Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
i tried to give it a chance but i stopped when leonard started dating penny, because i thought that was stupid forced bullshit. that said, it's not like i was in love with the show before that anyway.

sheldon is one of the most annoying charmless characters in sitcom history.

Nonviolent J posted:

its pretty funny and penny is hot

it's not funny, but the indian dude is hot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Runaktla posted:

lol goons are nerds getting mad at good show about nerds.

Show be good.

Goons are big babies.

i'm not mad, it's just not a good show :shrug:

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
i'm a heterosexual woman, and i promise i have nothing AGAINST kat dennings, but she does look exactly like a male friend of mine with giant tits glued onto her chest and it seriously weirds me out

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SweetMercifulCrap! posted:

Hey guys I have a funny observation I'd like to share: goons are also nerds, just like the characters on the Big Bang Theory

big if true

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Nooner posted:

the professor let us choose between that and king of queens and he admitted both shows sucked

wtf, king of queens owned

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Just thinking of Sheldon's sniveling little voice puts me in a bad mood, gently caress I hate this show.

god, same

Caesar Saladin posted:

the real problem with big bang theory is that the jokes aren't very funny

and also that johnny galecki is a snivelling sweaty little cocaine monster

i haven't heard anything about that, but his character on bbt is completely devoid of charisma anyway

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope
i enjoy the youtubes in here about bbt's harmful tropes a lot more than i ever enjoyed the actual show itself

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Xaris posted:

leonard is p much the reason i stopped watching, and galecki is a giant piece of poo poo.

same-ish. i thought his relationship with penny was unbelievable and stupid, so i stopped watching as soon as i could tell that the show was going to mash them together.

quote:

he's like a self-loathing goon who kramers in to point out how all the other goons are bad but not me i'm totally above all that goony nonsense i'm pure and great unlike those other goons. which, tbf is also a pretty good nerd stereotype bc there are a lot like that. but he was just really grating and terrible and it was played completely straight that he was supposed to be the most down2earth normal guy while being completely the opposite and just a terribly mean-spirited dick. his char existed solely to neg everyone all the time, or w/e it's called.

i don't know enough about leonard's character to agree or disagree with this statement, but judging from the youtubes that were linked in this thread, i can certainly believe it.

quote:

also constantly introducing girlfriend characters to everyone all of a sudden was kinda a weird shift

it felt like i knew about big bang theory in season 1, then i stopped paying attention to it either way, and then there were suddenly all these girlfriends/wives on the show. i mean, it's cool that mayim bialik has a steady gig, but jeez.

edit:

Shut up Meg posted:

Thanks to this thread, I now know that Johnny Galecki is 44 and his girlfriend is 22 and pregnant. Which clearly falls in the 'ewww' category.

this article is linked on his wikipedia page, and the thumbnail image makes him look like such a sleaze

YeahTubaMike fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jul 16, 2019

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Coolguye posted:

DUDE LOVE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

Earwicker posted:

i thought that radio station sitcom with phil hartman was pretty good. not like "i need to watch every episode' good, but still funny for its time

Newsradio was amazing, the first episode after Phil Hartman's death was super emotional, and Jon Lovitz was terrible in it. As far as I know, Newsradio is the only good thing that Joe Rogan has ever been a part of.