Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
When someone gets convicted for repeated offenses itt they get sent to the torture chambers, which feature such horrific abuses as:

-showing them pictures of sad puppies
-offering them chips and guac but the chips are kind of stale and the guac is actually wasabi
-reading aloud American legislation that criminalizes marijuana consumption

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

drat you really are the Clowner, you monster!!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
I think someone in this thread might be interested in the lex luthor figurine. :colbert:

Android Blues

Goons Are Great posted:

My sincerest apologies, I demand a certain bureaucratic structure behind new proposals, including a convincing speech, following this setup:

Apology
Short description of the law
Smiley (subject of other laws)
Convincing speech starting with a reference to another known byob thread (eg "My ghost is a soup") and ending with "If you don't vote for my law, I will end you" to peacefully convince people.
Another different smiley
FiN

While I appreciate the spirit of this proposal, I'm concerned it may be unconstitutional. The mandatory sign-off it requires would force legislators into the vile, seductive arms of second person pronoun use. Perhaps we might change the mandatory sign-off to the clearer, more natural "If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution"?

Goons Are Gifts

Android Blues posted:

While I appreciate the spirit of this proposal, I'm concerned it may be unconstitutional. The mandatory sign-off it requires would force legislators into the vile, seductive arms of second person pronoun use. Perhaps we might change the mandatory sign-off to the clearer, more natural "If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution"?

That is an acceptable alternative, given that the team that worked out the original proposal did not think of already in-place laws affecting it. An appropriate edit will be conducted.

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Goons Are Great posted:

My sincerest apologies, I demand a certain bureaucratic structure behind new proposals, including a convincing speech, following this setup:

Apology
Convincing speech starting with a reference to another known byob thread (eg "My ghost is a soup") and ending with "If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution" to peacefully convince people.
Another different smiley
FIN

Legislative change: Law breaking last sentence removed.

epic :same:, as amended

alnilam

Android Blues posted:

Recognising my civic duty, I have constructed the Aye Chamber for all to marvel at the contributions of our antecedents. See how closely their political zeal mirrors the hot fervor of these modern times!

Each poster interred herein is a hero of posting. May their contribution be remembered by all legislators, who legislate today on the shoulders of these gone-by titans.

*wipes tear from eye*

Manifisto

terribly sorry about this, but I propose that every post itt subsequent to this law's enactulation must coin an original word or phrase

ty nesamdoom!

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Manifisto posted:

terribly sorry about this, but I propose that every post itt subsequent to this law's enactulation must coin an original word or phrase
Epic same.

bird.

sec

bird. fucked around with this message at 04:56 on Jul 6, 2019

bird.

Goons Are Great posted:

drat you really are the Clowner, you monster!!

As judge, jury, and executioner of Tiny Laws, I have deemed this poster to be on a 6-hour probation period.

Goons Are Gifts

Not even a cool picture included as reason??

Legislative procedures regarding the ability to question our leader's capabilities will be put in motion.

sb hermit

Barking Gecko posted:

epic :same:, as amended

so much this

sb hermit

excuse me, but in order to ensure that legislators are paying attention and not simply rubber stamping any bills that cross their desk, I propose that no laws are approved unless *also* they fill two of the following conditions:

• one or more posts, intended to signal approval, containing "epic same" or verbiage or smilies intended to indicate same
  • one or more posts, intended to signal approval, containing "so much this" or verbiage or smilies intended to indicate same
  • one or more posts, intended to signal approval, containing phrases to indicate approval, as long as those phrases themselves are approved by this esteemed legislative body

EDIT: This proposal was edited before any approvals were made, in order to make requirements less onerous

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jul 7, 2019

sb hermit

Pardon me, but in order to reduce any posting friction to pass additional laws, I propose to make it explicit that empty posts will be given the same weight as a normal post, made in the same context as the empty post it is quoting, when a law is being voted upon.

sb hermit

forgive my intrusion, but I have noticed that there is a distinct lack of Drilldo Squirt appreciation. Thus, I propose July to be Drilldo Squirt Appreciation Month.

