Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

When I was growing up, old people were way different. They had seen poo poo. They had fought Nazis and never expressed their feelings. They walked around with pinched faces and tightly clenched fists and were generally feared. My grandpa would grind corn in his backyard and make his own bird feed. He would load discarded lumber into his pickup and fashion bird houses out of it. This cost him nothing because he never spent money (except on grandma) because he lived through the great depression. He was raised in rural Michigan and said things like "piss and vinegar", and "witches tits". He whittled.

Old people now were all in their 30s in the 1980s. They had cocaine and computers and the internet hadn't ruined everyone yet. I see a lot of them walking around doing normal young people poo poo like paddle boarding as if they aren't old as gently caress.

Old people used to be cool and scary as poo poo and had green anchor tattoos. They smelled like poo poo and ate dry oatmeal for breakfast. New old people complain when there isn't enough roasted pumpkin in their quinoa salad with maple balsamic dressing.

I miss the old old people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Devil
Feb 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's gonna be funny when millenials get old and all their finely-detailed full-sleeve tattoos just turn in to fuzzy blobs of ink. Everyone will look like they have skin diseases.

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

You could always throw a grenade at some Austrian dick and start another war for us all to be drafted into so we can become the battle hardened senior citizen you're fantasizing about I guess?

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

if i ever live to retire (as if) i plan to become a neighborhood fixture. i'm gonna get into snakes and be The Snake Guy. i'll take their discarded skins, fill them with pebbles and hang them up as a quiet, but upsetting windchime.

that's the best service old people can serve. teaching children that the world is a strange, confusing place.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
People are getting older now, it’s new social territory. Not like it’s a bunch of teenagers that got thrown in the war machine and came out old teenagers.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ah crap we're like one of the first generations of internet olds arent we

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I agree OP, old people now are bullshit. The old old people saw computers and decided not to gently caress around with them. Nowadays old people think they know how poo poo works when they're absolutely clueless, they don't know when to step back and admit the world's changed. Old people used to have the sense to know when to stop.

Lil Devil
Feb 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dr.acula posted:

You could always throw a grenade at some Austrian dick and start another war for us all to be drafted into so we can become the battle hardened senior citizen you're fantasizing about I guess?

The problem is even veterans today aren't hard like they used to be. They're all claiming disability checks and whining about PTSD b/c the drone they were remotely flying from 500 miles away got shot down.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

in my day we didn't have plugins to block goatse! we looked at his work and we liked it!

Telebite
Aug 23, 2018

Every single living human being is a tragedy that hasn't happened yet.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer
There's already a boomer thread.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

marijuanamancer posted:

"THE First of them.
God help us

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Imagine realizing for the very first time, just now, today, that Boomers suck and are going to kill us all through their selfish ineptitude. lol Well have fun op.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

marijuanamancer posted:

yup

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

marijuanamancer posted:

Usenet Gen Xers were the first.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

super sweet best pal posted:

they did help me get through NetHack

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
In my day we watched Popeye, the sailor man & Tom & Jerry cartoons when they pummeled or/and shot each other in the face constantly. They wolf-whistled at hot women or threw them over their shoulders & ran off.

And nobody got hurt.

Now you soyboys got Care-Bears, Smurfs & the Simpsons & when mom throws out your Magic cards, you'll go on a killing spree till the cops show & you automatically turn pussy.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

super sweet best pal posted:

what about BBS operators

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

In my day we watched Popeye, the sailor man & Tom & Jerry cartoons when they pummeled or/and shot each other in the face constantly. They wolf-whistled at hot women or threw them over their shoulders & ran off.

And nobody got hurt.

Now you soyboys got Care-Bears, Smurfs & the Simpsons & when mom throws out your Magic cards, you'll go on a killing spree till the cops show & you automatically turn pussy.

I'm pretty sure Bluto got hurt occasionally

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

He's not talking about the Boomers, he's talking about the grizzled soldiers who came home to strong women and hosed the baby boom into existence

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

GORILLA BASTARD posted:

And nobody got hurt.

Bluto was a rapist

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Pepi le Pew was a rapist

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

What I'm saying is old people really loved cartoon rapists

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
thanks dave

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Bluto was a rapist

attempted rapist. it would have been a different cartoon if he actually did it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

attempted rapist. it would have been a different cartoon if he actually did it

I guess that's technically true but both he and le Pew were simply rapists who never managed to fully commit the deed, at the best they are serial sexual assaulters.

There's also the Betty Boop one with the boss who was a huge sex pest.

There was a lot of that stuff in old cartoons jesus.

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

What I'm saying is old people really loved cartoon rapists

not just cartoon ones either

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

dads friend steve posted:

Cartoon rapists are a gateway drug to real rapists.

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it does seem like a lot of people got away with rape

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

The Cubelodyte posted:

The Cubelodyte posted:

The Cubelodyte posted:

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

marijuanamancer posted:

it does seem like a lot of people got away with rape back in the day

Cartoons not least of all

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

dads friend steve posted:

lol

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Cartoon rapists are a gateway drug to real rapists.

:hmmyes:

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its just a prank

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Good point let's just make this the Old People Love Cartoon Sex Assaulters thread

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

why do you care?
Are you a boomer?

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
maybe just has ocd

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

All the old WW2 vets are dying. Soon no human alive will have the experience of jumping out of a plane or storming a beach to liberate a people from a dictatorship. A lot of valuable knowledge will be lost and it's a shame

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

marijuanamancer posted:

maybe just has ocd

maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marijuanamancer
Sep 11, 2001

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

sweet thursday posted:

All the old WW2 vets are dying. Soon no human alive will have the experience of jumping out of a plane or storming a beach to liberate a people from a dictatorship. A lot of valuable knowledge will be lost and it's a shame

yeah its been 80 years since we fought a war that mattered more than a profit to some rich people