "math" and magic was portrayed in the original comic

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Sleeping in a bed : Multiple pages
Learning a new language : half a page.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

PoptartsNinja posted:

And languages are always 1:1 word replacements, so if you know how to say 'shoe' in Japanese you can say 'The shoe is on the other foot now!' and a native Japanese speaker will know exactly what you mean!

I'm not convinced Mookie doesn't think this.

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

TheHan posted:

If this were a comic worth the effort it’d be funny to use this latest page as a cipher and see how all the previous orc text is just gibberish

Yeah, I mean it's a suckers bet to believe any of the previous orcish text (or future text) corresponds to this page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

To be fair a lot was forgotten in the star wars universe apparently in one generation. And that's the level of world building Mookie can ingest at best let alone spit up on the page

Also hurray white savior coming back.