Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

crispix posted:

I miss the little old ladies who wore head scarves and dragged around tartan shopping trolleys from which they could seemingly produce anything anyone needed in any situation and were at the very least unashamed of their fulsome facial hair.

I dunno man. I know some grandma cougar types killing it in my cross-fit. They've spent tens of thousands at their plastic surgeons & I hear, "full Brazilian wax" when they're talking about their latest cruise ship shenanigans. Two of the grandmas in my class have scorpions tattooed on the back of their necks. For grandma types they pretty rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORILLA BASTARD
Jun 20, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

I'm pretty sure Bluto got hurt occasionally

Bluto got his rear end hammered consistently at the end of every episode. Tom got pulverized by Jerry at least 5x inside of 3 minutes of the show. Did they complain? No sir, no sir. They were back at it again next day & no worse for wear.

dracky
Nov 8, 2010

I pledge to be a nice old person when I get to that age. My grandparents were miserable grouches who never stopped complaining, everyone was an idiot except them, etc etc. Like gently caress being old and bitter and pissed off all the time. I mean I'm sure some of them can't help it but if I can be the old person who can still smile and be friendly to people it at least makes everyone's lives a little better

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Moola posted:

"back in my day people didn't have this ANXIETY and DEPRESSION"

Yes they did Karen, they just killed themselves instead of admitting they had it and seeking help you old poo poo

My cousins' grandfather got put into detox at some point in the 70s or 80s (I guess back then they just locked you in a room to sweat it out). He ended up drinking his aftershave at one point out of desperation for more alcohol.

But no, nope. Nobody from that generation was depressed or addled with PTSD. They just had... moral failings.

I for one miss quaint old vocab, like 'davenport' and 'britches', and old people having rotary phones.