Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

It was quickly shunned as an embarrassment despite its tremendous victory, in the hopes everyone would forget it and its creator existed someday.

Wait what really? What happened? Why the sudden 180?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Adventurin' just doesn't pay as much as it used to huh

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Oh I see we're actually trying to keep our identities secrete, Clark Kent disguise and all. Cool!

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Emma's got her work cut out for her.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

This is one of those games which would've been criticized as "heavy-handed" on its release but nowadays it feels on point.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'd workshop that symbol a bit more if I was the head of an evil cult but that's just me.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I mean the symbolism seems obvious, every finger has its own part and autonomy but together they are still part of a whole. It's basically religious illuminati.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

To what extent do the undead have free will or souls? Is it actually like a slavery sort of situation?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Okay Stoic's part was pretty good, with that cleric and everything.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah like...of all people...

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

no war but class war :bernin:

:emptyquote:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Finley :argh: :argh:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I'm surprised nobody went "well, aKSHULLY" during the lecture as is tradition in universities.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Fleshwit posted:

Gabriella's pretty important, and as for lectures being interrupted, I'll give you one guess about who's going to get into an argument with the guest speaker.

:allears: my body is ready

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Say what you will about Lysander, at least he made yhe trains run on time

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I mean it's heavy-handed, but Cade's right. I dunno why all these tits are acting like Ketsu walks on water.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I all but figured that our school friends will be our future enemies :smith:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I gotta say, I'm digging the relationship between Gabriella and Cade

quote:

A New Alliance for a New Era: The Union of Business and Religious Extremism in the Post-Gallia Years.

Now there's a convenient goddamn novel. Might as well call it "Bad Guys' Plan Illustrated"

quote:

Ha ha ha! I'm developing a bad habit of getting carried away during those discussions.

:allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Yeah it's like a lot of people said, If you went back in time an told people what the world would be like, it would be dismissed as bad, heavy-handed satire.

These years are the reason why a lot of people have a very dim view of the idea that you can beat fascism in spirited debate. And why centrists who insist on it are loving morons, among the many other reasons.

Seraphic Neoman fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Sep 4, 2019

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Auburn's story coming up I guess.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Aww no dual-weilding flamethrowers? missed opportunity, game

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

dammit finley

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was a great bit of drama. :allears:

I'm guessing Auburn knows who Shroud is from the party. Prob figured it out like Finely did

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I feel like we didn't accomplish very much in this arc, though the game is deffo hitting its stride wrt writing.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ooof yeah I honestly feel bad for poor Gabby. Has it been established if vampires can live without blood or no?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I guess some people needed the hint

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I mean what did you expect Laurel? Yeah that's what ethnic cleansing in the name of a God looks like.
And yeah, I dunno why the gang bothered about the Toutens, the Hand is clearly the greater villain.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I was not expecting us to kill one of the Hand's merry band so soon.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Jesus even Finley was calling bullshit on that one. Since this was the Bush era I'm guessing this was specifically a criticism of the No Child Left Behind law, though the "culture of dependency FYGM" pervades every piece of modern conservative logic.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Ah the halcyon days when Ann Coulter was the worst of the right wing pundits. That was before capitalism unearthed Charlie "🅱️enezuela" Kirk and Candace "Hitler's Nationalsim Was Okay" Owens

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I think you coulda given the heroes a win here; I mean you're not running out of villains anytime soon and you're telling me our intrepid party of 6 failed to accomplish anything? C'mon.

I had this problem with The Way too.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly , this problem seems to be self-correcting. By that time tomorrow every member of the hand will want to kill Ariel.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

I sympathize with you Shroud, I really loving do. I bet the author had this thought more than once in his real life.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Equipment King is actually Amazon. Discuss.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

quote:

... I'm Zeno Slade.

15 yo me would have been in loving heaven :allears:

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Honestly at this point perhaps hiding Marin in his home might have been a better idea. I hope we don't lose this loving book again

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Well that sure was a sudden tone shift. Alright let's kill us a necromancer.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I don't really peg him as a villain. I mean okay dark magic ritual = bad but beyond that what evil did he commit? The Solendanians were shown to be racist and corrupt, as well as out to humiliate him and his knighthood, so his anger with them was completely justifiable. Otherwise...uh?

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

That was Assassin's Creed af mechanic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

I have to give kudos to the enemy design and to the minigame mechanics. The latter expecially were prob not easy to code.