Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Morbius is a character i wanted to see in the movies so bad then it went to Leto and i was like yeah cheers monkey paw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
That dude is just insufferable. Worst part of BR2049, he nearly ruined an otherwise beautiful film.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!

Sir Kodiak posted:

In case Peter betrays him.
Yeah, but the glasses go just "Sup?" when he puts them back on again at the end. Doesn't need any unlocking or control transfer.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Combat Pretzel posted:

Yeah, but the glasses go just "Sup?" when he puts them back on again at the end. Doesn't need any unlocking or control transfer.

Yeah, they just answer to whoever puts them on. The whole control transfer thing is apparently ceremonial.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Reminder that Mysterio's plan at the end involved Peter using the glasses, therefore of course he would give him back control at the end

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Sir Kodiak posted:

Yeah, they just answer to whoever puts them on. The whole control transfer thing is apparently ceremonial.

I'm assuming you need to wear them to have them do anything, and to use them you need to be on the okay list.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Lord_Magmar posted:

I'm assuming you need to wear them to have them do anything, and to use them you need to be on the okay list.

You're free to assume whatever you want, but the idea of an "okay list" has no basis in the movie. The language the movie uses is about transfer of control to Mysterio, not an additional authorization, and that transfer apparently does nothing since Peter doesn't actually have his control transferred away. The natural interpretation when something appears to do nothing is that it in fact did nothing, not that it secretly did something in the background that is never referenced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

UmOk posted:

This a joke?
No. He's a horrible person.