Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amicus curiae
May 31, 2019

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Have you ever been in love, GBS ?

Share your experiences about being in love, how it happened, and what the result is today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
only with myself

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Not until I saw this thread, OP. Now I'm in love with you :blush:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I'm in love w/ abortions.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I've dated a handful of people, only told one of them I loved them (my first girlfriend, but lol that was teenage hormones saying ~i love you~).

I dunno what love feels like, or what the definition is. I assume its some sort of feeling that makes you want to stay with the person even after the honeymoon phase is over and despite you knowing what their farts smell like. Or maybe its a form of acceptance for who they are, warts and imperfections included, and not the ideal version of them you've made in your head.

Yeah OP you got me beat, I reckon I haven't? Anyone who's dated me quickly learns about the Russia.jpg threads, goatse, keyboard goop, and the mentally ill cooking man masaokis.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
How dare you ask me this question

drunkb
Aug 14, 2009

The Great Twist
Only the fappening and my socks.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Yes!!! I have been IN LOVE op....

communist kangaroo
Oct 2, 2006

those are my principles, and if you don't like them...well, i have koalas.
i don't recommend it

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

Lots

Super serious love
3 maybe 4
3 guys asked me to marry them, all 3 were wrong, tho the last one was one of the major loves. He ended up destroying me anyway. :shrug:

The man I loved most of all didn't love me the same way. Its a hard lesson to learn at 24- that someone can be the right person for you, while simultaneously you are not the right person for them.

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

buglord posted:

I've dated a handful of people, only told one of them I loved them (my first girlfriend, but lol that was teenage hormones saying ~i love you~).

I dunno what love feels like, or what the definition is. I assume its some sort of feeling that makes you want to stay with the person even after the honeymoon phase is over and despite you knowing what their farts smell like. Or maybe its a form of acceptance for who they are, warts and imperfections included, and not the ideal version of them you've made in your head.

Yeah OP you got me beat, I reckon I haven't? Anyone who's dated me quickly learns about the Russia.jpg threads, goatse, keyboard goop, and the mentally ill cooking man masaokis.

You do know what love is. :downs: Their flaws are part of them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

yes and still am and it's great

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Love is fantastic, I highly recommend it

guestimate
Nov 10, 2011

FactsAreUseless posted:

Love is fantastic, I highly recommend it

It is the best thing in human life, yes.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
if the relationships.txt thread has taught me anything is that everyone has a vastly different idea of what love and is willing to tolerate abhorrent abuse chasing after a fleeting image of it that only exists in their heads.

and sometimes you find someone who isn't a monster, but this is rare.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Yes. Oh, God, yes.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

I'm in love with my wife and I love my kids more than life itself but not in a romantic way, but gosh just seeing my son's first smile of the morning when I get woken up by him just makes me melt

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

I'm in love with my wife and I love my kids more than life itself but not in a romantic way, but gosh just seeing my son's first smile of the morning when I get woken up by him just makes me melt
This is good

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah it’s the best. I mean their the best. I mean there’s like cool chicks or whatever, but I mean it’s like mmmhhmmmrrrrnnnngfhh for a while and it’s not that total complete like hooooooowwwwhhhooooaaaaaawaaaa ya know? :aaaaa:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Ye, endorphins are great!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Been had experienced love.
Been had been in love.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Waffle House posted:

Ye, endorphins are great!
Pathetic, bitter man

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

It's incredible and I was really depressed and suicidal before my son was born and now I just can't imagine reaching that level of sadness again , not to mention now I have people who rely on me being alive to also live and they love me too I think so it's really great. I love my daughter a ton too but all she does is crawl around and poo poo her pants so far

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Love, huh, good goon y'all

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Sid Vicious posted:

It's incredible and I was really depressed and suicidal before my son was born and now I just can't imagine reaching that level of sadness again , not to mention now I have people who rely on me being alive to also live and they love me too I think so it's really great. I love my daughter a ton too but all she does is crawl around and poo poo her pants so far
I don't have or want children but almost everyone I've ever met had a terrible (biological) father who was incapable of love, so it's good to see dads who give a poo poo about their kids.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Sid Vicious posted:

glares at you bitterly from the opposite park bench, angrily adjusts sunhat and old lady glasses

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

buglord posted:

glares at you bitterly from the opposite park bench, angrily adjusts sunhat and old lady glasses

Oh I forgot buglord is my adopted homosexual adult son as well and I also love him

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Love is overrated, op

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Sid Vicious posted:

Oh I forgot buglord is my adopted homosexual adult son as well and I also love him

Star Frog
Nov 15, 2000

No, but I surrendered to it for a time.

Qpid Stunt
Jul 4, 2018
Been in love shed loads of times OP, taken me over 40 years to realise that it gets me in to trouble, so now I just love myself. Often.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Being in love with someone special has caused some of the best days of my life and absolutely all of the worst days of my life.

Brute Hole Force
Dec 25, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Yup, rear end over head, everyone around wanted us to be a thing, she didn't.

Haven't bothered since because :effort:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tony Snark posted:

Yup, rear end over head, everyone around wanted us to be a thing, she didn't.

Haven't bothered since because :effort:
Try therapy

Qpid Stunt posted:

Been in love shed loads of times OP, taken me over 40 years to realise that it gets me in to trouble, so now I just love myself. Often.
This is honestly a very fair conclusion to reach. I don't think most people are happy or healthy alone but that doesn't mean it's universal - I've known some people who are much happier now that they're by themselves.

Qadaffi Taffy
Oct 1, 2006

3.14159 26535 89793 23846 26433 83279 50288 41971 69399 37510
I don't believe in love at first sight per se, but I met my wife when I was 19, and we have been together ever since (we are 36 now, having our 10th wedding anniversary this summer). Something just clicked.

Sure we have had ups and downs like any normal relationship but we have never given up. After all this time we are still in love. We still prioritize dating, hold hands and tell each other "I love you" daily. We still bang line rabbits.

I was afraid to have kids because I thought it would drive us apart, which is what I thought happened to all parents. We now have an amazing daughter and a son due this summer. Having kids has made our bond stronger some how. I'm absurdly lucky.

I hope this post gives hope to other akward goons out there that things can work out.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I am in fact in love.

In love with the coco, I got it for the low low.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sid Vicious posted:

drat dude that sounds challenging but also life-enriching. :gbsmith:

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

dudeness posted:

Once upon a time I was falling in love, but now I'm only falling apart.

This post has me crawling in my skin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The fallen sky, don’t seem so close, with you on over theeere. :banjo: