Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
My brain is broken enough that my mind sometimes wanders into "am I being gang stalked" territory until I can calm down and think it through. I'm glad I'm able to do that and can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't/

Looking into the science helps a lot. It helps me to understand that the human brain is extremely good at connecting things but sometimes it gets over excited and starts seeing connection where there are none and this causes problems. To you it all makes sense and you feel fine but it's your brain telling you that and your brain is not functioning correctly. I know you probably won't but please seek help. I know you are sure you are right but you will be so much happier if you can just let go of that and get help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Guys I can make it to OPs house to steal exactly four tablespoons of miracle whip and move their shoes 3.4cm to the left on Friday, can someone cover for me? I'm willing to take up on Tuesday shifts of draining their batteries.

mynameisbatman
Oct 3, 2008

edit wrong thread

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Who What Now posted:

Guys I can make it to OPs house to steal exactly four tablespoons of miracle whip and move their shoes 3.4cm to the left on Friday, can someone cover for me? I'm willing to take up on Tuesday shifts of draining their batteries.

Wait, I thought it was my responsibility moving the shoes. Are you moving them back?

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

axelblaze posted:

Looking into the science helps a lot. It helps me to understand that the human brain is extremely good at connecting things but sometimes it gets over excited and starts seeing connection where there are none and this causes problems. To you it all makes sense and you feel fine but it's your brain telling you that and your brain is not functioning correctly.

It's 100% this. My neuroscience is pretty rusty, but as I recall, schizophrenia is based in overactivity of the pattern-recognition centers in the midbrain, along with other midbrain structures related to stress/fear responses, and underactivity in the frontal-lobe processes associated with rational thought processing and executive activity. Essentially, you have the brain recognizing patterns and connections in everything, and identifying those patterns as evidence of serious danger, without the normal moderating impulses that say "hey, midbrain, this doesn't make sense at all." I assume non-schizophrenic conspiracy theorists have sub-clinical levels of the same problems and/or replace the frontal-lobe problems with simple ignorance of the topics they're scared of. (If you don't know how the government works, your brain isn't going to be able to sanity-check whatever your pattern-recognition centers come up with about it.)

KrunkMcGrunk
Jul 2, 2007

Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit.

Who What Now posted:

hey rear end in a top hat, you took last friday off too. what the gently caress man?

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Who am I?

Err, uh, my name is... Gangothy.... Stalkothy............ Jr....

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

eleven extra elephants posted:

Wait, I thought it was my responsibility moving the shoes. Are you moving them back?

Are you kidding me?! I swear the schedulers at Soros HQ don't know what the hell they're doing!

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Which one of you is the creepy fat gently caress with "Thistle" on their shirt? I get it you are proud to work for the company, but take it easy jfc

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
One thing that's really unfortunate for people with this sort of mental illness is that their eccentric standard of evidence makes them come of as assholes. In their heads the videos they're posting of people walking outside are irrefutable proof of gangstalking and everybody in the world who ignores it is either complicit or apathetic or just willfully ignorant. So they're angry and indignant, as one would be if they were bullied and dismissed, and just come off as arrogant assholes to everybody who isn't on their wavelength.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Sounds a lot like gamers and other scum :shrug:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

lol

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Twist ending

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It’d be pretty funny if gangstalking was real because 95% of the people being stalked wouldn’t even notice.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLg2o9_L0cM

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

axelblaze posted:

My brain is broken enough that my mind sometimes wanders into "am I being gang stalked" territory until I can calm down and think it through. I'm glad I'm able to do that and can't imagine what it would be like if I didn't/
That actually sounds pretty trying and intense. Good for you to be able to mindfully overcome your brain's shortcomings.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
Killing cats is hosed up tho

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
well i guess I pull back the curtain a little. I've been doing this to ppl like the op for 15 years though I'm pretty sure its not our firm doing this one. we would have killed the cat in a much less detectable fashion. but destroying the Velcro loops is genius, I'm going to have to add that to my repertoire.

and it's called 'gaslighting', op. show some respect

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

Charles posted:

Killing cats is hosed up tho

The schizos are killing their own cats :ohdear:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Son of Man posted:

well i guess I pull back the curtain a little. I've been doing this to ppl like the op for 15 years though I'm pretty sure its not our firm doing this one. we would have killed the cat in a much less detectable fashion. but destroying the Velcro loops is genius, I'm going to have to add that to my repertoire.

and it's called 'gaslighting', op. show some respect

I'm filing a workman's comp claim over the Velcro. I'm pretty sure that the arthritis that wracks my hands was caused by hand-cutting all those goddamned loops.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Some piece of poo poo killed my cat when I was a kid on the sly with poison, turns out is because my family were lovely cat owners who let our cat freely out near a bunch of farms and poo poo and it was literally a gamble on how they were going to bite it anyhow because cats killing poo poo is a huge problem in this country, whoops.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

My neighborhood on Nextdoor.com is a mix of people who insist on letting their cats wander outside all day without collars and gardeners absolutely losing their minds and making threats when said cats poo poo in their planter boxes.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

My neighborhood on Nextdoor.com is a mix of people who insist on letting their cats wander outside all day without collars and gardeners absolutely losing their minds and making threats when said cats poo poo in their planter boxes.

Mine is nonstop lost cat posts because the fuckhead owners around here are irresponsible and don't put tags or leashes on their outdoor cats.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Mine is nonstop lost cat posts because the fuckhead owners around here are irresponsible and don't put tags or leashes on their outdoor cats.

Around here, outside cats are coyote snacks.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
The woman who lived in the house I bought had... issues. One of them was feeding raccoons at night... she had an outdoor cat.

My kids dug up 4 cat skeletons in the first year.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

RatHat posted:

It’d be pretty funny if gangstalking was real because 95% of the people being stalked wouldn’t even notice.
hahaha

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I'd notice. It's the little things that show you care

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hot babes are always gangstalking me. Honestly I can't take it any more.

SleepySonata
Mar 3, 2010
I'M NOT GAY

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Hot babes are always gangstalking me. Honestly I can't take it any more.

That’s cool that they all get along tho.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I wish we had nextdoor in Canada as I live in a neighbourhood that's a real mix from hippies to rich old nimbies to student rents you name it, bet there'd be some delightful drama.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
I woke up just yesterday, and all of my "re-usable" plastic bags had gone missing! I had to haul back my shopping entirely using the pockets of my trousers. Then, as if that wasn't enough, when I get home, my normally loveable dogs ATTACKED me!

The final straw, when I knew it had to be gang stalking, was when I went to mend the hole in my pants and I found someone had put excrement right in the seat, ruining them!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe

RatHat posted:

There's like a hundred cars an hour what drive past my house and I KNOW EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM IS IN ON IT ahaha no they're just going on about their own stupid personal lives which probably suck