To commemmorate this month, I propose that myself, El Dorito, be probated for one day for every past and subsequent law proposed in this thread, regardless of the poster, for only those laws proposed in this month. The probations will start at any time after the law is passed.

sb hermit

whoops, this is a lot of posts, but I propose July 20 to be BrownianMotion appreciation day. Should this law pass, the following will take effect: any poster who posts "hbd bm" on that day will be subject to a 6 hour probation. Optionally, that probation reason will include a picture of a funko pop figurine or a picture,/illustration of tron bonne.

EDIT: This edit was done before any approvals were made. Any probations made as a result of commemmorating BrownianMotion appreciation day will not be counted towards winning any contests specific to this thread.

EDIT 2: Updated to indicate that affected posts must be made on the proper date

EDIT 3: I would like to be explicitly clear that this only applies to posts made in this thread

sb hermit fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Jul 8, 2019

Manifisto

really really fuckin sorry but I propose that no laws are binding itt on wednesday (except this law obviously)

roomforthetuna

Manifisto posted:

really really fuckin sorry but I propose that no laws are binding itt on wednesday (except this law obviously)
Epic same.

sb hermit

The Klowner

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manifisto posted:

So much this.

super sweet best pal

Hate to be a bother but while lawless Wednesday is cool and all, we also need to set aside time for Opposite Day. Every Saturday, posters must do the opposite of what the law says, except for this law of course.

Android Blues

super sweet best pal posted:

Hate to be a bother but while lawless Wednesday is cool and all, we also need to set aside time for Opposite Day. Every Saturday, posters must do the opposite of what the law says, except for this law of course.

So much this!

Goons Are Gifts

You have so many laws to keep track off.
Proposal: Voting for you own laws is legal now.

Goons Are Gifts

Goons Are Great posted:

You have so many laws to keep track of.

Aye

roomforthetuna

Goons Are Great posted:

You have so many laws to keep track off.
So much this.

sb hermit

roomforthetuna posted:

So much this.

epic same

bird.

Manifisto posted:

epic same

bird.

Goons Are Great posted:

Apology
Convincing speech starting with a reference to another known byob thread (eg "My ghost is a soup") and ending with "If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution" to peacefully convince people.
Another different smiley
FIN

Legislative change: Law breaking last sentence removed.

This is now The Law.

bird.

Manifisto posted:

really really fuckin sorry but I propose that no other laws are binding itt on wednesday

This is now the Law.

Android Blues

A thousand pardons. My law idea is that whenever I have a law idea, the ik Brownian Motion, or whosoever shall take up the position of chief justice in perpetuity, must quote the post and tell me I've done a good job. The praise need not be fawning, but it must be stout, honest praise, that could by no means be mistaken for a satire of my person.

:temporary:

This law would be good for Transit. It would be good for Decisions. It would be good for Economy - which I'm sure I don't need to emphasise the importance of to my fellow legislators. We all know how dry the coffers are right now. If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution.

:notfunny:

sb hermit

Android Blues posted:

A thousand pardons. My law idea is that whenever I have a law idea, the ik Brownian Motion, or whosoever shall take up the position of chief justice in perpetuity, must quote the post and tell me I've done a good job. The praise need not be fawning, but it must be stout, honest praise, that could by no means be mistaken for a satire of my person.

This law would be good for Transit. It would be good for Decisions. It would be good for Economy - which I'm sure I don't need to emphasise the importance of to my fellow legislators. We all know how dry the coffers are right now. If my law is not voted for, the person reading this who has resolved not to vote for my law shall rue the day they made that resolution.

so much this

Stoner Sloth

Android Blues posted:

epic same

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

Manifisto

Android Blues posted:

so epic much same this

ty nesamdoom!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Manifisto posted:

So much this

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Android Blues posted:

Epic same

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

Android Blues posted:

so much this

Android Blues

The Android Blues Group for Action expresses the most effusive possible gratitude to all of its fine co-legislators, who have made this landmark legislation possible. May a salutary warmth radiate through us.

bird.

Android Blues posted:

This is now The Law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird.

wow I've created a nonsense monster, i have a feeling by the 20th this thread is going to be impossible to follow